Syracuse is screwed | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Syracuse is screwed

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Here’s what you need to know. UConn has 4 National Championships, Syracuse has 1. UConn has 7 Big East tournament titles, Syracuse has 5. They are our plucky, gritty little cousin. If they keep trying maybe someday they can get closer to us
Yeah, but how many Helms Trophies do we have?

Reaction Score
What seed line should Houston be at? Keep calling them trash & Buddy great- not making a lot of sense.
Keep humping my leg. If you would like to continue talking about Boeheim and Kispert keep it to that other thread.

Reaction Score
Keep humping my leg. If you would like to continue talking about Boeheim and Kispert keep it to that other thread.
Lol- it’s been enjoyable- on to the next....

Reaction Score
Thumping our chests for being invited to a 64 team tourney for the first time in years and unceremoniously laying a turd and exiting is not a platform upon which to declare Cuse, Houston, or any other program sucks. As long as Rape and Murder U doesn’t win, I’m happy.

Reaction Score
Here’s what you need to know. UConn has 4 National Championships, Syracuse has 1. UConn has 7 Big East tournament titles, Syracuse has 5. They are our plucky, gritty little cousin. If they keep trying maybe someday they can get closer to us

yes...certainly so.

But tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire.

It is the future that counts...and UConn can't rest on the past (and neither can a football school).

Or...you become an Indiana....who , like an aging spinster, pulls out the scrapbook to gaze at the pressed, dried rose from the prom.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
yes...certainly so.

But tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire.

It is the future that counts...and UConn can't rest on the past (and neither can a football school).

Or...you become an Indiana....who , like an aging spinster, pulls out the scrapbook to gaze at the pressed, dried rose from the prom.
Yes but UConn has a brighter and more promising future

Reaction Score
Oh we aren’t. Our stock is headed up. We ain’t gonna be Indiana. The future is gonna be great in Storrs and will just add to our history

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Lol- same person who said Iowa was a strong 2 seed- as I said before you are not seeing the board right.
Dude’s a clown. UH top 6 offensive and defensive efficiency in CBB- only other team to be able to say that is Gonzaga. Top 5 KenPom currently and top 10 all year. 8-2 Q1/2.

“They stink!”

People are wild

Drew

Reaction Score
I always enjoy these memes against Cuse:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thumping our chests for being invited to a 64 team tourney for the first time in years and unceremoniously laying a turd and exiting is not a platform upon which to declare Cuse, Houston, or any other program sucks.
Sez you

Reaction Score
Dude’s a clown. UH top 6 offensive and defensive efficiency in CBB- only other team to be able to say that is Gonzaga. Top 5 KenPom currently and top 10 all year. 8-2 Q1/2.

“They stink!”

People are wild
My B, I just looked at their resume again and it's incredibly impressive. They beat the Red Raiders and Our Lady of Lake, also finished second in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Their resume isn't that impressive, but Houston is good. In fact, they actually play the exact same type of game UConn did this year just better: tough D and offensive boards to cover up poor shooting. This is a good watch on how they win games, it will sound very familiar.

Morsell got so much hype going into the UConn game but he didn't really do anything as it was more a team effort coiling up Bouk. Jarreau's D on Buddy last night is the best I've seen by any individual player since Bazz and Boat during the 2014 tourney run.

Drew

Reaction Score
Their resume isn't that impressive, but Houston is good. In fact, they actually play the exact same type of game UConn did this year just better: tough D and offensive boards to cover up poor shooting. This is a good watch on how they win games, it will sound very familiar.

Morsell got so much hype going into the UConn game but he didn't really do anything as it was more a team effort coiling up Bouk. Jarreau's D on Buddy last night is the best I've seen by any individual player since Bazz and Boat during the 2014 tourney run.

This was a great vid- thanks for sharing. The practice clips are... sheesh. Tough SOBs

Reaction Score

They are no doubt a good team and play very good defense but it's been a ridiculously easy path, I think their non-scoring stretches would've caught up with them if they played some ranked teams. Saying they suck was in terms of them being a 2 seed and mojo.

I'm just glad they took care of business last night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This was a great vid- thanks for sharing. The practice clips are... sheesh. Tough SOBs
Definitely. In fact, seeing Houston's success should ease folks concerns that are worried about Bouk leaving for the NBA. It isnt a pretty way to win but it can succeed in March.

The difference between UConn and Houston this year is one team converts in the paint and the other does not consistently. The defense should be as good next year so just need to execute better at point blank range and convert a couple more open looks from the perimeter.

Reaction Score
They are no doubt a good team and play very good defense but it's been a ridiculously easy path, I think they're non-scoring stretches would've caught up with them if they played some ranked teams. Saying they suck was in terms of them being a 2 seed and mojo.

I'm just glad they took care of business last night.
Yea their resume didn't warrant a 2 seed but the analytics did so I'm guessing that was how they reached that conclusion. Either way, very happy they took down the Cuse.

They look the part of a 2 when Sasser is hitting his shot and look pretty bad (see the RU game) when he can't hit water in the ocean.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yea their resume didn't warrant a 2 seed but the analytics did so I'm guessing that was how they reached that conclusion. Either way, very happy they took down the Cuse.

They look the part of a 2 when Sasser is hitting his shot and look pretty bad (see the RU game) when he can't hit water in the ocean.
I think they will be the first team to ever make a Final 4 without playing a single digit seed?

Reaction Score
Yes, it did. Some math for you — 65 of 66 teams in the tournament lose their last game. The fact that Blenheim and Girard did —- two rounds later than we did — is hardly evidence that they are low D-1 players.
Agree, more like evidence that UConn has some subpar D1 players/guards if that duo of guards can lead an average group of players to the 3rd round.

Reaction Score
Agree, more like evidence that UConn has some subpar D1 players/guards if that duo of guards can lead an average group of players to the 3rd round.

I shouldn’t be surprised that people continue to post dumb stuff like this but i always am. If UConn had beaten Winthrop and North Texas to make the Sweet Sixteen like Villanova did that would be proof that they don’t have a bunch of “subpar D1 players”? Based on your handle you seem to be an old person and you still think something like this is compelling? They lost a game.

Kansas got obliterated by the same USC team our subpar players beat. What does that say about Kansas? Absolutely nothing more than they lost that game.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I really hated playing against Jarreau. His toughness sets the tone for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom