Softball World Series coming | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Softball World Series coming

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the Oklahoma and Tennessee on Saturday.

Reaction Score
The Tennessee coach decides to start a freshman pitcher, who didn't finish the regular season that well, and it cost Tennessee. Lots of controversy about her conceding the game to Oklahoma from Tennessee fans.

Reaction Score
A losers
Home plate ump is calling a great game for OU.
A losers lament. It's always someone else's fault. They're down 5-0 in the third with Oklahoma still batting. Oklahoma will run rule them this game.

Reaction Score
Did the ump interfere with Tennessee's left fielder ?? Dropped a routine fly ball for 2 more runs. Now 7-0
Lol.

Reaction Score

Both of those pitches occurred in the first inning and neither effected the score. It was 0-0 after the first inning. Try again with something relevant. 8-0 now.
Don't worry, you'll only have to watch 5 innings !!!

Reaction Score
The game was lost by Tennessee's choice of starting pitchers (Helped by atrocious play from the Tennessee defense). That is the reason they will lose this game. The umpiring will be a non factor.

Reaction Score
The game was lost by Tennessee's choice of starting pitchers (Helped by atrocious play from the Tennessee defense). That is the reason they will lose this game. The umpiring will be a non factor.
Felt like Karen was throwing in the towel before it even started. But TN just straight up melted last inning

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I foresee a lot of Oklahoma thrashing the rest of the SEC in the near future. Enjoy it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What they basically do to everyone now
It's a little different when they are in your conference. That's gonna be an automatic 3 losses for most of the SEC teams.

Reaction Score
Home plate ump is calling a great game for OU.
I thought the same thing. It looked to me like Pickens had struck out the last three batters in the 2nd and should have been out of the inning with no runs scored. I was wondering if having a left handed catcher somehow threw off the umpire's sense of the strike zone.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Canady is really good. How is she just a freshman? Dawgs score 1 run in their last 2 games, very fitting end to their season. Their big bats did NOTHING in OKC.

Reaction Score
Canady is really good. How is she just a freshman? Dawgs score 1 run in their last 2 games, very fitting end to their season. Their big bats did NOTHING in OKC.
I would consider it a major accomplishment to get to OKC considering they were fortunate to get out of regionals pending that giant last inning comeback.

Reaction Score
Tennessee bounced back nicely against OK State yesterday. Maybe Weekly's strategy will pay off? Now they can throw their other top pitcher at FSU today.

I am interested to see if FSU approaches this game as "pitching by committee" to get to Sandercock to close it out, or if they start Sandercock to try to close out Tennessee so they only have to play once today.

Will also be interesting to see if Oklahoma can make adjustments to hit Canady, although she may not pitch until the middle of the game after shutting out Washington yesterday.

Reaction Score
FSU putting some runs on the board now. Lady Vols look stunned.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
FSU vs. OU. Seems like we've seen this before.

Maybe it's because they've faced really good pitching from Stanford twice, but the Sooners haven't been overwhelming their opponents in OKC (other than Tennessee...). Florida St. also drubbed 1 opponent and did enough to win their other 2 games. I expect OU to win, but not out of the question the Seminoles can beat them.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tough loss for Stanford. Canady did literally everything she could to carry her team through that game. Several opportunities for the Card that were squandered. I hope FSU can keep it competitive. OU has been the cream of the crop for a while now and has the home crowd which gives them a nice boost too.

Reaction Score
I would like to see FSU win to derail the OU juggernaut, but I don't think they can generate enough offense to win a three game series. Alameda does a great job managing the pitching staff so I don't see OU blowing FSU out, but ultimately I think the Sooners have enough pitching and too much offense for the Seminoles. The Seminoles can certainly win a game, but I don't think they can take two.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma is like, "Okay. We will give FSU a 1-run lead. We will get it back"

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
OU has earned the spot at the top. They are a dynasty just like UConn. There seem to be many similarities in the way the programs are run and the coaching philosophies.

OU is excellence. We should celebrate excellence and not trash it as too many do. Winning should never get old or boring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom