Springboard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Springboard

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Sure some more than others clearly allow less than successful prior experiences, endeavors, and others' negative views to impact their lives, perspectives, mentalities, etc. Others, including the apparently positive and driven HCJM, view past challenges as mere obstacles and opportunities on the way to achieve greater success. Advantage: the latter. Go UConn!
Thank you Confucius

Reaction Score
Okay, I may be overstepping message board community courtesy with a third new thread in 48 hours, but here goes.

Is Mora taking this job as a springboard to returning to the coaching big time? My take; I hope so. My initial very early impression - yeah maybe thats the end game. Any kind of season and systems he can install that raises his profile is fine with me. I’ll take two good years and deal with what’s next after. Go ahead Coach Mora, make a splash and reclimb the ladder.
I'm with you brother... I'm sick (to my stomach) that we can't win, at all... It's been too long... gotta get that taste out of our mouth... and it's not about that "brand" marketing crap either... not for me anyways... It's about bringing back a little pride on the field of play.. Folks that have followed our FBS history closely have seen success on the field... We could tell how schools didn't take us seriously, then we go and punch them in the mouth on the field and get the W... or come doggone near close to, gaining well deserved respect....

Honestly, it feels like we got blackballed... but I know that's not the case. There's a number of factors that lead to the disaster we now see.

Hopefully Mora shocks a ton of folks over the next few years... If he leaves for greener pastures, job well done... Let's just make sure we are nurturing a group of coaches (no disrespect to what we've had, because not all coaches are at fault, but the current group as a group just wasn't good enough) that can develop a lasting culture this time.. I think AD DB (who is the only AD we've had that knows a little something about FBS football) is putting this together to make sure we keep it together going fwd...

Reaction Score
That's what I'm thinking. There's a difference between 48 and 58. If we turn it around, UConn would be family. Trade that in for Washington State?
There is something to be said for that for sure. I’m also think he might just be doing this because he wants to get back into coaching. Simple as that. I just took a new job after retiring mainly because I wanted to get back to doing what I liked to do. At UConn he gets a program with likely a better upside than any alternative. He could go to FIU or someplace but UConn despite its record is a much better gig In many ways. And when he gets things turned around he has multiple opportunities to either stay as an icon or go to a bigger program. Despite our current disastrous season there is some talent

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Sure some more than others clearly allow less than successful prior experiences, endeavors, and others' negative views to impact their lives, perspectives, mentalities, etc. Others, including the apparently positive and driven HCJM, view past challenges as mere obstacles and opportunities on the way to achieve greater success. Advantage: the latter. Go UConn!
I'm in purgatory. I like the hire and have hope, but part of me also wonders if we just can't have nice things in football. It's been so long since we've been good that it's getting hard to imagine it happening again. I'm hoping as the staff takes shape and then maybe some moves in the portal happen I'll move more towards the positive crowd.
I've got PPBDRE shell shock.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom