Springs Scores | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Springs Scores

Reaction Score
We do though, Akok is a stud. Hurley and staff have been working with Springs a long time. Sanogo is going to be the best big in the league.
We know what we have with Sanogo. Akok is clearly not fully recovered. Hopefully he is by next year but you just can’t count on that after such a tough injury. And while I hope Springs is a serviceable big, he has barely seen the court this year and I’m sure there is a reason why. There is just no way to be totally confident in his ability to produce next year. Again, I think this group will be able to produce but there are a bunch of questions outside of Sanogo.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Since nobody has said it, I will. Good to see Richie get in on the action and score.
Sadly, you are not the first. I am not sure who is the first but @RichZ gave a hat tip at 3:46PM on Saturday in his post called "Hoya II ThoughtZ". See bullet #14.

Reaction Score
There’s a lot of uncertainty with the depth because no one knows yet if any of the seniors are going to return. If none come back, they will go after an experienced versatile big and another scorer. Can’t imagine they’d go into the season with just Sanogo & Springs as the 5s. Samson is not a center, as a freshman he won’t come in and defend traditional bigs. So if no seniors come back, I’m guessing the top priority is another big and another scorer.

Reaction Score
If akok is questionable to play 2 years after an injury, that’s really scary. I think akok has to be penciled in as a major contributor

pj

Reaction Score
We do though, Akok is a stud. Hurley and staff have been working with Springs a long time. Sanogo is going to be the best big in the league.

The coaches know what we have. But the Boneyard doesn't, because BYers don't see practices, and haven't done the recruiting legwork the coaches have done on Samson. So Hurley should recruit more bigs to reassure the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
At the very least Danny needs re-recruit Whaley. We are not going to find a better front court player in the portal. If Whaley says no I'd love to see Carlton come back....or bring them both back...or all three. If the goal is to win a championship next season you need that senior leadership. Freshmen won't deliver what these guys can deliver.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If akok is questionable to play 2 years after an injury, that’s really scary. I think akok has to be penciled in as a major contributor
We all hope that but some people are never the same after an Achilles injury. Based on what we’ve seen from him this year, I think you need to go into next year assuming he won’t be a major contributor and if he is able to, that will be great. Unfortunately it’s just an unknown based on what we’ve seen from him this year.

Reaction Score
We all hope that but some people are never the same after an Achilles injury. Based on what we’ve seen from him this year, I think you need to go into next year assuming he won’t be a major contributor and if he is able to, that will be great. Unfortunately it’s just an unknown based on what we’ve seen from him this year.
The coaches know what we have. But the Boneyard doesn't, because BYers don't see practices, and haven't done the recruiting legwork the coaches have done on Samson. So Hurley should recruit more bigs to reassure the Boneyard.
If none of the seniors come back, the front court is AS, RS, AA, & SJ. They came into this season with 6 front court players. With at least 2 scholarships open for next season, it’s hard to imagine a scenario where at least another big man isn’t added to the roster.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sadly, you are not the first. I am not sure who is the first but @RichZ gave a hat tip at 3:46PM on Saturday in his post called "Hoya II ThoughtZ". See bullet #14.

I think I clocked in around 2:36pm.
My preferences have time set for Central Time and I'm up in the great Northwest right now so I really don't know.
Screenshot_20210307-072157.png

pj

Reaction Score
If none of the seniors come back, the front court is AS, RS, AA, & SJ. They came into this season with 6 front court players. With at least 2 scholarships open for next season, it’s hard to imagine a scenario where at least another big man isn’t added to the roster.

I think you're right, but they could also recruit a Tyler Polley style stretch 4 and be OK in the frontcourt. We'll see. The coaches have a solid team with no real needs and two scholarships ... they can go for best available talent.

Reaction Score
I think you're right, but they could also recruit a Tyler Polley style stretch 4 and be OK in the frontcourt. We'll see. The coaches have a solid team with no real needs and two scholarships ... they can go for best available talent.
I believe it could be three open depending on whether BA stays or goes. Brown/Bouk being the other two

Reaction Score
Yeah the good thing is there’s a lot of roster flexibility, and a lot obviously depends on if any guys come back. I’ll stand by (for now) that if the seniors are gone, the two scholarships will be used on a front court player & best available talent with other one, with an emphasis on a guard or wing who can score.

Reaction Score
Is Akok a stud, though? Ajou was a stud. Ater was a stud. Until they weren't. I know this will sound racist, but Sudanese kids tend to be overrated for some reason. I truly, truly hope I'm wrong, but I'm tempering my expectations for Akok at this point.

Reaction Score
Is Akok a stud, though? Ajou was a stud. Ater was a stud. Until they weren't. I know this will sound racist, but Sudanese kids tend to be overrated for some reason. I truly, truly hope I'm wrong, but I'm tempering my expectations for Akok at this point.
Yes, he's a stud. When he played as a freshman he totally transformed our defense with his rim protection. The offense wasn't there yet but he's fast as hell and I think he will keep teams honest with a decent outside shot, I expect that pump fake from the three wing and drive we saw for the finger roll to be something we see a lot of.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I know you’re being snarky, but Danny did recruit a 7 footer who has left the program. So it would seem that he wanted an additional big. Given that we are all in on Clingan I think a grad transfer might be the better option than a freshman.

Reaction Score
If we are talking about the 4 and 5, where is this loaded frontcourt you see for next year? If the seniors are gone, you have Sanogo pretty much on his own. Akok is questionable, Johnson a freshman and Springs devoid of game experience. It is critical that Whaley, or even Carlton, returns. And if Whaley returns, he is absolutely our starting 4 and backup 5. He is likely to see more of the floor than anyone but Cole. My opinion.
Sanogo will be backed up at the 5 by Sampson a big time NBA pro talent, Akok will be the stretch 4 with Springs getting minutes and you have Tmart and Ajax at the 3. Thats 6 guys in the frontcourt including 5 that are likely NBA players in the future. If Whaley comes back the frontcourt is ridiculously loaded.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The four guys we have are enough, but bringing in a grad transfer to keep room for Clingan is probably not a bad idea. I won't be surprised if Springs is a real rotational player next year, or at the very least plays a Carlton style role.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
fwiw I no longer believe that Richie Springs should play. But the mojo is too strong now. Since I’ve changed my header we’re 6-1 and blowing teams out. I can’t change it now. PLAY RICHIE SPRINGS!

Reaction Score
I know you’re being snarky, but Danny did recruit a 7 footer who has left the program. So it would seem that he wanted an additional big. Given that we are all in on Clingan I think a grad transfer might be the better option than a freshman.
Or Carlton

Reaction Score
Um excuse me? This is an absurd take, there was no need to take a shot like that. Yes Akok is a stud, I have no idea how you watch what he did as a freshman last season, the impact he had on the team, and think, ya this kid is overrated. Yikes dude

Reaction Score
Um excuse me? This is an absurd take, there was no need to take a shot like that. Yes Akok is a stud, I have no idea how you watch what he did as a freshman last season, the impact he had on the team, and think, ya this kid is overrated. Yikes dude
The only thing that can hold him back from that impact is health. Achilles injuries are notoriously tough to overcome. I hope he is 100% back next year because he is a game changer on the defensive end and has shown plenty of flashes offensively as well.

Reaction Score
Its one of the worst takes ive ever read on here. Akok is going to be great someday. I think he`ll get passed the injury and be the player we saw flashes of. I just hope DH uses him as a stretch 4 instead of just letting him float on the perimeter all the time. This kid is long, strong and skilled enough to do damage in the post.

Reaction Score
The only thing that can hold him back from that impact is health. Achilles injuries are notoriously tough to overcome. I hope he is 100% back next year because he is a game changer on the defensive end and has shown plenty of flashes offensively as well.
Its one of the worst takes ive ever read on here. Akok is going to be great someday. I think he`ll get passed the injury and be the player we saw flashes of. I just hope DH uses him as a stretch 4 instead of just letting him float on the perimeter all the time. This kid is long, strong and skilled enough to do damage in the post.
We all hope he can come back to full strength and be the player he was meant to be. He’s a stud. This injury takes a long time to come back from, I mean, even Durant sat the whole season to get right. Hoping he gets the off-season to focus on that. Just did not need to bring in his culture/race to this. That was out of line.

Reaction Score
Samson Johnson was HS teammates with Sanogo!? I hadn't paid enough attention to know that and just saw Sanogo in his highlight reel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom