So I'm driving to a job site and hear the Suze on the radio... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

So I'm driving to a job site and hear the Suze on the radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mostly fair enough. Where I disagree with you, upstarter, ctmike, jungle, bill and seemingly the majority of the fanbase is your last sentence. Im terrified at the proposition of Warde selecting the next coach. Only time will tell, but I pray your confidence in him is well placed and my instincts are wrong.

I don't think most people think he will choose a bad replacement. They are just mad he hasn't done it yet.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am not scared of Manuel making a hire. I am scared to death of Larry McHugh & BOT limiting his candidate list. I think if you give Manuel a reasonable budget and no limitations, he will find good candidates.

Reaction Score
I am not scared of Manuel making a hire. I am scared to death of Larry McHugh & BOT limiting his candidate list. I think if you give Manuel a reasonable budget and no limitations, he will find good candidates.

Right.

Reaction Score

McHugh can be neutered by a booster. He's stubborn but by far not dumb.

Reaction Score
McHugh can be neutered by a booster. He's stubborn but by far not dumb.

Burton couldn't neuter him the last time around -- although when he wrote The Letter he hadn't figured out Larry/CTHSFB coaches foisted P on Hathaway. Wonder what the Burton/McHugh relationship is like now?

Burton's chest-thumping in that letter is tough to swallow, but it's still an entertaining read.

Reaction Score
Burton couldn't neuter him the last time around -- although when he wrote The Letter he hadn't figured out Larry/CTHSFB coaches foisted P on Hathaway. Wonder what the Burton/McHugh relationship is like now?

Burton's chest-thumping in that letter is tough to swallow, but it's still an entertaining read.

Doesn't have to be Burton...

McHugh is very politically connected and is a survivor. At this point in his career/life, he's no different than other BOT Chairs across the country. They begin to think about their legacy and PP won't be his legacy. Loyalty only goes so far.

Reaction Score
They begin to think about their legacy and PP won't be his legacy.

Hopefully in five-10 years PP is a Dom Perno-like blip and LMcH's legacy is off the hook. But it's resting very comfortably there right now.

Going back to the The Letter: classic line "You hired a coach who only knows CT coaches and players. CT players alone will not put UConn's program where we want it to be".

Reaction Score

And how does anyone even know whether that was a football assessment by Burton, when it could have been about PP's treatment of Burton's son?

Reaction Score
And how does anyone even know whether that was a football assessment by Burton, when it could have been about PP's treatment of Burton's son?

Oh, undoubtedly he was still bitter about that and a major factor in his diatribe. Bob Burton is no angel. But UConn/LMcH/JH forgot the Golden Rule - he who has the gold makes the rules. Not saying that's right, but in this case wish it had been followed.

Reaction Score
Oh, undoubtedly he was still bitter about that and a major factor in his diatribe. Bob Burton is no angel. But UConn/LMcH/JH forgot the Golden Rule - he who has the gold makes the rules. Not saying that's right, but in this case wish it had been followed.

T. Boone Pickens he ain't. No one is handing over the keys for $3 m.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

i actually had never read that letter but burton sounds like an absolute boss

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Haven't read that in a while. He comes across as an arrogant ... Who happens to be 100% correct.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Haven't read that in a while. He comes across as an arrogant ... Who happens to be 100% correct.
Yeah, reading that again, I'm nodding my head, nodding my head, then wincing at lines like "... my personal friend Dr. Billy Graham...", then nodding my head again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom