2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle Commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“I didn’t really know before the visit, it came on me while I was there,” Castle said. “I was enjoying the visit so much and I loved the way Coach (Dan) Hurleycoached. I told them on the visit that I was coming. They were all ecstatic. I don’t think they expected it so early from me, but they were all super happy. I didn’t rush it at all. I just knew UConn would be home for me and I knew I wanted to play there.”

Crazy that he committed on the visit and nothing was leaked. What. A. Get.

Reaction Score
“I didn’t really know before the visit, it came on me while I was there,” Castle said. “I was enjoying the visit so much and I loved the way Coach (Dan) Hurleycoached. I told them on the visit that I was coming. They were all ecstatic. I don’t think they expected it so early from me, but they were all super happy. I didn’t rush it at all. I just knew UConn would be home for me and I knew I wanted to play there.”

Crazy that he committed on the visit and nothing was leaked. What. A. Get.

Like I said, the family was VERY clear on how they wanted this to go. There’s a lot of mutual respect there already, no need to mess with it. Welcome, Stephon!

Reaction Score
This will be one of our best classes ever, and in the running for best class ever when it's all said and done.
That's encourging.

Out of curiosity, who else do we think might be on the way. There was the talk of Bowen, but things seem quieter than usual. I suspect, given then success, that's a good thing.

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley is the King.

castling2anim.gif

Reaction Score
We seem to be recruiting

Edwards
Griffiths
Bowen
Miranda
Bradshaw

Probably some others there just haven't been many reports of.

I'm assuming with this Fears is out? We gotta be targeting wings/bigs with Castle playing the 1

Reaction Score
i am admittedly not as knowledgable as most. He says Hurley told him that he would push him to the standard he needed to be. That being a one and done. So we get a 19 yr old for one year. I am not overly excited about this. I must be missing something.

Reaction Score
We seem to be recruiting

Edwards
Griffiths
Bowen
Miranda
Bradshaw

Probably some others there just haven't been many reports of.
Thanks. There hasn't been the normal 2023 recruiting thread, or at least I couldn't find it.

11 Justin Edwards SF
21 Taylor Bowen SF
24 Aaron Bradshaw C
42 Isaiah Miranda C
61 Gavin Griffiths SF

Given Bowen's size, we can get him and one of Edwards/Griffiths, and then one of Bradshaw/Miranda. Is that the class we're thinking?

Reaction Score
Thanks. There hasn't been the normal 2023 recruiting thread, or at least I couldn't find it.

11 Justin Edwards SF
21 Taylor Bowen SF
24 Aaron Bradshaw C
42 Isaiah Miranda C
61 Gavin Griffiths SF

Given Bowen's size, we can get him and one of Edwards/Griffiths, and then one of Bradshaw/Miranda. Is that the class we're thinking?
I actually don’t think Griffiths and Bowen overlap. I think both are feasible. Griffiths is a 2/3 and Bowen is a 3/4. If anything it’ll be one of Bowen/Edwards and one of Bradshaw/Miranda. With Griffiths as a stand-alone target. Top 50 kid from CT… need to lock him up

Reaction Score
I actually don’t think Griffiths and Bowen overlap. I think both are feasible. Griffiths is a 2/3 and Bowen is a 3/4. If anything it’ll be one of Bowen/Edwards and one of Bradshaw/Miranda. With Griffiths as a stand-alone target. Top 50 kid from CT… need to lock him up
I was just looking at height, and Bowen is a few inches taller than each. But that doesn't dictate a position or anything. Thanks for the insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom