Songs Of Texas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Songs Of Texas

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's Johnny Cash singing Streets of Laredo. This is a variant of a very old song. I have a few versions, When I was on horseback, by Steeleye Span and one by Eliza Carthy, I think called The Unfortunate Lass, come immediately to mind. The person is usually dying of syphilis rather than being shot. They're all great songs.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Here's Johnny Cash singing Streets of Laredo. This is a variant of a very old song. I have a few versions, When I was on horseback, by Steeleye Span and one by Eliza Carthy, I think called The Unfortunate Lass, come immediately to mind. The person is usually dying of the clap rather than being shot. They're all great songs.

And if you get an outfit you can be a cowboy too!!

Reaction Score
Bantamlaker got my first choice but I have no problem with a tip of the hat to Baylor with some Charlie Daniels. Some good bar room boogie here! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am not technically savvy to say the least so I do not know how to post a song video but my favorite Texas tune would be “London Homesick Blues” written by Gary P. Nunn of Jerry Jeff Walker’s Lost Gonzo with a great live recording on one of Jerry Jeff’s albums.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I am not technically savvy to say the least so I do not know how to post a song video but my favorite Texas tune would be “London Homesick Blues” written by Gary P. Nunn of Jerry Jeff Walker’s Lost Gonzo with a great live recording on one of Jerry Jeff’s albums.

Find the song you want on you tube or wherever else you look for it, right click and select "copy link location," come back over here and in a post right click again and select "paste." Works best if you have 2 windows open and you can toggle back and forth.

Reaction Score
Near the top of the list of threads HuskyNan has Boneyard Rules and BY lessons. Lesson 5 is posting videos. If I could learn how to do it I’m sure you’ll be able to.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Kingston Trio. My son and I did a cross country drive about 15 years ago, singing a lot of the way. Laredo was in our top 5 along with The Gambler.
Nope. Smothers brothers.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom