OT: - Solheim Cup Friday...EARLY! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Solheim Cup Friday...EARLY!

Reaction Score
Very disappointing that U.S. couldnt win the Cup back. Especially after building a 4-0 lead. Americans cant close the deal even though they have more talent - 4 years running (3 events).
'More talent?' Why would you say that? It's long been the reality that American media hypes American players, and that's where bettors put their money, but when it comes to the Ryder Cup and the Solheim Cup, that isn't borne out.

It's pretty even, I'd say.

Reaction Score
The reaction by the Euro players and home crowd to Ciganda' winning a full point against Korda and
guaranteeing 14 points was wild and enthusiastic. When Lexi go a full point a few minutes later to get 14
the American players were so subdued...kinda like "OK Lexi...nice job"...as the tie was similar to a kiss
from your sister.

I wonder why they have not set up a tie-breaker over the years? If it is 14-14 then the captains select their most dependable player for sudden death. Super pressure on those 2 players for sure.
Hi, Blake.
Thanks again for this thread.

In response to your last question, you might remember the amazing playoff, I believe lasting six holes, between Ernie Els and Tiger Woods to break a tie in the 2003 President's Cup in South Africa.

Those guys were selected by the respective captains, Nicklaus and Player, and they didn't disappoint, both making several clutch putts before it was finally ended because of darkness.

My take on today? I was impressed by Carlota Ciganda and the Euro team gaining the tie, but disappointed that they took it so much as a victory, which it wasn't.

The Cup is still theirs 'til next year, but the classy thing to do during the closing ceremony would have been to call the Americans up on the stage to share in a celebration of great golf after such a dramatic, well-played competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89
Top Bottom