Summitt new HC at LaTech | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Summitt new HC at LaTech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope he learned an awful lot during his stay at Marquette. Running a program is a lot more than coaching on the sidelines and recruiting. And it is a lot more than running drills in practice. He saw the finished product at TN but wasn't around when Pat was building that program. Be very interesting to see who he can get as assistants.

The kid has been groomed for this since birth. No arguement here but I think many would love to follow the name.
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...yler-coach-following-in-moms-footsteps-051213
This from his boss...
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...ler-summitt-follows-pat-summitt-coaching-path

Reaction Score
Well if rick pitino's loser son can go 17-11 in 1 year for FIU and land a big 10 job in minnesota...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
In a tweet Kara Lawson said he will be a star trust me.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If he has significant success at LaTech the folks at checkerboard square will be screaming
to dump Holly and bring Tyler "home" to Knoxville.
That's true, but do you see anyone resurrecting Louisiana Tech? LSU is the WBB team in Louisiana now.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If he is successful there. I wonder how long before the top programs start calling him.

He may have to settle for Tennessee where I understand he was a practice player for his mother. He does have a cherubic grin, I'll give him that.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
for those of you who are against this hire, who would you want to hire instead? Louisiana Tech is a fallen program in a bad conference. it's really not a great job.

i don't know Summitt nor do I know whether he will succeed. But he's been around coaching his whole life. he's not your average 23/24 year old because of who his mother is and what he's learned from being around a championship program.

i'll be rooting for him to succeed... and praying he'll have an actual offense, unlike recent Lady Vols teams...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Mickie DeMoss named associate head coach.

Reaction Score
21, but a different time in women's basketball.
Thanks. The difference in era is understood, but since a major issue here has been made of "mentoring", I would suggest not that much has changed in the basic wiring of 21 and 23 year old human beings, which was my reason for asking.

Reaction Score
Good for Tyler. I wish him well. This is huge for the young man.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't imagine this succeeding. Mom's template isn't going to work at LaTech.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I thought he did a great job. I can see a lot of the focus his mom had. I have read some of the La Tech fans were impressed. One thing this hire did. That is put La Tech back in the national headlines.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
I can't imagine this succeeding. Mom's template isn't going to work at LaTech.

Again, who would you recommend instead? This isn't a great job that was given to a wide-eyed 23 year old. The prospects of getting a respected coach were probably low and the department decided to take a chance on him.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Mom's template isn't working at Tennessee.
It's still getting TN into the tourney. Winning SEC Championships. Granted that's not anything great, but for LATech, that would be huge. They've only been in the tourney 2 out of the last 8 years. Haven't won a conference regular season or championship since 2011. And that's the WAC and C-USA.

LOL looking at the LA Tech website, he looks like the players younger brother. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom