Stanford game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Stanford game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hartley doing an excellent job of pushing tempo. She's the star of the game so far for UConn.

Reaction Score
Players stepping up with Stewie on the bench and KML a non factor. Good to see!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
This is a really early season game against a tough opponent. I bet the second half will open up a bit and UConn will separate based on some adjustments by Geno & Co. Feel better with Bria making shots.

Reaction Score
Looks like Hartley is providing the steadying force that Caroline was last season. We can use some senior steadying!

Reaction Score
This is a really early season game against a tough opponent. I bet the second half will open up a bit and UConn will separate based on some adjustments by Geno & Co. Feel better with Bria making shots.
A little serving of Stew should help too!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I know this is going to sound harsh, but I wasn't sure if the praise for Stewie was deserved based on one NCAA tournament. Her struggle tonight to stay out of foul trouble and taking bad shots reminds me of last year.

Likewise, Jefferson is praised over 17 points against hartford. She is a liability out on the floor right now. I think their best lineup is with chong over Jefferson at this point.

They are both still really good players but really have to prove themselves.

I disagree....Stewie has a target on her back...and the new foul rules are going to be tough for everyone. Basing your assumption on this one game, heck this one half is really, really, really, really being short-sighted.

And Jefferson is not a liability. sometimes shots do not fall.

Take it back

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Stanford has little offense. I'm still amazed that some of the top programs have such poor shooters.

But so few teams in WCBB have anywhere near their size, so that's what the are usually able to exploit. It's how they assemble their squads, although they try to get some good 3-ballers as well.

Reaction Score
Kiah is filling up the sheet. Blocks, points. I think an assist. How many RBs does she have?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Everyone had been dissing orrange, but she's really good.
Not me. I said her and Ogwumike were the class of the Cardinal. BTW who'd have predicted that Chong would be ahead of Banks on the depth chart?? That girl is going to be special. Earning all this PT in the first half of a close game vs. the # 3 team in the nation? good for her!!!

Reaction Score
So what's the deal with the even longer wait time between allowed posts on the board? Makes it hard for in game comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom