Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have that more of the same feeling in the pit of my stomach. The idea of Steven Krajewski as a known quantity holding his own with the prospective upgrades is not the feeling I was hoping for.

Sounds like another off-season of multiple QB contender, which of course means we have zero QB contenders. And while I'm at it, it is nice to hear good things about Fitzgerald, Ross and Marion are both very good and that we aren't hearing more about them is also troubling.
If you are looking for things to worry about and this is all you have, I'm feeling pretty good. I don't agree with your using Krajewski in the Associative Property of QB to denigrate the new guys. I don't think we have enough information yet.

Reaction Score
If you are saying this is the same damn football team and same damn crap we have heard every approach to the Spring Game ... let's do this ... ASSUME ... you read and watched all these UCONNFOOTBALL produced videos & listened to Mora talk to business groupings, basketball halftime, in gaggle of reporters, amongst kids, with radio podcasts of national stature. Like I have. I'm probably less than many more than most.

Go walk into your bathroom and look at your face in the mirror. Name one big thing that's different about Mora and this change than any other & different than 2021 ... and more than your remember in 2010 & 2013. What comes to mind.

My point is the comment about Krajewski just doesn't ring true. Were you the kind of kid who cried when Mom dropped you off at Kindergarten and left you with 20 other kids?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Nigel is a big part of what we needed. We have good smaller receivers- Turner, Ross, Bush, Marion, etc. Drayton was the only guy with size that was functional- all the other "bigger receivers " did not make the plays when needed, (drops, wrong routes, couldn't get any separation). Fitzgerald will be a bail out type receiver which was part of the list of offensive problems we had.

Reaction Score
Nigel is a big part of what we needed. We have good smaller receivers- Turner, Ross, Bush, Marion, etc. Drayton was the only guy with size that was functional- all the other "bigger receivers " did not make the plays when needed, (drops, wrong routes, couldn't get any separation). Fitzgerald will be a bail out type receiver which was part of the list of offensive problems we had.

Kevens Clercius had a very good 2021. Including at least 2 amazing snags I remember. I expect Clercius to be better this fall. But YES ...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Can you run that last sentence through a translator for me?

Unless Fitzgerald is all-world, it would appear our "star" transfer isn't making noise with our best receivers. Cam Ross is an NFL level receiver and Marion has showed a lot last year despite really poor QB play.

Another way of saying, don't expect a huge upgrade at QB, whomever plays.

Reaction Score
Unless Fitzgerald is all-world, it would appear our "star" transfer isn't making noise with our best receivers. Cam Ross is an NFL level receiver and Marion has showed a lot last year despite really poor QB play.

Another way of saying, don't expect a huge upgrade at QB, whomever plays.
You do remember Steven Krajewski was one of the best QB's coming out of Georgia when he was recruited right? He can hang with the new recruits if system finally fits his strengths. Hell look at him versus Vandy when Tyler went down. There was almost no drop off once he got up to game speed.

Reaction Score
Edsall thought Steven Krajewski was ahead of Orlovsky as a senior in high school. But it's Edsall, so take it with a grain with a salt.

For the time being I'm willing to give Mora a long lease. He's a professional. He knows what he wants from a QB. Let it play out.

Reaction Score
I think the only real public criticism I remember Edsall had with K was that he was trying to be too perfect, waiting too long to make the throw in imperfect situations.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Different staff, different scheme. No one has an advantage on offense as they are all learning something new. Defensively, with Spanos back, I would be surprised if they were running a completely different defense. I could see new wrinkles and tendencies, but still same base concepts.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’d like for someone to outline what a good practice report might be. Unless perhaps it’s the 1s vs 3s with the 1s totally dominating, all other practice reports with mixed lines will inherently deliver a mixed message. This is particularly the case in 7 v 7 and 11 v 11.

One subjective way to measure spring ball is to compare it year over year as to how the squad is taking in the drills and playbook relative to prior years and projecting out. Really only the coaches has insight here and whatever they say to the public you have to take it with a grain of salt.

I think a good spring would be to see 11 guys playing as one with confidence and without hesitation. Guys that know the plays and can play smart. These clips won’t tell us much about that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’d like for someone to outline what a good practice report might be. Unless perhaps it’s the 1s vs 3s with the 1s totally dominating, all other practice reports with mixed lines will inherently deliver a mixed message. This is particularly the case in 7 v 7 and 11 v 11.

One subjective way to measure spring ball is to compare it year over year as to how the squad is taking in the drills and playbook relative to prior years and projecting out. Really only the coaches has insight here and whatever they say to the public you have to take it with a grain of salt.

I think a good spring would be to see 11 guys playing as one with confidence and without hesitation. Guys that know the plays and can play smart. These clips won’t tell us much about that.
Agree, but I think there are some “eye test” things that you can see. How quick does everyone look? Are the cuts nice and sharp? Are we actually wrapping up on tackles? Etc.

I’m not gonna get up there, but I’m looking forward to hearing what people think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom