Slamming the ball automatic T? | The Boneyard

Slamming the ball automatic T?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The announcers, who did an admirable job considering this was their first time watching a basketball game, said its a rule that when you slam the ball it’s an automatic T?

It is absolutely not. Happens multiple times a game. Unfortunately for Andre it hit the angle of the banner board and the floor and went straight up. Need to be more composed obviously but I don’t think the T was justifiable. Refs so sensitive they assumed he was mad at a call.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I haven't seen the official wording on it, but in this case Jackson really didn't "slam" the ball, which I think is a little more egregious, rather he swatted the ball downward in frustration. Assuming calling a technical foul on that is at the referee's discretion, I think he should have let it go. He didn't do anything directed at a referee or other player. If anything, you could say he was frustrated with himself for committing a foul. Either way, I think that's a non-call.

The thing is, for these whistle-happy referees, calling a technical foul was consistent with the way they called the game all night.

Reaction Score
The announcers, who did an admirable job considering this was their first time watching a basketball game, said its a rule that when you slam the ball it’s an automatic T?

It is absolutely not. Happens multiple times a game. Unfortunately for Andre it hit the angle of the banner board and the floor and went straight up. Need to be more composed obviously but I don’t think the T was justifiable. Refs so sensitive they assumed he was mad at a call.
World is soft right now

Reaction Score
Basketball is such a physical and emotional sport so the fact these kids aren’t allowed to do just that, show emotion is stupid. They aren’t robots. Refs were horrendous all night. And Polley got murdered on that block sequence and no foul.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a weak T but it gets called often enough that I wasn't mad. Not a game we deserved to win with how we played though so it is what it is

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Refs desperately want to be the show sometimes

Reaction Score

Just a player acting like his coach. Can’t keep his emotions in check.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not sure what you guys are talking about. He spiked the ball to the moon. Clear technical foul.
As players often do out of frustration with themselves. Don’t really see it called a t when it’s not about a call.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Not sure what you guys are talking about. He spiked the ball to the moon. Clear technical foul.

Now they have height limitations?

They call it every time, except when they don’t call it.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It was a tough call to swallow, but the right call unfortunately. Jackson has to be more poised that was tough mental lapse that killed our momentum. Maybe not as much as missing every 3 out of 4 layups as a team but definitely hurt us. Hurley's T was at a bad time too.

Reaction Score
So here’s a question for you. If Jackson slams the ball like he did, but actually stops it from going 10 feet in the air (I.e a hard dribble that he catches at eye height) is it still a T? Why or why not? If the answer is no, what’s the difference? It happens all the time and is never called. This was one with 40 seconds left the refs have to just let go

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom