2023 Recruiting: - Tafara Gapare Decommits from DePaul | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Tafara Gapare Decommits from DePaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Transfer portal window closed like 2 months ago. Not gonna make a difference this year
Not this year. I’m talking at seasons end. That’s a lot of bodies(which I’m not opposed to) and not a lot of minutes.

He is not just a developmental piece. He’s a legit talent. Who can take minutes at the 3, 4, and 5.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not this year. I’m talking at seasons end. That’s a lot of bodies(which I’m not opposed to) and not a lot of minutes
He seems more like a kid you play at the 4-5 as a “small” lineup. He looked like a very good shot blocker in those highlights.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Scotty and Gapare would be ridiculous. That might be the number 1 class even by the end of it.

Reaction Score
He seems more like a kid you play at the 4-5 as a “small” lineup. He looked like a very good shot blocker in those highlights.
He seems like an amazing shot blocker. But his versatility handling the ball makes him intriguing across the entire front line(3,4,5)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He seems like an amazing shot blocker. But his versatility handling the ball makes him intriguing across the entire front line(3,4,5)
It’s a good problem to have. I think we have enough pure 5s that it’d be nice if he was skilled enough to play down the lineup.

Reaction Score
Think they took LIU brooklyn transfer instead

DePaul signed Penn as a grad transfer for this season, but Gapare decommitting doesn’t seem to have much to do with that.

Reaction Score

I've never made a player comparison in my life before, because I've never seen a high school kid play and think, "Hmm, he kind of reminds me of So-and-So," until now. Caron Butler? Presumably a poor man's version?

Reaction Score
Averaged 2.9 blocks per game with Team Melo in summer play but didn't play this past weekend in Kansas City in any of the games. Not sure if he's injured.

Reaction Score
can he shoot 3s? if not then dont wanna see him at SF, especially if he's a 6'10 shotblocker. sounds like a modern day 4 or stretch 5. might be getting even harder for samson to find the court this year.

Reaction Score
Not this year. I’m talking at seasons end. That’s a lot of bodies(which I’m not opposed to) and not a lot of minutes.

He is not just a developmental piece. He’s a legit talent. Who can take minutes at the 3, 4, and 5.
If the lowest guy on the totem pole transfers because he's not getting enough minutes, then so be it. We just saw what happens when they do that - we go out and find better talent to replace them. We should never be in a position to turn down a talented player because we're afraid someone might transfer out.

Reaction Score
If the lowest guy on the totem pole transfers because he's not getting enough minutes, then so be it. We just saw what happens when they do that - we go out and find better talent to replace them. We should never be in a position to turn down a talented player because we're afraid someone might transfer out.
This is the way

Reaction Score
Not “turn down”. Better distribute the talent between classes. If it’s 22 or bust take him obviously. But we’ll have better roster balance if we take him next year

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Intriguing player. Hope he commits to UConn.

Gapare did not play in KC. What was team Melo’s record prior to that event?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
is made for today's game with length, athletic and has a nice stroke

Reminds me of Smith who was drafted third from Auburn in terms of size and athletic ability

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Transfer portal window closed like 2 months ago. Not gonna make a difference this year
He still could with a waiver, I suppose. Did he ever sign a letter of intent at DePaul? If not, would even be restricted at all?

Reaction Score
Not “turn down”. Better distribute the talent between classes. If it’s 22 or bust take him obviously. But we’ll have better roster balance if we take him next year
I don’t care about balancing talent between classes because you can’t count on players staying for 4 years anymore now. If he is an upgrade over someone on the upcoming roster, you take him now

Reaction Score
He still could with a waiver, I suppose. Did he ever sign a letter of intent at DePaul? If not, would even be restricted at all?
I was talking about how it’s too late for a player from our team to enter the portal. Gapare is free to do whatever he wants lol

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was talking about how it’s too late for a player from our team to enter the portal. Gapare is free to do whatever he wants lol
Oh, I thought you were saying that he wasn’t eligible to play in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom