OT: - Steve Lavin to San Diego | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Steve Lavin to San Diego

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Lavin hate is kinda funny. I like the guy and enjoyed his takes on the FOX shows. He always gave UConn their due sometimes seemingly a fan of the program through the years until late this year. I mean for him to be negative in a way this year means he was smarter than most of us because they just proved they weren't that good with a quick exit.

Hope he does well with San Diego will be fun to watch.
A good friend of mine is friends with him and I have hung out with him a few times over the years. He is a really good guy; pretty well aware of his strengths and weaknesses, and fair when discussing others in that regard.

Reaction Score
Thats why you aren't an AD;)
You can hate his delivery style and his inability to remember names but Lavin knows basketball and the general consensus among basketball people will bear that out

totally disagree. And to LEAP beyond your view of the world: my thought is Lavin has zero ability to relate to modern ballplayers to get them to play to a winning structure. I always think strategy wise - he is Captain Obvious. And when I see someone like Tony Stubblefield give instructions in a DePaul huddle, I sincerely have thought: "there's no way Lavin can get through to kid, like this"

He is gonna be a outlier in that league. Getting his butt kicked by Few and Bennett.

Reaction Score
A good friend of mine is friends with him and I have hung out with him a few times over the years. He is a really good guy; pretty well aware of his strengths and weaknesses, and fair when discussing others in that regard.
That's good to hear, he comes across as immensely likable.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The Lavin hate is kinda funny. I like the guy and enjoyed his takes on the FOX shows. He always gave UConn their due sometimes seemingly a fan of the program through the years until late this year. I mean for him to be negative in a way this year means he was smarter than most of us because they just proved they weren't that good with a quick exit.

Hope he does well with San Diego will be fun to watch.
u also told us that typo would bring a midrange/ foul line j to the team, back when he came. want to see the quote?
and hows that fixation on waterproof golf shoes working out this season?
stevie is a putz, who u never invite to a dinner party cuz u don't want the other guests' ears to bleed all over the lace tablecloth. shouldn't u be over at the bombers thread to tell us, once again, how they won't be in the postseason?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey! unbeknownst to me, until just now, there is a whole culture around this fish slapping stuff. there's even a dance!

and here all this time, i thought that me and my pals invented this when some stevie type was on board when we were out snagging yellow fins, tho stripers work well, too.

Reaction Score
I mean, he did take UCLA to back-to-back-to-back Sweet 16s, as well as one other S16 and an elite 8. If that was the first 6 years of Hurley's career here we'd be jumping for joy, or even if it was years 2-7. But ya, UCLA is a tough place to stay at for a long time, they want FF and championships and his 7th year was indeed a stinker.

Should be interesting to see how he does there and perhaps he makes the conference a consistent 3-4 bid league that usually just sees the Zags and St. Marys make it most years, sometimes BYU, and, this year San Fran. BYU during a strong year and Santa Clara and/or San Fran keeping it up and if Lavin pumps life into SD could even make it a 5 bid league in rare occasions (WCC did have 3 this year with an outside shot at 4).
He inherited a lights out team when Harrick was abruptly let go. Continued to land future pros while the program visibly and steadily decayed. He was definitely fired for a legit reason. But sure, looking back at the NCAA tournament record it all appears solid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom