Stanford (1) @ Texas - 12/22/29

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Texas beat Baylor once under Aston
Good for her. I thought Coach Mulkey pitched a shut out against Karen.

Wouldn't it be something if 01-31-2020 was victory # 2?
I just might change my avatar to burnt orange.

Hook em!!

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
An interesting, yet confusing mix
Threw this is the mix. . . . When Coach G was at Duke they were my team as well.
I'm still loyal to Coach K and Duke!

Reaction Score
Well, as I said to some ardent Stanford fans. Yes, this is a talented and deep team. But let's pump the breaks until they get some wins on the road against good competition. What I found interesting was watching the sideline with 4.8 secs left and Tara having her assistant draw up the play. I don't think Geno would ever do that. I'm not quite sure what that is indicative of.
I’d say it’s not indicative of much. Kate Paye has been with Tara for a long time. Some coaches delegate certain situations. Amy Wright handles inbounds plays for Gary Blair.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Only the most creative Baylor fans could try to find a way to make this thread about them . . .

th

Reaction Score
Threw this is the mix. . . . When Coach G was at Duke they were my team as well.
I'm still loyal to Coach K and Duke!
Well at least you are loyal to someone

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well the Big 12 race just got more interesting.... at least the race for #2. The one good thing about the Big 12 is that everyone plays each other.

Reaction Score
Now one can really wonder how the heck Texas could lose to Hawaii....who got pummeled by Oregon State. Strange season so far.

Reaction Score
Now one can really wonder how the heck Texas could lose to Hawaii....who got pummeled by Oregon State. Strange season so far.

It’s tougher to win in Hawaii. My team figured found this out a few years ago.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Only the most creative Baylor fans could try to find a way to make this thread about them . . .
My favorite part is that they are so acutely aware of how pathetic their schedule is, that they're reduced to hoping that their Big 12 opponents can get good wins for them.

Reaction Score
My favorite part is that they are so acutely aware of how pathetic their schedule is, that they're reduced to hoping that their Big 12 opponents can get good wins for them.
Lol I know we don’t have the best schedule but we do have some wins against ranked teams so it’s better than nothing. It doesn’t matter anyways because Baylor is going to be a 1 or 2 seed anyways.

Reaction Score

th
Lol we beat you in most sports this year so we’ll let you have your victory today! Have fun being the second best team in the big 12

Reaction Score
Is vintage Joyner back after two rough seasons?

Collier is really impressive. She has room to improve offensively, and once she does, watch out. I don’t think she is as raw as others do, and she is a superb rebounder.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
It happens. The aftershocks of winning women's soccer and women's volleyball within a matter of weeks.

They'll bounce back. They're definitely one of the best teams.

Reaction Score
Well, as I said to some ardent Stanford fans. Yes, this is a talented and deep team. But let's pump the breaks until they get some wins on the road against good competition. What I found interesting was watching the sideline with 4.8 secs left and Tara having her assistant draw up the play. I don't think Geno would ever do that. I'm not quite sure what that is indicative of.
I saw that as well. Tara relies on Associate Head Coach Kate Paye for designing key plays from time to time. Paye is the coach-in-waiting. Has been for years. I was surprised Stanford couldn't inbound the ball to a Cardiinal with five seconds to play when down 3 even after a Texas defender had fallen down on that play. Stanford's execution is typically better than that.

Reaction Score
who have UConn played so far this season? They’ve only played 1 ranked opponent in DePaul so far. Baylor has at least played 3 ranked teams already

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom