Some interesting insight into the state of the program and some flat out stupidity | The Boneyard

Some interesting insight into the state of the program and some flat out stupidity

Reaction Score
Really good insight from Jay as always. This is an all time great team and going back to back has elevated Uconn into elite company making the case that this is the best program in the country and the best since the UCLA run of the 1860s during the Civil War.

And some utter nonsense from two clowns youd expect it from. Suddenly the womens game is the greatest thing since sliced bread and the mens game stinks and hasnt been very good since the early 2000s even though just weeks ago some of these same talking heads were saying teams from just a couple years ago (2021 Baylor, 2018 Nova) were among the best ever now Uconn makes an all time dominant historical run and its because cbb sucks. Also it seems Keyshawn and Paul didnt watch the games. Seems like they watched highlights and red boxscores. Enjoy the clown show below.

Reaction Score
Really good insight from Jay as always. This is an all time great team and going back to back has elevated Uconn into elite company making the case that this is the best program in the country and the best since the UCLA run of the 1860s during the Civil War.

And some utter nonsense from two clowns youd expect it from. Suddenly the womens game is the greatest thing since sliced bread and the mens game stinks and hasnt been very good since the early 2000s even though just weeks ago some of these same talking heads were saying teams from just a couple years ago (2021 Baylor, 2018 Nova) were among the best ever now Uconn makes an all time dominant historical run and its because cbb sucks. Also it seems Keyshawn and Paul didnt watch the games. Seems like they watched highlights and red boxscores. Enjoy the clown show below.

They didn't watch the game. Pierce went on to talk about how the product last night showed everything that's wrong with American basketball, and that we don't do what the Europeans are doing. Bilas is saying the opposite.

This is Fox. They have the Big East contract. Their talking heads couldn't be bothered.

UConn is buried on Fox. I certainly hope this conference could break away from the cryptkeepers and Skip Bayless over there.

Reaction Score

In their defense, Paul Pierce and Keyshawn Johnson are idiots.

Reaction Score
Maybe he heard something.

3 point shooting Donovan Clingan would be quite the thing next year.

Why can't Donovan go #1 in the draft in 2025?
I noticed that and thatd be great but he really should go. Hes really starting to come into his own as a player as he took it to another level in the tourney and hes ready to start learning at the next level. Hes going to be a very good player eventually. Far better than what has been projected.

Reaction Score
They didn't watch the game. Pierce went on to talk about how the product last night showed everything that's wrong with American basketball, and that we don't do what the Europeans are doing. Bilas is saying the opposite.

This is Fox. They have the Big East contract. Their talking heads couldn't be bothered.

UConn is buried on Fox. I certainly hope this conference could break away from the cryptkeepers and Skip Bayless over there.
Seriously, why does Skip look worse than a Rolling Stone?

Reaction Score
Bilas is correct. This level of dominance is on the level of UCLA. IMO.

As for the Undisputed segment, the (35-5) UNLV team they are gushing over, lost to an un-ranked UCSB team with the following top 5 players:

PlayerClassPosHeightSummary
Carrick DeHartSRG6-415.9 Pts, 3.6 Reb, 3.9 Ast
Eric McArthurSRF6-715.6 Pts, 13.0 Reb, 1.5 Ast
Gary GrayJRF6-912.9 Pts, 7.7 Reb, 0.7 Ast
Paul JohnsonSOG6-610.3 Pts, 3.6 Reb, 2.8 Ast
Idris JonesFRG6-37.6 Pts, 2.5 Reb, 2.5 Ast

Who?

Yet, they argue, UNLV would "sweep/wipe the floor" with this UConn team. That same UNLV team only beat Ball State 69-67 in the NCAA tournament. Compare that to UConn's handling of the consensus 2nd best team in the final.

The sport talking heads conflate future and past rosters. No one is arguing the future success of those UNLV players in the NBA. But that is not what is being debated. The comparison is of that UNLV "college" team vs. this UConn team. See UNLV's schedule.

Finally UNLV failed to do what this UConn team has done. UConn has gone back 2 back.

Reaction Score

Who?

Larry Johnson, Greg Anthony, Stacey Augmon.

It wasn't the title year, but the year after.

Lots of excuses (in retrospect they were doomed by their own hubris ala the 2006 UConn team - plus other factors like the pressure to go undefeated despite their boredom playing against "inferior opponents") but they didn't have Danny Hurley keeping track of their psychological well-being - they had a guy that chewed on wash clothes and make sure the checks were good.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Pierce has grown saltier and saltier as the years go by in retirement. He’s like the grandpa talking about how he had to walk 20 miles and battle Bigfoot just to get to school each morning.

The argument could be made that any new age college champ could beat one from the 60’s-90’s due to how much the game has changed, the complexity of modern sets and the emphasis on 3-point shooting. Can’t say I’m old enough to have watched the UNLV team being referenced, but I’m confident this take would hold.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
In their defense, Paul Pierce and Keyshawn Johnson are idiots.

True

Paul has said incredibly stupid things over the years, like calling a playoff series over after one game and being 1000% wrong

Keyshawn is not a good man, he's a stiff

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
This is Paul Pierce's legacy- the Grim Men's Evening

Reaction Score
I had to turn it off when the guys started talking about how Hurley can be bought. Made me want to vomit how out of touch some of these guys are. The need to look at the college basketball landscape, and there's a mountain in that landscape called UConn.

Reaction Score
I’m devouring any and all uconn content right now. Came across the Skip and PP segment and noped on it immediately. Don’t care to hear these two dumb dumbs.

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Reaction Score

Everyone understands that those morons make bank by intentionally pumping out takes to pi$$ people off, right? The beauty (or criminality, depending on your perspective) is that those takes don’t even need to be remotely researched or reality-based. Viewer gets outraged, pounds their fist, and then tunes in the next day to get their next dose of stupidity and outrage. Fox gets eyeballs and writes them another check. They buy another mansion.

Reaction Score
Bilas is the only voice here worth listening to. Sometimes he gets it wrong but he’s smart and most always gives UConn their props. All the other ones mentioned are shock-value blowhards, especially Skip Bayless. Why does his opinion on anything matter at all? He’s an arrogant know-nothing clown.

Reaction Score
Pierce has grown saltier and saltier as the years go by in retirement. He’s like the grandpa talking about how he had to walk 20 miles and battle Bigfoot just to get to school each morning.

The argument could be made that any new age college champ could beat one from the 60’s-90’s due to how much the game has changed, the complexity of modern sets and the emphasis on 3-point shooting. Can’t say I’m old enough to have watched the UNLV team being referenced, but I’m confident this take would hold.
Also, the year is 2024. Did Carmelo leave for the NBA more than 20 years ago or not? We've had over 20 years of players leaving early. This is nothing new at all.

Did these people go to sleep for 30 years and just wake up?

Reaction Score
uh. Jay says there is a "very good chance" that Clingan comes back?
So I'm not an insider at all.

But there were two fairly popular narratives that were passed around people in Phoenix and specifically more locally around Bristol/Terryville. One was that Clingan wanted another year (and also something about an insurance policy DCs family has out for him which I think is fairly common with potential pro prospects now). He's also tapped into a huge NIL potential. (Seth Greenberg mentioned something on one of the ESPN programs about Clingan coming back and he's not not tapped into the program right now...)

And the other one which was kind of surprising that got passed around a lot was that Castles parents want/wanted him at Uconn for two years.

I also saw Castles parents speak a couple times publicly in interviews the last few weeks and was blown away. They seem like great people who have kept their son grounded and understand the process of getting him to the next level.

I would think Hurley tells both to go and if they're both projected to go in the top 15 why wouldn't you. I'm not sure it's as cut and dry as both are 100% gone specifically because of the family dynamics behind both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom