2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not sure the kiss will happen with the mask but will be thinking to do so. The situation you speak of almost happened with my sons GF as well but she quickly jumped from 5 to 10cms and delivered before they needed to c section. The BP was an issue as well but all is well as we speak, thanks fleudy and BYers for the well wishes. Can’t wait for the game changing times I hear of Umani :D
Congrats Grandpa
I have 6 grandkids and everyone is a blessing
My best to Gracelyn, mother, father and all grandparents

Reaction Score
Congrats Grandpa

Thanks gtcam. 6 huh? To experience this 6 times would be awesome. In NICU finally got to hold and meet her, wow so precious!

4918B69E-9591-4BC3-A753-564E87118DE1.jpeg EF6C48B6-8FA6-45E4-9CD2-1AC69DA83410.jpeg

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Thanks for asking she's doing great. Pain free and the hip is wonderful she came back fast amazing stuff for a replacement.

Also became a grampa on Friday as we are on the hospital thing, 6 weeks early beautiful little girl. She's in NICU still but all going good health wise but I have not met this sweet little girl. My wife was able to see her today as well as the other grams. 2 a day now, I get to see and hold little Gracelyn tomorrow and I'm counting the minutes. Bit still, the protocol takes away from the family being able to celebrate such a beautiful thing together, blows!
My first grandchild was exactly the same early. Graduates hs Sunday. Congrats.

Reaction Score
Thanks for asking she's doing great. Pain free and the hip is wonderful she came back fast amazing stuff for a replacement.

Also became a grampa on Friday as we are on the hospital thing, 6 weeks early beautiful little girl. She's in NICU still but all going good health wise but I have not met this sweet little girl. My wife was able to see her today as well as the other grams. 2 a day now, I get to see and hold little Gracelyn tomorrow and I'm counting the minutes. Bit still, the protocol takes away from the family being able to celebrate such a beautiful thing together, blows!
Congratulations!!!!! I hope you ordered Gracelyn a UConn onesie to grow into!

Reaction Score
I was curious about these June OVs. We've been so accustomed to (and frankly spoiled by the success of) Hurley's fall OVs, I was wondering what the impetus for the change was.

A bunch of contributing factors. June used to be a quieter month and time for staff to get away, vacation, recharge, etc. Now, there are recruiting events, so might as well do it all. Game day is almost always going to be the best sell. They are back to getting great crowds and consistently good opponents. Aside from that, the program is back to a place where it can sell itself better. A busy campus is nice, but it’s not necessarily going to be a deciding factor. This staff, this roster, the way they work and approach practice, their relationships- that stuff is as evident in June as it is in September or October.

June OVs for current ‘23s are also good if anyone happens to be in the position where they can and want to reclassify to a year earlier.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley in the house to watch Solomon Ball play yesterday.

The headliner match-up of the day featured Brewster Academy against South Kent School and, with multiple high-major targets on both teams, the game attracted the likes of Michigan’s Juwan Howard, UConn’s Dan Hurley......

Solomon Ball’s length and motor were noticeable from the jump, but he got more comfortable with his new teammates as the day went on, and began to assert himself in the process. He’s another player who can impact the game on both ends of the floor and is also a versatile scoring threat given the physical gains he’s made within the last year as he can now attack the rim as well as he can provide a shooting threat from behind the arc.

Reaction Score
This thread reminds me why I love this place so much. Give me more 45 inch vertical talk mixed in with bladder infections and baby announcements and less of the negative nancies who just want to fight constantly ruining threads. Congrats to all and let’s strive to make every thread this wholesome.

Reaction Score
Congrats Grandpa

I saw in another thread you have some surgeries coming up. My best to you that all will end healthy and feeling better soon gtcam!! God Bless

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks gtcam. 6 huh? To experience this 6 times would be awesome. In NICU finally got to hold and meet her, wow so precious!

View attachment 76906 View attachment 76907
Yep spent the weekend watching two in soccer tournaments. After too many years coaching I get to sit and watch. I do catch myself coaching out loud and always second guessing the refs. My 10 yo granddaughter is a very special player beyond her years. She takes after her mother. Enjoy them whenever you can because they grow up so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom