Stewie wins AP POY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stewie wins AP POY

Reaction Score
Unusual to diss the league's high scorer, but Loyd has devolved into a pure gunner. She has her games shooting 12 of 19, but they are unusual. Much more typical would be 8 of 25. She shot 37 percent from the floor for the season. I suspect there are a number of other players who'd average 24 if they took as many shots as she does (and Seattle just signed her on for more of the same for years to come).

Back to the point here, I tend to agree with those who'd pick Thomas for MVP. As great as Stewie is, she's got plenty of firepower around her. Congrats for the AP award anyway, Breanna.
Agree! In the games of Seattle i've seen, basically the team gives her the ball and looks at her throwing very difficult shots...she is without a doubt a great player but her shot selection got a lot of room for improvement.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I do follow my Huskies in the WNBA, but often can't tell you the team they play for. I find college ball infinitely more entertaining than the W and ,in part, its influenced by subjects associated with the W which are verboten here.

Reaction Score
Little doubt that Thomas should win MVP, especially considering how important she was after Jones was hurt. But the AP award is for player of the year, which,to me, is very different from MVP. There should be little doubt in anyone's mind who the best player was this year, and has been for awhile. And probably will continue to be for awhile more. jmo.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Little doubt that Thomas should win MVP, especially considering how important she was after Jones was hurt. But the AP award is for player of the year, which,to me, is very different from MVP. There should be little doubt in anyone's mind who the best player was this year, and has been for awhile. And probably will continue to be for awhile more. jmo.
Not being argumentative but if Thomas had Stewies stats and vice versa would you pick Thomas as the POY...just asking.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There should be little doubt in anyone's mind who the best player was this year
Wilson was better this year than last year, when she won the MVP. And for all the talk about Jones getting hurt for Connecticut, not seeing much mentioned about the Aces being without Parker for more than half of the season, and them having ZERO depth after that injury.

Reaction Score
Not being argumentative but if Thomas had Stewies stats and vice versa would you pick Thomas as the POY...just asking.
Since you're asking - no. Stats often have to do with the other players on your team. Thomas isn't playing with the talent that Breanna is playing with, so part of her numbers thing have to do with the fact that she had to do so much herself. And she did , and should easily win MVP. But she's not the best player in the league this year which,to me,is what the AP award is for.

Reaction Score
Wilson was better this year than last year, when she won the MVP. And for all the talk about Jones getting hurt for Connecticut, not seeing much mentioned about the Aces being without Parker for more than half of the season, and them having ZERO depth after that injury.
Maybe ,because of that, she'll be MVP, though I still would give it to Thomas, because her supporting cast was not as good as Wilson's. The AP has made it clear that their award is for the best player, and that's a totally different award than MVP. Stevie should not be MVP.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe ,because of that, she'll be MVP, though I still would give it to Thomas, because her supporting cast was not as good as Wilson's. The AP has made it clear that their award is for the best player, and that's a totally different award than MVP. Stevie should not be MVP.
Okay, making a clear distinction between most valuable and best player is messing with my mind a bit, but I get your point.

Just for funsies, let's talk about this then. Just how valuable was Brittney Sykes this year, keeping Washington above water during a season when EDD, Atkins, Austin, and Toliver all missed significant time?

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Since you're asking - no. Stats often have to do with the other players on your team. Thomas isn't playing with the talent that Breanna is playing with, so part of her numbers thing have to do with the fact that she had to do so much herself. And she did , and should easily win MVP. But she's not the best player in the league this year which,to me,is what the AP award is for.
Thks for the explanation, last question, whts ur qualifications to be considered for the AP award?

Reaction Score
Sabally for MIP, or Boston are simple choices, but who would you piack as 6th player ?

Reaction Score
Okay, making a clear distinction between most valuable and best player is messing with my mind a bit, but I get your point.

Just for funsies, let's talk about this then. Just how valuable was Brittney Sykes this year, keeping Washington above water during a season when EDD, Atkins, Austin, and Toliver all missed significant time?
Sykes is one of my favorite players; I love her game. She was certainly valuable, not in as many ways as Thomas.

Reaction Score
Thks for the explanation, last question, whts ur qualifications to be considered for the AP award?
I think player of the year should have the best all around game; scorer,rebounder, passer , defender, sorta like Breanna Stewart. Years from now the award may be named The Stewie!

Reaction Score
Sabally for MIP, or Boston are simple choices, but who would you piack as 6th player ?
Can a rookie be the most improved player? I mean, I get your point but I think it is judged by comparison to the previous WNBA season. Room for argument I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom