Sportscenter obsession with pro wrestling | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sportscenter obsession with pro wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Havent watched but I would bet my life Shane O Mac probably risked his life taking a bump again. He's insane always has been. Looking forward to seeing that.

He has no fear.

Reaction Score
From the linked article, I'm referring to this Glenn Jacobs.

Glenn Jacobs, senior coordinating producer of ESPN’s New & Next Group (a 25-30-person group that focuses on new content plays for the company), said his staff has spent a lot of time researching what ESPN viewers are paying attention to on social media. They found that ESPN viewers are very interested in WWE content. For example: Last Monday’s WWE Raw, which airs on USA Network, was the most-talked about topic among SportsCenter’s nearly 26 million Twitter followers (The ESPN researchers look at hashtags and key words). WWE content, in fact, drew three times as many as mentions as the second-most talked about topic that night: LeBron James. Jacobs said WWE Raw has been a top five talked-about topic over the last five weeks among SportsCenter followers on Twitter and a top 10 topic for 15 straight weeks.

Here's his full bio from ESPN. He graduated from Rockville High in 1988 (Same year and school as Mike Ferrell from football recruiting sites).

Glenn Jacobs - ESPN MediaZone

Hey, same high school! High five!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I didn't watch but something caught my eye (without revealing much) - Shaq made an appearance.

wrestlemania-32.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Don't you yurn for the days of Haystack Calhoun?

not for him personally, he was a side show oddity, but yes I yearn for that era of wrestling.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Ughhh I wish I had been able to see that. I hear it was awesome. My coming of age was during the NWO/Attitude era. Those were great years too.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ughhh I wish I had been able to see that. I hear it was awesome. My coming of age was during the NWO/Attitude era. Those were great years too.

incredible years. The initial NWO angle was pure genius. They screwed it up eventually but the intitial angle with Hall and then Nash coming in was as good as you got.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
incredible years. The initial NWO angle was pure genius. They screwed it up eventually but the intitial angle with Hall and then Nash coming in was as good as you got.

Yup. If they had gotten HBK as their third like was the original plan- or so I hear- it would have been even better. But even with Hogan it was great had they left it at that. Got watered down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom