Reaction Score
444F49BE-0623-41CB-A3BB-23B8374CB730.jpeg
444F49BE-0623-41CB-A3BB-23B8374CB730.jpeg
58EF99F8-BF26-4328-9C31-AC8B73AF1E3F.jpeg
58EF99F8-BF26-4328-9C31-AC8B73AF1E3F.jpeg

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I bought the UConn / Notre Dame program in the pre-game parking lot for $10 with a sweet poster folded into the centerfold.
Got that framed up right away and have an awesome souvenir from an awesome game and crazy ass night in downtown South Bend afterwards!
Oh man what a night that was...

1612464641519.png

ElGuapo

Reaction Score
Also this poster from early 90's after they opened Gampel.
My aforementioned HS marketing teacher grabbed a bunch at a game and ran it through the laminator in the school library and gave me one.
It's ragtag after almost 30 years but it still lives...

1612464866705.png

Reaction Score
Also this poster from early 90's after they opened Gampel.
My aforementioned HS marketing teacher grabbed a bunch at a game and ran it through the laminator in the school library and gave me one.
It's ragtag after almost 30 years but it still lives...

View attachment 64284
8D021EB3-F2FF-49F6-A80B-B27A31D7B818.jpeg

Reaction Score
Just one more to show (one of many items in my collection but probably my favorite) The sign was actual used in the prison scenes on the Walking Dead All the signatures were in person and they all remarked that they remember it from the show. Still a work in progress Very cool!!
473FC970-55A2-45B1-9B6B-074E23F83AB9.jpeg

Reaction Score
This will kind of give you a feel for what I am dealing with.
What;s interesting is when you bought a pack it was always the same 1-11, 12-23, etc. cards sets plus a sticker.
Always alphabetical. The only random in that was the sticker you got. So on my way to building the set I ended up with 2, 3, 4 of the same cards for a lot of players. Hence why I have the 3 Jordans.

When I went to high school I brought it in to show some friends and they freeked out. This was like 1991. Told me to put that set away and that it was "worth a lot".
Well here we are now and I'm sitting on a treasure.
12 year old ElGuapo did well on that one in harrassing my poor mom to keep buying cards for him at XTRA-MART and Cumberland Farms in Plainville. It was so under the radar of a set at the time no one was gobbling them up.
Wish I could say the same about all of the baseball cards I have from the time.

View attachment 64246
View attachment 64247
Awesome. They’re not 10s but even the 7-8 grades are worth tens of thousands. That sticker could be a mint based on the picture. Congratulations man, thanks for sharing

Reaction Score
Awesome. They’re not 10s but even the 7-8 grades are worth tens of thousands. That sticker could be a mint based on the picture. Congratulations man, thanks for sharing
Edit the second one could be for all I know. Definitely great condition.

Reaction Score
Mods/everyone - sorry in advance for the spammy post here.

Have some UConn memorabilia I'm trying to clear out before downsizing, and wanted to offer it up here first. Most of it is circa 2011-2014, and I'm hoping to offer it at super fair/reasonable prices. All of the items were obtained in person by me (used to be an avid collector) and guaranteed to pass any authenticity tests.

If you're interested in any of the items below, please shoot me a PM to work out details. (P.S. have a ton of NBA and MLB autographs I'm hoping to move as well - PM me if you have any specific interests and I can let you know if I have)

~2014 autographs/memorabilia:
  • National Championship memorabilia:
    • Amida Brimah autographed game used arm sleeve from 2014 National Championship game
    • Full set of autographed programs from 2014 season (Giffey, Boatright, Daniels, Omar Calhoun, Napier - not autographed)
    • 2014 Final Four official program, and ticket
    • Partially autographed 2014 team photo
  • Other memorabilia:
    • Shabazz Napier:
      • Autographed UConn jersey
      • Autographed Spalding basketball
      • Autographed photo
    • UConn vs. Syracuse: Framed spread of official program, newspaper, and tickets for final UConn vs. Syracuse Big East game
~2011 autographs/memorabilia:
  • Kemba Walker:
    • Two autographed Spalding basketballs
    • Two autographed Charlotte Bobcats jerseys
  • KW and JC: Photo of JC talking to KW autographed by each (on the same photo)
Earlier stuff:
  • Rudy Gay: Autographed photo
  • Emeka Okafor: Autographed basketball card

PM me if interested in any of the above - thanks!

ElGuapo

Reaction Score
Edit the second one could be for all I know. Definitely great condition.
Thank you.

As was noted by @StllH8L8ner, I am not interested in sending these out to anyone for grading either.
Nor paying the amounts of money it would take to get the Jordans, other high priced cards and set graded.
I wish it was something I could make an appointment for and spend the day if there was such a thing.
I may want to do a better job of getting the set better protected from the binder and late 80's card pages they are in now though.

And it's crazy how there is such an industry of fakes around this too. I see it on eBay where people are advertising all of the reproductions. How many more are out there going as "real" but are high priced fakes.
And then there are totally random people like me sitting out there with 3 real ones that if brought out of the dark could fetch some real good money. My attitude on these, the set and the extras is I own them and that is that. Rarely think about them at all. Will make a hell of an inheritence when I croak but otherwise they are just sitting in the dark in my safe and that is that. If something catastrohic happened to my family financially I could always make a play with them so that is nice I guess.

The other things I have are some really rare Jim Pollock posters for the band Phish. Those are framed and behind UV glass. They are hanging in my office so I enjoy them every day. Jordan rookie cards are worth much more but are just lucky posessions that I own from when I was a kid who once cared about cards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom