Springtime for Hitler (2019 Season Thoughts) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Springtime for Hitler (2019 Season Thoughts)

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Nice write up Whaler. Sad how true most of it is. Can really only hope we start to put money behind the program at all levels, not just coaching staff but recruiting budget, staffers, etc, but that is doubtful.

Honestly feel like if we had a year or two of winning there is a good chance we’d see more money put into football. I hope a 3 or 4 win season this year and a bowl game next year might change that. But it is hard to pour money into a team that outside of 2015, hasn’t showed an ounce of life since the Fiesta Bowl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Recruiting budget/spending comparison to P5 > more than most would think (the issue is getting better bang for your buck per se):

If those numbers are legitimate that’s the most damning evidence yet.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Whaler using chlamydia in his post. Beavis and Butthead laugh. These rehashed negative threads feel like contracting chlamydia( I am told it ain't fun). Maybe the next negative thread should start with: I was sitting on the can...….

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Game day! What we all have been waiting for. No expectations, no disappointments. Will be watching game at Porky's Cafe in Shelton. Best wings around.

Reaction Score
Damn damn damn damn. The weekend started for us this morning. And I SWORE I was not gonna drag my long suffering spouse to the Wagner game. Yet here I am making phone calls and rearranging plans, buying tickets online, changing the whole carefully planned weekend around. Yup, gonna take the binoculars and check out the line play on both sides of the ball, and get wrapped up like I swore I would never do again until the Huskies became competitive. If I wasn't on this board all the time either lurking or posting, this probably would not have happened. Geez, this sux ... in a good way.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Damn damn damn damn. The weekend started for us this morning. And I SWORE I was not gonna drag my long suffering spouse to the Wagner game. Yet here I am making phone calls and rearranging plans, buying tickets online, changing the whole carefully planned weekend around. Yup, gonna take the binoculars and check out the line play on both sides of the ball, and get wrapped up like I swore I would never do again until the Huskies became competitive. If I wasn't on this board all the time either lurking or posting, this probably would not have happened. Geez, this sux ... in a good way.
Good choice

Reaction Score
Two 1-11 Teams

First. Look at the UConn Football Roster and go all the way through the Staff listings. Grad Assistant & Quality Control etc. To my view, it is the deepest - by headcount - that we have been.

Then. Go to Rutgers Football Roster. Same. Comparable. They must have nearly twice the ancillary (non 10 Assistant count) Staffing as us. This is P5 Football today. Every category line item - I’m certain - has exploded. These Universities don’t know what to do with the money. Blowing through. My earlier life when my industry exploded ... suddenly every lunch was free. The firm bought 5 vacation homes in beach cities. You get the picture. The largesse becomes obnoxious. Still. They’re 1-11.

The Gap will get wider. Our AD has to smart in all the next crucial steps strategically.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Game day! What we all have been waiting for. No expectations, no disappointments. Will be watching game at Porky's Cafe in Shelton. Best wings around.
My 30th high school reunion from Shelton high is at Porky's next weekend! Great wings and perfect place to watch the first UCONN win of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom