Stephon Castle & Tristen Newton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stephon Castle & Tristen Newton

Reaction Score
Not if he stays another year at UConn. A final four or NC would add considerably to his resume.

Being a year younger would more. Youth > more college accolades in NBA circles.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I said he's going to have a much better basketball career than Jalen Adams. You're right, Castle isn't going to be at UConn for four seasons leading them to 15 win seasons. He's going to leave early and be an NBA player.
It’s really impossible to determine that based on some high school highlights and accolades. He could shoot 20% from 3 and be stuck here for 4 years. Adams plays on one of the best teams outside of the NBA, and has been borderline nba caliber since he left college. Still think you’re underselling him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Newton is no Jalen Adams. Not even close. And I have a strong feeling that Stephon is a going to be something else.

Reaction Score
I actually live 35 minutes from where Stephon goes to HS, so I'll probably see him 3-4 times this season. He is really good lol, he stands out in GA where the talent level is ridiculous

Reaction Score
Newton could play a ball handling 2. They would be a bigger version of Moore and el Amin

Reaction Score
41 official points was 42 because he hit an obvious 3 they credited for 2. Announcers were pretty good with a long viewing history of talent and agreed that Castle was in the conversation for the best player they have ever seen in person. Hit numerous pure nothing but net 3's making his own moves with the ball to get the shot. Used his bully ball moves forcing himself into the paint. Hit foul shots then missed 3 of 4 in the clutch. A couple of Newton type turnovers when 2 defenders would blitz him and he kept the ball. Plays at a slow pace until he uses a burst. At UConn he will need to give much more effort on defense. For a while I thought he was trying not to break a sweat so he didn't have to take a shower. The kid is an offensive force. Thanks for this heads up and link @Tomahawk Shooting % was good from everywhere but very good from deep. Keep in mind 42 points is in a 32 minute game where he was subbed for a minute and fouled out for the last 2, ie 29 min for him..

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom