Slamming the ball automatic T? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Slamming the ball automatic T?

Reaction Score
When the going is tough the tough get going. Didn't see that from UConn.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m shocked the refs didn’t go to the monitor to see how high it went

I don’t think they have a camera for how high that ball went.

I’ve talked to other refs about this at lower levels and the rule of thumb was basically slamming the ball over your head

I’ve t’d up a 10 year old because he spiked the ball and almost put it into the damn basketball.

Jackson’s went way higher than that.

This was an easy t.

If he grabs it and doesn’t let it bounce off the damn ceiling it’s almost certainly not a t.

the Q

Reaction Score
So here’s a question for you. If Jackson slams the ball like he did, but actually stops it from going 10 feet in the air (I.e a hard dribble that he catches at eye height) is it still a T? Why or why not? If the answer is no, what’s the difference? It happens all the time and is never called. This was one with 40 seconds left the refs have to just let go

Probably not a t imo

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not sure what you guys are talking about. He spiked the ball to the moon. Clear technical foul.
That old devil moon!

I thought of it more like an emphatic bounce by an Olympic caliber athlete.

the Q

Reaction Score
It was impressive how effortless that looked to spike the ball to the damn moon.

Usually it takes a much more demonstrative effort to launch the ball like thatv

Reaction Score
In the end, it is up to the discretion of the ref. Hopefully, Jackson and the team learns to never give the ref a reason to T you up like he was.

I do agree with the swearing. It allowed more and more. Let's stop expecting or demanding less of athletes. I tired of it as well as the taunting. I don't mind players celebrating with each other or staring down the fans, but a few games ago I remember a player deliberately looking for the UConn player (I think it was Martin) to move towards him and stare him down. If there's any doubt, don't call it, but if it is obvious, then blow the whistle.

the Q

Reaction Score
In the end, it is up to the discretion of the ref. Hopefully, Jackson and the team learns to never give the ref a reason to T you up like he was.

I do agree with the swearing. It allowed more and more. Let's stop expecting or demanding less of athletes. I tired of it as well as the taunting. I don't mind players celebrating with each other or staring down the fans, but a few games ago I remember a player deliberately looking for the UConn player (I think it was Martin) to move towards him and stare him down. If there's any doubt, don't call it, but if it is obvious, then blow the whistle.

Yeah you gotta stop taunting asap.

Celebrating with teammates or fans are totally different for sure

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom