South Carolina is beatable | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina is beatable

Reaction Score
Oregon St could have pulled off the upset if they could have made even half of their open shots/layups. :mad:

Reaction Score
A steamroll? It was something.
That was a normal basketball play. She was fighting for defensive position and Beers wasn't ready. That was definitely a missed called but a basketball play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was at the game. Thought that it was closer than it needed to be because Dawn was holding out Kamilla. Wasn’t really going for the blowout.

Reaction Score
Almost all teams are beatable...............the last teams I can remember that weren't beatable all had some tall skinny player named Breanna on them............

And even those teams got beat.......

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Oregon St could have pulled off the upset if they could have made even half of their open shots/layups. :mad:
The game would have been a huge blowout if South Carolina had made theirs. That "if" stuff goes both ways.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
South Carolina has opened as an 11.5 point favorite over NC State Friday night.

Reaction Score
South Carolina has opened as an 11.5 point favorite over NC State Friday night.
I'm surprised. I'm nervous about this game. NC State's guards are a lot to handle when they play cohesively. I'm scared that Paopao is a step too slow on defense and that Milaysia will be contained by your guards because she can't use her athleticism as an advantage against the likes of Rivers and James. I'm also having PTSD from the men's loss against Oregon where a former Gamecock put up 40 on us. I'm fearful that Rivers is going to play out of her mind because she is facing her old team.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is too good. They’re the most bullet proof team left in my opinion. Can beat you so many different ways. They’ve got depth and different players who can step up both inside and outside. Will need a C game from SC and a A+ game from all other teams if they want a chance to pull off the upset win.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Nothing as egregious as the Beers foul.
I thought it evened out in the end. Beers had a blatant moving screen in the 3rd that wasn’t called and led to an OSU triple. Just mediocre reffing back and forth which was frustrating to see, but I didn’t think it was 1 sided.

Reaction Score
The only way SC loses is if Cardoso and Watkins both have the worst games of their lives at the same time. Or if NC State manages to shoot 90% from the floor. Even then SC will still probably win.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is too good. They’re the most bullet proof team left in my opinion. Can beat you so many different ways. They’ve got depth and different players who can step up both inside and outside. Will need a C game from SC and a A+ game from all other teams if they want a chance to pull off the upset win.
They are, but they don't seem to have the "finish them" mode these last few games. That ESPN post where they showed Johnson's quote "Who can guard us?" in contrast with Coach Staley's "We have up a (22 point) lead) comes to mind. Yes, the competition is tougher as it gets closer to the Final Four, but with the depth everyone talks about, sometimes I wonder why they can't win by larger margins.

Reaction Score
Nothing as egregious as the Beers foul.
Sure, but I’d rather have one phantom foul in the first half immediately followed by a make-up whistle than three less egregious bad calls in the 2nd.

The third on Beers is another example of an official calling what she imagined happened out of her view based on player movement and positioning. Women’s basketball is plagued with poor officiating, and at that moment, Beers had one too many fouls.

By the middle of the 3rd quarter, she should have had 3 fouls, and she did. By the 4th, she had less fouls than she deserved.

Reaction Score
Oregon State was the last team we’ll see that we can beat with a C game. I just hate that the team took it as a challenge to prove that correct.

Reaction Score
Sad to say LSU is probably the only team left in the tournament that has the players to beat South Carolina.......

Reaction Score
I'm surprised. I'm nervous about this game. NC State's guards are a lot to handle when they play cohesively. I'm scared that Paopao is a step too slow on defense and that Milaysia will be contained by your guards because she can't use her athleticism as an advantage against the likes of Rivers and James. I'm also having PTSD from the men's loss against Oregon where a former Gamecock put up 40 on us. I'm fearful that Rivers is going to play out of her mind because she is facing her old team.
From your keyboard to Gods ears

Reaction Score
Oregon State was the only team in the field I thought could potentially challenge South Carolina based on their shooting ability and strength in the post.. No team left has the personal to stay within 20 of them. Nc State doesn’t have the shooting or the inside play to make it competitive . LSU lacks depth. Iowa lacks size. UConn lacks size depth and shooting. USC lacks size.

I’d have them start hanging the banner in Columbia if I was Dans after yesterdays game.

Reaction Score
Oregon State was the only team in the field I thought could potentially challenge South Carolina based on their shooting ability and strength in the post.. No team left has the personal to stay within 20 of them. Nc State doesn’t have the shooting or the inside play to make it competitive . LSU lacks depth. Iowa lacks size. UConn lacks size depth and shooting. USC lacks size.

I’d have them start hanging the banner in Columbia if I was Dans after yesterdays game.
Still trying it Sir Jinxalot?

You are persistent!

Reaction Score

The only way SC loses is if Cardoso and Watkins both have the worst games of their lives at the same time. Or if NC State manages to shoot 90% from the floor. Even then SC will still probably win.

I see what y'all are doing here. And I don't like it.......

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom