Stanford game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Stanford game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Players stepping up with Stewie on the bench and KML a non factor. Good to see!

exactly.
Hey - shots sometimes don't fall...shooters will continue to shoot, and eventually the lid will come off the basket.

Like: that last three of Kaleena's

People are so QUICK to criticize...I am amazed, really

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
KML KML KML KML KML. I guess Stef got our message - let Miss Money 3 point shot take those long range bombs!

Reaction Score
I had a feeling thT might go to KML to try and back on track. A dagger for Stanford!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Things are gonna get UGLY for Stanford in the second half. This 13 point lead is without Stewart and she will be raring to go.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
exactly.
Hey - shots sometimes don't fall...shooters will continue to shoot, and eventually the lid will come off the basket.

Like: that last three of Kaleena's

People are so QUICK to criticize...I am amazed, really
I think what people were criticizing were Mo taking and missing 4 shots, Stef taking and missing three 3-pointers, and the seeming randomness of the offense in the first 8 minutes of the game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Up 13 at the half with only two minutes of play time by Breanna Stewart? I like our chances in the second half.

That 2nd foul was really unfortunate - just her being scrappy and fighting for the ball. Could have easily been a foul called on the Trees when Bree had first corralled the rebound!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that third foul was changed to Bria. Kiah got a clean block and then Bria fouled on the putback. Could become important later.
Hartley only has 1 foul. Stewie, Kiah, and Tuck all have 2 each while Bria, Saniya, Stef and Mo each have 1.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that third foul was changed to Bria. Kiah got a clean block and then Bria fouled on the putback. Could become important later.

Yes

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm just really glad it's a close game and competitive game. It also doesn't look like Stanford is clobbering any UConn players this year.

Been very surprised by Stokes. That's great if she can continue to develop like this but not great for the rest of WCBB.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Things are gonna get UGLY for Stanford in the second half. This 13 point lead is without Stewart and she will be raring to go.
Hey what - are you a closet UCONN fan or something? Get outta town! ;)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I think what people were criticizing were Mo taking and missing 4 shots, Stef taking and missing three 3-pointers, and the seeming randomness of the offense in the first 8 minutes of the game.

But those who were criticizing weren't thinking - they were leaving Mo open - she had to shoot - and had those shots gone in, she would be a hero. Stefanie has the three and they will fall. KML was not open, the Cardinal had her bottled up.
Stanford plays odds sometimes. they bet who will shot and miss and let them have the ball. they got burned by Chong. I am willing to be that MoJet will burn them a time or two before all is said and done.

Stanford is a different animal than Hartford, and with adjustments by Geno, the second half will be much better. Seriously, I am surprised how quickly praise turns to negativity on this board, really I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom