Super Bowl- Andy Reid's son | The Boneyard

Super Bowl- Andy Reid's son

Reaction Score
Andy Reid's son, the Chiefs linebacker coach crashed his car into a car with little little children in it. A five year old has life threatening injuries. My mind goes right to his past, hope it's not the case and hope the kids can recover.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Another question is, why was he in KC on Thursday and not Tampa?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It amazes me that in this day and age with Uber and Lift literally at your fingertips, this stuff still happens.
I've had to leave my car places before and grab an Uber. The key is getting so bent that driving is not an option - most people will drive home slightly buzzed.

Reaction Score
Media often talk about distractions for stuff that doesn't actually matter. This is not that. This is a true distraction.

I very much hope that child survives. It sounds like their family was helping a disabled vehicle and got hit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It amazes me that in this day and age with Uber and Lift literally at your fingertips, this stuff still happens.
Agreed, it could be he just had a beer or 2 but I doubt it. If he's drinking a couple of nights before the biggest game of his life and getting into a crash common sense tells me he still has a very serious problem.

Reaction Score
I knew Touchdown Tommy was gonna get leverage somehow. It’s over..at least for Reid. Wow!

Reaction Score
Andy Reid's son, the Chiefs linebacker coach crashed his car into a car with little little children in it. A five year old has life threatening injuries. My mind goes right to his past, hope it's not the case and hope the kids can recover.
Wrong son.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Wrong son.
No it's not. Both of Reid's sons have shady pasts.

"In 2007, Britt was sentenced to 8 to 23 months in jail alongside his brother Garrett for running a "drug emporium" from their home. [5]

Reid was involved in a road rage incident in 2007 where he pointed a gun at another man's face. A lawsuit was eventually settled out of court for an undisclosed sum in 2014."

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Cheap people are cheap. That will never change.
People are cheap, but people who drive drunk don’t do it because they are cheap. They do it because they are arrogant. I’ve known a couple people who ALWAYS used to drink and drive (not talking 2 or 3 beers either, more like 6+) because they thought they could. For many years it was no problem. Until “that one time” and it ends badly. Getting behind the wheel blasted is possibly the most selfish thing someone can do in today’s society.

Reaction Score
The NFLPA covers Uber costs for all players to prevent any DUI's. I wonder if individual teams have their own policies to cover coaches. This dude a total moron but knowing how KC covers for child beaters, it shouldn't surprise anyone if they sweep it under the rug. Scumbag organization from top to bottom.

Reaction Score
The NFLPA covers Uber costs for all players to prevent any DUI's. I wonder if individual teams have their own policies to cover coaches. This dude a total moron but knowing how KC covers for child beaters, it shouldn't surprise anyone if they sweep it under the rug. Scumbag organization from top to bottom.
Dude, it's the NFL every team is a scumbag organization.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Addiction is real and doesn't care about family status, IQ, or income.

That being said, given this guy's history, no way should any team's ownership allowed this person to have direct team responsibilities and not have him on a short leash on conduct. And no way, under any circumstances should he be in public drinking and in no way should he be drinking anywhere while also taking Adderall.

It's clear he's a functioning addict but no way am I buying this was a one off incident. Way more likely he's been doing this for years and it finally caught up to him.

He doesn't need daddy or anyone else running interference for him. He's an adult and people need to treat him like they treat any adult addict with a history or relapses.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder about Andy Reid with 2 drug and alcohol abusing sons. I’m sure he’s tried everything to get him straightened out but putting him as coach with that background? since it’s multiple times Andy has to take some blame here.

Reaction Score
Just a very selfish decision to your team to do this on the Thursday of Super Bowl week. Of course that doesn't even pale in comparison to put lives at risk on the road. Anyone with a drug history shouldn't be drinking.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just a very selfish decision to your team to do this on the Thursday of Super Bowl week. Of course that doesn't even pale in comparison to put peoples lives on the road. Anyone with a drug history shouldn't be drinking.

Selfishness is a key characteristic of addiction.

Addicts tend to do things to feed their addiction over the consideration of how their addiction affects others.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No it's not. Both of Reid's sons have shady pasts.

"In 2007, Britt was sentenced to 8 to 23 months in jail alongside his brother Garrett for running a "drug emporium" from their home. [5]

Reid was involved in a road rage incident in 2007 where he pointed a gun at another man's face. A lawsuit was eventually settled out of court for an undisclosed sum in 2014."
Wow.

Reaction Score
This a distraction no doubt and a loss of a position coach is a big deal, however the Chiefs can handle distractions. Not quite Eugene Robinson or Barett Robbbins game day distractions. Still leaning toward picking TB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom