Super Secret Scrimmage Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Super Secret Scrimmage Day

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I guess we'll have to wait at least until Sunday or Monday for Geno to have tell a media member(s) how the scrimmage went, and who impressed the most.

Reaction Score
It's a D-1 team, a D-2 team would be considered an exhibition game just like Kutztown.
Yes I’m sure it’s a D1 team since there would be nothing to be gained in scrimmaging a D2/D3 school.

However there is nothing in the NCAA bylaws to prevent a D1 team from scrimmaging a D2/D3 team. There is no requirement to call it an exhibition and treat it as such.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While we are all on pins and needles to know who UConn WBB scrimmaged today, it appears that UConn MBB has a scrimmage tomorrow vs Harvard per Jeff Goodman. It has also been rumored for several weeks that SC WBB and UNC WBB had scheduled a scrimmage for today.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
While we are all on pins and needles to know who UConn WBB scrimmaged today, it appears that UConn MBB has a scrimmage tomorrow vs Harvard per Jeff Goodman. It has also been rumored for several weeks that SC WBB and UNC WBB had scheduled a scrimmage for today.
The UConn men scrimmaged Harvard today.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The UConn men scrimmaged Harvard today.
It appears Goodman had the right team but the wrong date. 2 weeks ago he had UConn MBB scrimmaging Harvard on the 22nd & UVA on the 29th. This past week he dropped the UVA game and changed Harvard to the 23rd on his “Stadium Basketball Insider” site.

sun

Reaction Score
Ines might not have ever played on an American regulation BB court before.

Reaction Score
NCAA allows it as long as all proceeds go to a charity.

Kind of. First of all, it is only allowed if a request to the NCAA is approved. And secondly it cannot be a general fundraiser for a mainstream charity. Rather it is only allowed if it is in response to a catastrophic event.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kind of. First of all, it is only allowed if a request to the NCAA is approved. And secondly it cannot be a general fundraiser for a mainstream charity. Rather it is only allowed if it is in response to a catastrophic event.
I knew most of that. Just gave a shorthand answer. Wasn’t aware of the catastrophic event requirement though.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Yes - I looked up the info when I was doing my Power 5 team schedule worksheets and noticed the odd exhibition. Of interest, it is reportedly being televised on the Longhorn Network, which would be cool, an early taste of WBB.

Reaction Score
I suppose Sonya Morris will be locked in
Don't know if this was ever mentioned/suggested regarding her transfer to Texas from DePaul. IMO, Morris didn't appreciate being the "second fiddle" to upstart Freshman Aneesah Morrow.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Don't know if this was ever mentioned/suggested regarding her transfer to Texas from DePaul. IMO, Morris didn't appreciate being the "second fiddle" to upstart Freshman Aneesah Morrow.
So she moves to 4th fiddle? Just guessing since I really do not know their roster well but TX is Harmon's team. Must be quite a culture shock going to an intense defensive atmosphere from Defenseless DePaul.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So she moves to 4th fiddle? Just guessing since I really do not know their roster well but TX is Harmon's team. Must be quite a culture shock going to an intense defensive atmosphere from Defenseless DePaul.
Defenseless DePaul??? The Blue Demons have a clear defensive strategy. After the other team scores, inbound the ball and get a shot up as quickly as possible, over and over again, until the opposing team is exhausted from scoring so much….:rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
All kinds of secrets being shared on the men's side: secret scrimmage opponent, who won, who played well, etc.

bored waiting GIF

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
All kinds of secrets being shared on the men's side: secret scrimmage opponent, who won, who played well, etc.

bored waiting GIF
Like so many others, I’ve been waiting all day for news on Saturday’s super secret scrimmage. All I’m hearing so far are............crickets. So we wait. Maybe tomorrow? :(

A few more days, and it won’t be news, it will be history. We would have some “fresh” fodder to discuss if they shared the details of the scrimmage with their most loyal and ardent fans.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom