Some interesting insight into the state of the program and some flat out stupidity | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Some interesting insight into the state of the program and some flat out stupidity

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think his point is guys aren’t broke and NEED to go for money…if he loves his time, wants to develop more, AND he’s making a mill or two, he doesn’t feel as much pressure to maximize his dollars ASAP.

Not agreeing with that by this post, just clarifying.

No one is saying he won’t be better financially in the NBA, but a kid like that making REAL money might not be scared of injury playing another 9 months and living his best life.
Maybe, but walking away from $15 million or $20 million isn't the same thing as walking away from $98,000. I'm sure he would have a great time at Connecticut. I'm also sure he'd have a great time being a 20-year-old multimillionaire.

Life is short and you never know what is going to happen. Walking away from $20 million isn't the smart play. That said, if he decides to do it I'd be ecstatic.

Reaction Score
In their defense, Paul Pierce and Keyshawn Johnson are idiots.
Paul Pierce for sure. I like Keyshawn's takes on the NFL but he's out of his element talking college basketball.

Reaction Score
What do you think the number is? $200,000? $250,000?. I guarantee you it isn't 10 times what he'll make in the NBA and that multiple is exactly what Paige is looking at. Her potential WNBA salary is probably right around 1/10 of what she makes in NIL. The economics of her decision are entirely different from Donovan's decision.
Probably around $1 million but yes people bringing up women's basketball players in this context is dumber than dirt. We just want back to back in the most dominating fashion ever and we have several of the dumbest threads possible going right now.

CL82

Reaction Score
Probably around $1 million but yes people bringing up women's basketball players in this context is dumber than dirt. We just want back to back in the most dominating fashion ever and we have several of the dumbest threads possible going right now.
Donovan has 1 million in NIL? I didn't realize that. Do you know who his deals are with?

Reaction Score
Donovan has 1 million in NIL? I didn't realize that. Do you know who his deals are with?
I don't know how much money exactly but that would be my guesstimate. He has something like a dozen deals (Panini America, Dunkin Donuts, Ritz Crackers, F45 Training, Barstool Sports) are some of the national deals and he has local deals.

Reaction Score
Pierce is insufferbale. You would think that Celtics team won five rings the way him and KG talk about it. No wonder Ray distanced himself from them, absolute clowns.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Maybe, but walking away from $15 million or $20 million isn't the same thing as walking away from $98,000. I'm sure he would have a great time at Connecticut. I'm also sure he'd have a great time being a 20-year-old multimillionaire.

Life is short and you never know what is going to happen. Walking away from $20 million isn't the smart play. That said, if he decides to do it I'd be ecstatic.

Agreed on everything.

Although the nuance here is not viewing it as “walking away from”, but rather “having tons of fun for another 9 months THEN getting 20 million, maybe 25.”

Reaction Score
dc is gone. This time last year I swore Andre Jackson was coming back too.
Hurley had to basically kick him out for AJax’s best interests.

Clingan is a bit different in that he’s a Local Hero and is having a LOT of fun with this. I think in the end though Hurley will employ the AJax strategy with him as well.

CL82

Reaction Score
Agreed on everything.

Although the nuance here is not viewing it as “walking away from”, but rather “having tons of fun for another 9 months THEN getting 20 million, maybe 25.”
Yeah, but keep in mind, that the year for which he decides not to go to the NBA is always always lost. let's look at two years 2024 and 2025 hypothetically. If Donovan decides to go to the NBA in 2024 he makes 20,000,000 in 2024 and an additional $20 million in 2025. That totals $40 million. If he decides to stay an extra year in school, then he makes zero dollars in 2024 and and $20 million in 2025. That totals $20 million.

NBA players have a limited shelf life. So, by deciding to delay going into the NBA a year Donovan actually loses $20 million compared to his optimized total. It isn't merely a timing difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom