Softball World Series coming | The Boneyard

Softball World Series coming

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has posted, not looking for a detailed discussion.

In general, pleased to see the PAC 12 has 3 teams in, unfortunately one will be playing OK and the other 2 playing each other. The 2 SEC teams are playing each other as well. Not sorry that UCLA didn't make it.

OK is a reminder of the years that UConn dominated WBB. 6 Natty's, 4 of the last 6 championships if I am counting correctly including the last 2, a record for games won in a row and simply dominance on the field.

Will watch on TV. Have been to 2 in person, the first was 2004 before they had the championship series, and again around 2011 when they did and we didn't stay for it. We had tickets the next year but they had a lot of tornado activity and we didn't go, hope to go again some day. It is huge fun.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was surprised to not see a softball thread going. There was one about UConn softball but nothing carried over when the playoffs started. Oklahoma...wow!! 55-1!? Then over the weekend down by multiple runs, came back to get the win. They are GOOD!

I need to go check out one of these title games one day. I started following softball around 2010 range on TV. Now I am a Gopher Gopher softball season ticket holder. I just love the players in the dugouts energy! The chanting. The dancing. The singing. Then when a player is doing an interview, especially when the interview is on TV, their teammates are doing some of the most hilarious antics! Softball is fun to watch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Crazy neither Arizona or Arizona St. was in the playoffs this year. Has there ever been a season that has happened before? I would doubt it.

Happy Washington made it back to the WCWS after a couple year absence. Utah has played them tough this season, I'm making no prediction how that will go.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was going to start a thread when the tournament began, but procrastinated. After Duke got swept at home in the super regional, i said forget it. :oops:

I cant root for any $EC squad... Can't root for Stanford, Florida State, or Oklahoma.

Lemme root for the Land Grant.. Go Pokes!!!

Reaction Score
It has been some exciting games this series. I was in complete shock when UCLA lost their series.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has posted, not looking for a detailed discussion.

In general, pleased to see the PAC 12 has 3 teams in, unfortunately one will be playing OK and the other 2 playing each other. The 2 SEC teams are playing each other as well. Not sorry that UCLA didn't make it.

OK is a reminder of the years that UConn dominated WBB. 6 Natty's, 4 of the last 6 championships if I am counting correctly including the last 2, a record for games won in a row and simply dominance on the field.

Will watch on TV. Have been to 2 in person, the first was 2004 before they had the championship series, and again around 2011 when they did and we didn't stay for it. We had tickets the next year but they had a lot of tornado activity and we didn't go, hope to go again some day. It is huge fun.
Another reminder of UConn's WBB dominance, Oklahoma has 4 of the top 5 softball consecutive wins streaks, all coming since 2019.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I love girls'/Women's softball. I got hooked watching and supporting my two granddaughters as they played City, AAU, and HS softball.
I even enjoy watching it on TV. I will be watching the regionals and WS final.

Reaction Score
I swear between football, gymnastics, basketball (men's and women's), and now softball, Utah has been pretty darn impressive! Utah is building something special out that way. Way to go, Utah!!
I heard the Utah coach is the son of the Oklahoma coach. True?

Reaction Score
I swear between football, gymnastics, basketball (men's and women's), and now softball, Utah has been pretty darn impressive! Utah is building something special out that way. Way to go, Utah!!
Don't forget skiing! Football and gymnastics (and skiing) have been strong for a long time.

Reaction Score
I heard the Utah coach is the son of the Oklahoma coach. True?
Amy Hogue, Utah Softball coach since '08, inducted into the Utah HOF in '20, starred for the Utes as a player in the early 90's.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Decent womens volleyball program too. They struggled a bit when they first joined the Pac 12, but they have really found their stride. Unfortunately the Pac might cease to exist in the not too distant future.

Reaction Score
Amy Hogue, Utah Softball coach since '08, inducted into the Utah HOF in '20, starred for the Utes as a player in the early 90's.
Maybe I'm thinking of an assistant coach? I heard a guy talking on the radio about it the other day but was only paying about half attention.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't forget skiing! Football and gymnastics (and skiing) have been strong for a long time.
Skiing as well!? Dang! Utah is like that little secret hideaway with all of the goodies. Way to go, Utah!!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford held the mighty Oklahoma offense in check, but couldn't score any runs themselves. 2-0 win for the Sooners.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Weather delays in Game 3, apparently Game 4 between Washington and Utah will not be happening tonight. That didn't take long for the weather to mess up the schedule. Seems like pretty much an annual occurrence at the WCWS.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My Dawgs start off the day with a 4-1 win over Utah. Utes have to play again tonight in a loser out game.

You never know what will happen in any given game. #1-3 hitters combined 1-9. #7 hitter (was #9 most of the season) went 3-3 and drove in 3 of the 4 runs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Furd has ended the Tide's season 2 years in a row now. Probably hoping to avoid the Card in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom