South Carolina vs Louisville | The Boneyard

South Carolina vs Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two very talented teams out there. Durr is amazing. And Kaela Davis is also a big talent.

These are two of the Final Four teams, IMHO.

Reaction Score
Really good game. Ridiculous crowd. Nan's estimate may be high. I've been in that building, and a small crowd really rattles around in there. If this game is an annual event, they need to rethink it, or put it in a place where the audience has a pulse.

I know, I know. It's the Hall of Fame game. I'm from Springfield, so I know this. But in a city of 130,000 people and a metro area of maybe 400,000, they cannot find enough marketing dollars to draw 9,000 people to a big game? Really?

This is a major embarrassment. For Springfield, the Hall of Fame and women's college basketball.

Reaction Score
Really impressed with Coates so far. Starting to feel like SC's size & experience will prevail in a very physical game.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Coates showing off that athleticism... great momentum swinging play with her and Harrigan.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
SC's on ball defense in the first half was very good, switching very well. When Louisville did penetrate their rim protection was very good. Louisville shot well early, but SC's on ball defense ultimately prevented open shots. When SC moves the ball quickly then flashes its high/low offense they're very difficult to play. SC's outside shooting and foul shooting are terrible. SC is also quicker and more athletic this year. I still say SC by 15.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Coates showing off that athleticism... great momentum swinging play with her and Harrigan.

That play where Coates deflected and then saved the ball while sailing out of bounds, leading directly to an and-1, was highlight reel.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I see neither Davis Nor Durr have learned to play D, SCs bench is playing better D as Gray wasn't much better. Coates best player on the floor IMO

Reaction Score
Game is on ESPN2. There must be 150 people at the game in Springfield.

Good game---
Best part was the very short Tribute for Natalie Butler And Sanyia at half time by Kara Lawson. Just great-Something Uconn Fans needed to hear and something Butler needed. National Recognition.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I want to see what Louisville can do when they aren't turning the ball over.

Reaction Score
Really good game. Ridiculous crowd. Nan's estimate may be high. I've been in that building, and a small crowd really rattles around in there. If this game is an annual event, they need to rethink it, or put it in a place where the audience has a pulse.

I know, I know. It's the Hall of Fame game. I'm from Springfield, so I know this. But in a city of 130,000 people and a metro area of maybe 400,000, they cannot find enough marketing dollars to draw 9,000 people to a big game? Really?

This is a major embarrassment. For Springfield, the Hall of Fame and women's college basketball.

How about just giving the tickets away to some youth leagues and grade schools etc...............no excuse for that building to be so empty...........it's like your average high school crowd

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Neither the citizens of Springfield nor the team from Louisville showed up. SC looks unbeatable, even with Wilson mostly watching Davis, Gray and Coates take shooting practice.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
South Carolina looks good. Really good! I would like to have seen them and Notre Dame start playing during the season.

Two very impactful transfers in Davis and Gray.

I think they are the team to beat!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Another fun game today: Indiana at Auburn. Battle between two teams that reached the 2nd round of last year's tournament. Tyra Buss is one of my top-2 favorite point guards in the country to watch (along with Jordin Canada).

Plebe

Reaction Score
Geezus. Where did Louisville's offense go in the 2nd half?

Reaction Score
Awesome display by SC. They look much much much more formidable than Baylor in how they play off their bigs plus (plus their bigs are better) they have better over defense and can attack the basket much better with multiple players.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Another fun game today: Indiana at Auburn. Battle between two teams that reached the 2nd round of last year's tournament. Tyra Buss is one of my top-2 favorite point guards in the country to watch (along with Jordin Canada).
Got to see IU at ND in that second round game last season.
They hung right with the Irish for most of that game.
Tyra is definitely fun to watch!

Reaction Score
Really good showing by SC over a really good Louisville team. Our defense really came to play today. Both teams will be STRONG in the tournament.
Or at least a great showing by SC. Louisville didn't show much IMO - hard to see from this game how they got ranked #4.

Reaction Score

I had no idea the game was there. There are a bunch of people I know in MA who would have gone with me. Clearly it wasn't publicized well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom