2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully nothing serious 99.

I had emergency surgery in April for a poorly under diagnosed crohn's (fired my old Dr., with style) critical multi regional infection and inflammation. (Dangerous levels) . My immune system is trashed now for years. Just spent 3 nights in new britian hospital for a bladder infection.. all connected to a trashed immune system. (Boo me,lol) for the dr. And nurses my white blood count Wednesday was something like 27.9.

Reaction Score
I had emergency surgery in April for a poorly under diagnosed crohn's (fired my old Dr., with style) critical multi regional infection and inflammation. (Dangerous levels) . My immune system is trashed now for years. Just spent 3 nights in new britian hospital for a bladder infection.. all connected to a trashed immune system. (Boo me,lol) for the dr. And nurses my white blood count Wednesday was something like 27.9.
Good luck, hope you’re now receiving a high level of medical care.

Reaction Score
@husky99 Sounds like you've been through hell and back. Glad you've now got docs you can trust and have confidence in. Positive attitude combined with medical competence goes a long way towards recovery--Speaking from experience.

On a much lighter note . Good to hear you've got good vibes on SB.. He's a two way baller that could really flourish at UConn under DH.. Getting him on campus after his USC OV is critical.

Stay well.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Absolutely and thanks.. working with a kickass team out of yale.. my surgeon might come to Thanksgiving (my fiance invited her)
Wednesday before Memorial weekend I had severe abdominal pain. Was concerned it was Crohn’s Disease. ER doctor thought my small intestines descended into an inguinal hernia and were strangulated.

The entire team at that hospital were fantastic. The cat scan confirmed the diagnosis. My personal physician received all the information by the next morning, recommended a surgical group who contacted me and I saw them Thursday. Surgery was performed Friday.

Only complication was the need for a catheter because bladder was not pushing out urine post anesthesia.

Unfortunately catheter failed and being a holiday weekend only recourse was to go to ER. Went to the hospital where the surgery was performed and after a three hour wait they examined me and did nothing other than advising to come back if it worsens. Eight hours later the bulb descended further into my urethra. Could feel the bladder distending and surgical site getting painful. Went back to ER at the original hospital that diagnosed my problem. I was in a room in five minutes. They listened to my problem, examined the catheter and agreed it had failed and should be removed. My bladder was functioning and they dismissed me after a short interval of monitoring.

Bottom line is health care is only as good as the people who provide it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Best wishes to get healthy very soon 99! Your Dr should lose his/her practice sorry to hear that.

Reaction Score
Wednesday before Memorial weekend I had severe abdominal pain. Was concerned it was Crohn’s Disease. ER doctor thought my small intestines descended into an inguinal hernia and were strangulated.

The entire team at that hospital were fantastic. The cat scan confirmed the diagnosis. My personal physician received all the information by the next morning, recommended a surgical group who contacted me and I saw them Thursday. Surgery was performed Friday.

Only complication was the need for a catheter because bladder was not pushing out urine post anesthesia.

Unfortunately catheter failed and being a holiday weekend only recourse was to go to ER. Went to the hospital where the surgery was performed and after a three hour wait they examined me and did nothing other than advising to come back if it worsens. Eight hours later the bulb descended further into my urethra. Could feel the bladder distending and surgical site getting painful. Went back to ER at the original hospital that diagnosed my problem. I was in a room in five minutes. They listened to my problem, examined the catheter and agreed it had failed and should be removed. My bladder was functioning and they dismissed me after a short interval of monitoring.

Everyone needs a health advocate, either yourself, spouse/significant other/parent/sibling , etc. You can't depend on physicians, their staff or hospital staff to be as informed as they should be, you need a human gorilla to push as often as needed, otherwise way too often you are counting on a wing and a prayer.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Everyone needs a health advocate, either yourself, spouse/significant other/parent/sibling , etc. You can't depend on physicians, their staff or hospital staff to be as informed as they should be, you need a human gorilla to push as often as needed, otherwise way too often you are counting on a wing and a prayer.
Absolutely. My wife was terrific.

Reaction Score
Middleton is another kid the staff is working hard for. But i her ku leads
not surprising... recruiting guys from kansas, kentucky, or north carolina is always a risky strategy.

Reaction Score

Stay healthy fleudy, damn that was crazy. Glad you’re headed in the right direction!

Reaction Score
Absolutely. My wife was terrific.
Glad you and your wife were able to navigate through the challenges thrown in your way. You would hope that having a proactive advocate shouldn't have to be a prerequisite to receiving excellent medical care from our practitioners.. Unfortunately it is.

Keep the faith-Get well-Enjoy the summer

Reaction Score
Thanks mau. Recovery going well. How is your wife doing?

Thanks for asking she's doing great. Pain free and the hip is wonderful she came back fast amazing stuff for a replacement.

Also became a grampa on Friday as we are on the hospital thing, 6 weeks early beautiful little girl. She's in NICU still but all going good health wise but I have not met this sweet little girl. My wife was able to see her today as well as the other grams. 2 a day now, I get to see and hold little Gracelyn tomorrow and I'm counting the minutes. Bit still, the protocol takes away from the family being able to celebrate such a beautiful thing together, blows!

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Nice to have you back, feel better

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Thanks for asking she's doing great. Pain free and the hip is wonderful she came back fast amazing stuff for a replacement.

Also became a grampa on Friday as we are on the hospital thing, 6 weeks early beautiful little girl. She's in NICU still but all going good health wise but I have not met this sweet little girl. My wife was able to see her today as well as the other grams. 2 a day now, I get to see and hold little Gracelyn tomorrow and I'm counting the minutes. Bit still, the protocol takes away from the family being able to celebrate such a beautiful thing together, blows!
Great news about your wife! Congratulations on your first grandchild!

We were in a similar situation with our son. Wife’s toxemia was getting dangerous so doctor insisted on a c section six weeks early. It wasn’t the best situation. Wife was bed ridden at Torrington Hospital. Son was rushed to NICU at Hartford Hospital. To make matters worse the next day we were celebrating my parents 50th anniversary with over 200 people.

It was an exhausting weekend but when I held my son the first time it was all worth it especially after I got over my fear of dropping him. Give your granddaughter a kiss for me.

Reaction Score

Congrats on your wife's recovery and the new Grand-Bambina.. Grandkids are game-changers.. They will keep you young and laughing/smiling. Enjoy the Ride!

Reaction Score
Great news about your wife! Congratulations on your first grandchild!

We were in a similar situation with our son. Wife’s toxemia was getting dangerous so doctor insisted on a c section six weeks early. It wasn’t the best situation. Wife was bed ridden at Torrington Hospital. Son was rushed to NICU at Hartford Hospital. To make matters worse the next day we were celebrating my parents 50th anniversary with over 200 people.

It was an exhausting weekend but when I held my son the first time it was all worth it especially after I got over my fear of dropping him. Give your granddaughter a kiss for me.

Not sure the kiss will happen with the mask but will be thinking to do so. The situation you speak of almost happened with my sons GF as well but she quickly jumped from 5 to 10cms and delivered before they needed to c section. The BP was an issue as well but all is well as we speak, thanks fleudy and BYers for the well wishes. Can’t wait for the game changing times I hear of Umani :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom