Softball World Series coming | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Softball World Series coming

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
OU has earned the spot at the top. They are a dynasty just like UConn. There seem to be many similarities in the way the programs are run and the coaching philosophies.

OU is excellence. We should celebrate excellence and not trash it as too many do. Winning should never get old or boring.
To me the difference is that Stewie, Mo and Tuck were extremely likeable even as they stomped their way through 4 back to back titles. IMHO, these Okie kids are pretty off-putting in the way they showboat, celebrate, and seem to lack any graciousness.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
To me the difference is that Stewie, Mo and Tuck were extremely likeable even as they stomped their way through 4 back to back titles. IMHO, these Okie kids are pretty off-putting in the way they showboat, celebrate, and seem to lack any graciousness.

I disagree on the showboat and such. If you don't like showboat you must hate a lot of pro sports. Bas.eball and basketball and football are terrible with their showboating. No class at all.

Stewie, Mo and Morgan were likable for sure. Especially if you are a UConn fan. Our young ladies celebrate their teammates who get a big 3, or a steal and the like.

So why shouldn't the OU players celebrate hits, or great defensive plays or great pitching of their teammates?

Did you notice after the game was over how both FSU and OU were arm and arm is a big circle celebrating each other?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Exactly!!!
From ESPN.com: Sooners coach Patty Gasso heard the breathless questions from reporters and fans: Why do you need that?

Well, she explained during an interview earlier this year, it's simple. She had scholarships available, she said, and why would she go after the second-best player? "That makes no sense," she said. "I go after the best as long as they fit."

Parity isn't her concern.

"Is that good for the game?" Gasso asked. "It's good for job security. It's kind of like UConn women's basketball and winning the championship how many years in a row? And people are like, 'This is boring' or 'This is not good for the women's game to have an elite team.' But it's our job, and I think for sport connoisseurs, they want to see what greatness looks like."

This is the story of how greatness happens -- the players who are drawn to it and the coach who has built a program that has the rest of softball competing for second place.

Reaction Score
I disagree on the showboat and such. If you don't like showboat you must hate a lot of pro sports. Bas.eball and basketball and football are terrible with their showboating. No class at all.

Stewie, Mo and Morgan were likable for sure. Especially if you are a UConn fan. Our young ladies celebrate their teammates who get a big 3, or a steal and the like.

So why shouldn't the OU players celebrate hits, or great defensive plays or great pitching of their teammates?

Did you notice after the game was over how both FSU and OU were arm and arm is a big circle celebrating each other?
Totally agree! I absolutely love this team's energy and passion. The focus they have is on their team and I don't interpret any of their energy as demanding to their opponent.

I'm also grateful to watch this kind of dynasty develop. I think a combination of recruiting and great coaching as well as the culture in Norman makes this team one for the generation and maybe one for the ages.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, the big difference between the current OU softball machine and the UConn dynasty is the transfer portal, and the massive impact it can have on the lack of competitive balance in college sports. I think softball was ahead of the curve compared to hoops when it came to teams reshaping or restocking themselves using the portal.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Jordy Bahl is transferring to Nebraska, the school that first offered her when she was a high school freshman. She is a native of Nebraska.
Let the portal open up...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not Softball but close

@The deacon congratulations to your school for making the CWS for the first time since 1955. Back when you were in school. ;):D Just messing with you. Seriously they have been dominant all year long. Great to see them making it to Omaha. The SEC twitter has been doubting them all year long... Especially the ones from Little Carolina. :rolleyes:

Sadly Duke fell to UVA yesterday in a winner take all game.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I've no love for the Ribeyes, but this is an absolute heartbreaking way to end a season @TheFarmFan

If you want to see soul crushing, take a look at the last inning of game one of that series - it kinda evened out in the end, and just glad the Good Guys came out on top!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom