Super Secret Scrimmage Day | The Boneyard

Super Secret Scrimmage Day

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Today is our Super Secret Scrimmage Day. Wonder who we play?

Hope we get some nice leaks and info. Last year, we heard how Caroline and Azzi were balling.

Looking for some similar news from our newbies. Hope Ayanna is good to go with her ankle.

Going back to last year, did info come out immediately after the scrimmage?

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There’s a site where all the men’s Div 1 “secret” scrimmages are listed. It’s by conference. Unfortunately no such site exists for WCBB.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Today is our Super Secret Scrimmage Day. Wonder who we play?

Hope we get some nice leaks and info. Last year, we heard how Caroline and Azzi were balling.

Looking for some similar news from our newbies. Hope Ayanna is good to go with her ankle.

Going back to last year, did info come out immediately after the scrimmage?
Not sure how much post-game information they’ll give us. A full disclosure would be nice, but of course we’ll take whatever we can get. I’m interested in how Aubrey and the newbies perform.

Reaction Score
Proximity is probably a significant factor when selecting a scrimmage opponent. I would look inside our state or bordering states for a scrimmage opponent. Also, I would consider scrimmaging a D-1 team to be preferable to a D-2 team which we normally schedule for our exhibition game. Although I believe I understand why scrimmages are closed to the public, does anyone know why it is necessary to keep the identity of the opposing team a secret?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In another thread I listed some possible teams that are nearby, including UMass which will be a pretty good team this year. BU might be picked to win their conference this year. Rhode Island is another possibility. Quinnipiac.

I’m hoping for UMass.

Reaction Score
Aren't we already playing Princeton in the OOC schedule

sun

Reaction Score
Proximity is probably a significant factor when selecting a scrimmage opponent. I would look inside our state or bordering states for a scrimmage opponent. Also, I would consider scrimmaging a D-1 team to be preferable to a D-2 team which we normally schedule for our exhibition game. Although I believe I understand why scrimmages are closed to the public, does anyone know why it is necessary to keep the identity of the opposing team a secret?
CCSU in New Britain could be the closest Division 1 team that's also a CT state school.
I noticed that CCSU has 3 international players this year including one that played for the Kia Nurse Elite EYBL AAU team named Ally Sentance, a PG/SG.
She has a highlight video on the recruiting site below.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I assume it's probably against an opponent that will present some sort of a challenge. You get one shot at this and I would think it'd be some sort of P5 school.

I could see it being Syracuse, Rutgers, Penn State, BC, or another school that can bus there.

Reaction Score
Would be fun if it was Fairfield. Maybe nice for Lou to see her former teammates and coach, and show 'em what she's learned at UCONN in a short time!
If it was Fairfield, would that be a little like a home coming game for Lou? Maybe Geno owes Fairfield one...

Carnac

Reaction Score
These scrimmages can be super secretive. In 2016, my granddaughter was one of 4 team managers for the UNLV WBB team. They had a scrimmage with Oregon in Eugene. It was super secretive. No mention was ever made of if by the school or the media.

If my granddaughter had not told me they were going, I would have never known. No media, no fans, no observers were allowed in the arena during that time. She said they had a running clock, but kept no score. Scores were kept in a scorebook. UNLV flew up to Eugene the day before, and came back immediately after.

Other schools may handle things differently, but that’s how Oregon did it in 2016. I don’t know for fact, but I believe Oregon paid UNLV to scrimmage them.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
These scrimmages can be super secretive. In 2016, my granddaughter was one of 4 team managers for the UNLV WBB team. They had a scrimmage with Oregon in Eugene. It was super secretive. No mention was ever made of if by the school or the media.

If my granddaughter had not told me they were going, I would have never known. No media, no fans, no observers were allowed in the arena during that time. She said they had a running clock, but kept no score. Scores were kept in a scorebook. UNLV flew up to Eugene the day before, and came back immediately after.

Other schools may handle things differently, but that’s how Oregon did it in 2016. I don’t know for fact, but I believe Oregon paid UNLV to scrimmage them.
Wait, with your Divine Wisdom, you could not figure out who UNLV was playing, without your granddaughter telling you? May a Mad Yak eat from your dinner plate!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My daughter heard from my mother's late sister's ghost that it's Miksatonic University in Arkham, MA. Geno wants to prepare for the Texas game by playing against Coach Nyarlathotep's Crawling Chaos defense.

ETA: :D

Reaction Score
I'd be interested in who ran the point and who looked like they can run if the best in the absence of Paige

Carnac

Reaction Score
Wait, with your Divine Wisdom, you could not figure out who UNLV was playing, without your granddaughter telling you? May a Mad Yak eat from your dinner plate!!
Whenever I visited my granddaughter in Las Vegas (which was every 3-5 weeks), I would go there disguised as a normal citizen. I left all of my "Carnac" paraphernalia (turban, cape, etc) at home. I didn't want to draw crowds when I went out in public. ;) They have enough "nuts" running around Sin City already without me adding to the mix. :confused: Like Sampson and his hair, all of my divine wisdom and powers emanates from my garments. Without my clothes, I'm like Shultz from Hogan's Heros. :eek:

This is why I choose this handle. I figured I could have some fun with it. :D

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's a D-1 team, a D-2 team would be considered an exhibition game just like Kutztown.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Whenever I visited my granddaughter in Las Vegas (which was every 3-5 weeks), I would go there disguised as a normal citizen. I left all of my "Carnac" paraphernalia (turban, cape, etc) at home. I didn't want to draw crowds when I went out in public. ;) They have enough "nuts" in Sin City already with me adding to the mix. :confused:
I resemble that remark!!:rolleyes:

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Whenever I visited my granddaughter in Las Vegas (which was every 3-5 weeks), I would go there disguised as a normal citizen. I left all of my "Carnac" paraphernalia (turban, cape, etc) at home. I didn't want to draw crowds when I went out in public. ;) They have enough "nuts" in Sin City already with me adding to the mix. :confused:
In vegas you would have gone unnoticed in the turban and cape :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom