OT: - Steve Lavin to San Diego | The Boneyard

OT: Steve Lavin to San Diego

Reaction Score
Lavin is fun and kinda cool as a broadcaster. And kudos to him for sticking with it.... but he's kinda garbage as a coach.

Reaction Score
Lav reveres Calhoun and the program-building job he did here, and he brings it up often. I never tire of hearing that.
He's far from the worst but I just can't get over the fact that it took him until January or February of this year to realize that RJ Cole's name was not AJ

Reaction Score
You mean I won't have to watch him any more in the Fox Sports studio?

George Costanza Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Im a little surprised by this. I thought Lavin was comfortable broadcasting, no stress, good money, he was able to still live out in LA because of his job with FOX. I guess he wanted to give it another go around with coaching while he’s still relatively young. I hope it works out for him. I will miss him on FOX, I always thought he was a good studio analyst going back to his days with ESPN.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i give it two weeks into the season before some calm, self respecting good citizen native and season ticket holder of San Diego, pulls a fish out of his coat, whacks steve in the choppers, and yells 'would you please shut up!'
mebbe ten days?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
When I watch Lavin talk and listen to his words, it becomes clear that he doesn’t know a lot about the game of basketball. Not sure why any university would want him coaching their basketball team.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Im a little surprised by this. I thought Lavin was comfortable broadcasting, no stress, good money, he was able to still live out in LA because of his job with FOX. I guess he wanted to give it another go around with coaching while he’s still relatively young. I hope it works out for him. I will miss him on FOX, I always thought he was a good studio analyst going back to his days with ESPN.
Every time Lavin did a UConn pregame show he constantly called the UConn players by the wrong name. Apparently J Cole plays for UConn. The guy is a borderline moron.

Reaction Score
Lavin is fun and kinda cool as a broadcaster. And kudos to him for sticking with it.... but he's kinda garbage as a coach.
I mean, he did take UCLA to back-to-back-to-back Sweet 16s, as well as one other S16 and an elite 8. If that was the first 6 years of Hurley's career here we'd be jumping for joy, or even if it was years 2-7. But ya, UCLA is a tough place to stay at for a long time, they want FF and championships and his 7th year was indeed a stinker.

Should be interesting to see how he does there and perhaps he makes the conference a consistent 3-4 bid league that usually just sees the Zags and St. Marys make it most years, sometimes BYU, and, this year San Fran. BYU during a strong year and Santa Clara and/or San Fran keeping it up and if Lavin pumps life into SD could even make it a 5 bid league in rare occasions (WCC did have 3 this year with an outside shot at 4).

Reaction Score
The Lavin hate is kinda funny. I like the guy and enjoyed his takes on the FOX shows. He always gave UConn their due sometimes seemingly a fan of the program through the years until late this year. I mean for him to be negative in a way this year means he was smarter than most of us because they just proved they weren't that good with a quick exit.

Hope he does well with San Diego will be fun to watch.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I like how he was lol-ing inside after Majerus said that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When I watch Lavin talk and listen to his words, it becomes clear that he doesn’t know a lot about the game of basketball. Not sure why any university would want him coaching their basketball team.
Thats why you aren't an AD;)
You can hate his delivery style and his inability to remember names but Lavin knows basketball and the general consensus among basketball people will bear that out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom