Super Bowl- Andy Reid's son | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Super Bowl- Andy Reid's son

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Horrible story, prayers to the little girl and her family.

My impression of Reid (and I was in Philly during his first HC gig) was always that he was a standup guy. I am guessing he's done everything in his power to help his sons. Maybe I'm wrong but his players love him. Maybe he treated his sons differently. I don't know. It doesn't seem like he deserves this as a dad.

What's interesting about the article is the quote about Reid stating he had 2-3 drinks and the officers stating he had bloodshot eyes. I have checked my eyes after 2-3 drinks and I probably weigh 50-100 pounds less than him - they're never bloodshot. I think he had a good bit more to drink than he stated.

Reaction Score
We’ve been installing and monitoring breathalyzers in Florida for over 5 years and whenever a driver offers an amount they allegedly consumed to the police it’s almost always a fraction of what they had actually consumed. By admitting to a small amount the belief is the police will believe them and not request any testing when the opposite is true . By admitting to drinking the police are required to request you submit to a breathalyzer or blood test especially when there’s property damage and 100% when there’s injuries. We have people coming in with 4/5 DUI’s and have absolutely no remorse or regrets about their actions. The penalties need to be increased dramatically.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Horrible story, prayers to the little girl and her family.

My impression of Reid (and I was in Philly during his first HC gig) was always that he was a standup guy. I am guessing he's done everything in his power to help his sons. Maybe I'm wrong but his players love him. Maybe he treated his sons differently. I don't know. It doesn't seem like he deserves this as a dad.

What's interesting about the article is the quote about Reid stating he had 2-3 drinks and the officers stating he had bloodshot eyes. I have checked my eyes after 2-3 drinks and I probably weigh 50-100 pounds less than him - they're never bloodshot. I think he had a good bit more to drink than he stated.
To a meth head, coke addict drug dealer maybe Jr. sees 2 to 3 drinks as nothing to write home about.

Oops.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
We’ve been installing and monitoring breathalyzers in Florida for over 5 years and whenever a driver offers an amount they allegedly consumed to the police it’s almost always a fraction of what they had actually consumed. By admitting to a small amount the belief is the police will believe them and not request any testing when the opposite is true . By admitting to drinking the police are required to request you submit to a breathalyzer or blood test especially when there’s property damage and 100% when there’s injuries. We have people coming in with 4/5 DUI’s and have absolutely no remorse or regrets about their actions. The penalties need to be increased dramatically.
People are only half of the problem. The other half are industries which profit greatly from heavy drinking. What if bars (or restaurants) had 2 drink limits if you didn’t walk, take public transport or arrive in an Uber/Lyft? We want to penalize people but we enable their behavior. We tell them that it’s illegal to get in a car and drive drunk. We also allow establishments to sell the same people quantities of alcohol that get them drunk. I’m not saying the driver is not to blame but we don’t exactly put them in a position to succeed.

Reaction Score
People are only half of the problem. The other half are industries which profit greatly from heavy drinking. What if bars (or restaurants) had 2 drink limits if you didn’t walk, take public transport or arrive in an Uber/Lyft? We want to penalize people but we enable their behavior. We tell them that it’s illegal to get in a car and drive drunk. We also allow establishments to sell the same people quantities of alcohol that get them drunk. I’m not saying the driver is not to blame but we don’t exactly put them in a position to succeed.
That sounds like a great way to absolutely ruin society.

Reaction Score
I think people are way more than half the problem. Your proposal would put restaurants in the position of policing how each person arrived, how they plan to leave, are they the driver, how many drinks has each person in a group had etc.... They already have the burden of not serving someone that is clearly drunk and I'm not sure we should demand much more from them. I would not shift the accountability away from the individual to this extent. They have plenty of opportunity to succeed by making responsible decisions.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
You have to wonder about Andy Reid with 2 drug and alcohol abusing sons. I’m sure he’s tried everything to get him straightened out but putting him as coach with that background? since it’s multiple times Andy has to take some blame here.
Might have something to do with a serious coaching career, he was never around to help them grow up. Choices...

Reaction Score
i was living in philly during the andy reed/ mcnabb era. his two sons have been in and out of rehab and had dui’s throughout. this isn’t new. unfortunately one son died of an overdose. i’m not even sure they are qualified to be part of pro football management. way bigger problem here.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Sorry I don’t think alcohol makes the world go round. And that’s coming from a guy who enjoys his beer.
personal responsibility and holding people accountable could go a long way to making the world go round. i'm not feeling the server-policed two-drink limit thing.

Reaction Score
Sorry I don’t think alcohol makes the world go round. And that’s coming from a guy who enjoys his beer.
Gov't is already too big a part of our lives. Do you know what that would do to businesses if they were forced to police a 2 drink minimum at every single restaurant, bar, event etc. in the country?

It has nothing to do with thinking alcohol makes the world go round.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Gov't is already too big a part of our lives. Do you know what that would do to businesses if they were forced to police a 2 drink minimum at every single restaurant, bar, event etc. in the country?

It has nothing to do with thinking alcohol makes the world go round.
Well a two drink minimum would probably increase profits quite a bit, I’m sure they’d find a way to enforce it.

Reaction Score
why don’t people take responsibility for their own action? in your world the actor responsible is a footnote in the last sentence as also responsible. Put The blame where it belongs. On the person drinking.

Reaction Score
Why stop there? Should we get rid of everything in the world that could theoretically cause harm to people when used incorrectly? No more sharp objects, hot surfaces, and cars?

Nope. The responsibility ultimately lies with the person.

And there are in fact laws where establishments can be fined/shut down if they knowingly overserve someone who drove or is clearly intoxicated.

Just stop.

Reaction Score
Well a two drink minimum would probably increase profits quite a bit, I’m sure they’d find a way to enforce it.
We should probably go back to prohibition, get rid of pharmaceuticals, weed, and teenage drivers while we're at it.

Two drink maximum.

Reaction Score
Kind of reminds me of the T shirt that Lurch was wearing in Happy Gilmore. Think it said something like:

Guns don't kill people.
I do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

We tried prohibition. Organized crime effectively took over most American cities. But hey, let's do it again because maybe this time it will be different. Call it Prohibition-Lite.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Drunk driving would be pretty easy to reduce. Just have breathalyzers available as you leave the bar. It would protect the bar and protect the patrons. Some other countries have them in bar districts. America does not because we have a society built on encouraging and then criminalizing behavior that is fairly easily avoidable.

Many towns have no overnight parking in their downtown public lots. Why on earth would a town do that? They are literally telling intoxicated drivers that they MUST drive their cars.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
We tried prohibition. Organized crime effectively took over most American cities. But hey, let's do it again because maybe this time it will be different. Call it Prohibition-Lite.
Silly hyperbole and sensationalization, but par for the course from you.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Some day we’ll have self driving cars.
They're okay but not ready for prime time in many scenarios. Great for highway driving and parking. Not yet great for city driving. They also prompt you to maintain both hands on the wheel and still pay attention. But in my initial drive with a friend in his Tesla, drunk driving assistance was the first thing I thought of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom