Stephon Castle & Tristen Newton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stephon Castle & Tristen Newton

Reaction Score
Newton will be 22 in April, he isn’t coming back next year. He’s in the right place to showcase his talent and earn himself a professional opportunity. Next year it’s Castle’s job.

Just enjoy this season while we have him.

Reaction Score
May be true but id be pretty happy with Castle having to outplay Newton for a starting spot. If Newton were to come back combined with Karaban and Clingan another year better and a big time recruiting class? Sign me up for that now.
We are going to need more guards anyway. Joey C is gone after this year, as is Alleyne.

Reaction Score
Right on.. I think Castle will earn it in practice… pretty early too. Not a knock on Newton, I just think Castle is that good
I admit its not out of the realm of possibility but if the first 7 games are what Newton is but Castle plays at a higher level than that then we`ve got a special, special talent on our hands because Newt has been awesome.

Reaction Score
He’s almost the opposite of Adams. Jalen had insane ability to contort himself and avoid contact, while making acrobatic shots at the rim. Better shooter than Newton. Newton is like a big version of Rob Grey (Houston), shields the ball unbelievably well with his body, so doesn’t give up steals, and draws tons of contact and fouls. He never has the ball in front of him when penetrating and lacks that body control so just absorbs the hits.
As far his athleticism, ball handling and his shooting, I’d call Newton a slightly stretched version of Ben Gordon.

Reaction Score
Adams was actually a very quick guard with great vertical. He had some nasty alley oop dunks people forget. He was also smaller than Newton and Castle. JA is just such a bad comparison. It is almost as bad as saying that Hawkins is a mix of Rudy Gay and Jeremy Lamb when he has more Ray Allen in him.
Agree completely. Its just a bad comparison. JA is a kid that came to Uconn at our lowest point since the beginning of the Calhoun era. I wonder what that kid couldve done with some pieces around him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Newton Adams and Castle are all unique and I don’t feel the need for comparison. Newton will be in
The NBA next year

Reaction Score
Castle is nothing like Jalen, he's also going to have a much better basketball career than Adams.
Castle is a 6’7 PG unlike any player UConn has ever had at the position.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hope Newton can stay one year so Castor can come in and learn from him.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Castle is nothing like Jalen, he's also going to have a much better basketball career than Adams.
Mostly because he’ll be in a much better situation then Jalen. Jalen was a beast. Just on terrible terrible teams.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Because he's a better player.
Castle might be great, but it seems like you’re selling Adams short. You can’t definitively say any player will have a better UConn career based on high school film.

Plus if he’s as good as you think, he won’t be here long enough to out produce Adams anyways.

Reaction Score
Castle might be great, but it seems like you’re selling Adams short. You can’t definitively say any player will have a better UConn career based on high school film.

Plus if he’s as good as you think, he won’t be here long enough to out produce Adams anyways.
I said he's going to have a much better basketball career than Jalen Adams. You're right, Castle isn't going to be at UConn for four seasons leading them to 15 win seasons. He's going to leave early and be an NBA player.

Reaction Score
Alleyne can return for another season. They all get the extra COVID year. He has to be more likely to use it than Castle.
Duh. Alleyne is more likely to use the extra year than Newton, not Castle. Maybe they are the same player after all.

Reaction Score
Newton Adams and Castle are all unique and I don’t feel the need for comparison. Newton will be in
The NBA next year
Not if he stays another year at UConn. A final four or NC would add considerably to his resume.

Reaction Score
I trust Hurley to fill in for the guys that are leaving next with guys who are just as good. He has that knack, gift, whatever in recruiting.

Reaction Score
Not if he stays another year at UConn. A final four or NC would add considerably to his resume.
Risk/reward neither of those are more likely than an injury.

Just enjoy this season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom