she's baaaaaaaack | Page 2 | The Boneyard

she's baaaaaaaack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SHE.... KML.... Is the Superstar! She is the one people should be paying attention to!

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Kara had a good line, something like, when do you decide she ought to be guarded, after 0ne... or ...two... or three...or...
If ND and UConn meet in the NCAA's, Muffet is unlikely to make the same mistake that "coach" P. did (over and over and over). Kaleena will have to work a lot harder to get an open look. Tonight it seemed her 'work' entailed drifting alone to the baseline behind the 3-pt line.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If ND and UConn meet in the NCAA's, Muffet is unlikely to make the same mistake that "coach" P. did (over and over and over). Kaleena will have to work a lot harder to get an open look. Tonight it seemed her 'work' entailed drifting alone to the baseline behind the 3-pt line.
Let me know when she figures out how to guard Stewart.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Let me know when she figures out how to guard Stewart.
Pithy answer, but fairly inaccurate. Obviously Stewart burned ND in the NCAA's last season, but ND bottled her up pretty well before that game. In the 3 previous games vs. Notre Dame, these are Breanna's average numbers:

Minutes: 33+ (don't know how many minutes she played in 3 OT game in South Bend, as it's listed as 40+)
FG: 4.3/12.7 (34%)
3-pt FG 0/3.7 (0%)
Reb: 5.7
Ast: 0.7
TO: 3.7

Including her sensational playoff performance (game #4)

Minutes: 33.5+
FG: 5.75/13.5 (43%)
3-pt FG 1.0/4.0 (25%)
Ast: 0.8
TO: 3.0

I hope UConn and ND meet in the NCAA's so we can see if Muffet has figured out a way to limit Stewart, but she did pretty well in 75% of the games (though Breanna shot well in game 3 as well).

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
UConn is potentially a much more polished team than the one that walloped ND in the semi-final
ND seems better also, just not near better enough.

Reaction Score
Pithy answer, but fairly inaccurate. Obviously Stewart burned ND in the NCAA's last season, but ND bottled her up pretty well before that game. In the 3 previous games vs. Notre Dame, these are Breanna's average numbers:

Minutes: 33+ (don't know how many minutes she played in 3 OT game in South Bend, as it's listed as 40+)
3-pt FG 0/3.7 (0%)

3-pt FG 1.0/4.0 (25%)

I hope UConn and ND meet in the NCAA's so we can see if Muffet has figured out a way to limit Stewart, but she did pretty well in 75% of the games (though Breanna shot well in game 3 as well).
Muffett is now 11-30? vs UConn? Yep, has Geno all figured out.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

3-pt FG 0/3.7 (0%)

3-pt FG 1.0/4.0 (25%)

The reality is that Stewart stopped Stewart in those first 3 games, not Ariel Braker. When Stewart got her head straight and her confidence back, beginning in the 2nd half of the Big East Tournament, Notre Dame had no answer for her. Braker is not up to guarding Stewart all over the court and Reimer is even less capable of doing so.

Rich Elliott ‏@elliottctpost 5m
.@CoachPDuke on @bre_stewart30: ``I thought (No.) 30 showed why she's the best player in the country.’’ #UConn #bleedblue

Reaction Score
How did a thread about KML turn into something about Muffett and Stewart? Let KML have her thread! 7 for 11 in her first game back. Stewart was 8 for 18, and only scored three more points.... Had 6 free throws and played more minutes. Thus KML is the one we should focus on

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How did a thread about KML turn into something about Muffett and Stewart? Let KML have her thread! 7 for 11 in her first game back. Stewart was 8 for 18, and only scored three more points.... Had 6 free throws and played more minutes. Thus KML is the one we should focus on
It's The Boneyard way.

Reaction Score
How did a thread about KML turn into something about Muffett and Stewart?
The same way we had to hear Doris drone on about Notre Dame this and Notre Dame that, a team that's ranked whatever, during a #1 vs. #2 match up.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How often do the fans of other teams get tired of hearing her prattle on about UCONN?

I, actually, thought she did less of it last night than usual.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I take full responsibility for that. And I apologize to KML. She was amazing last night and deserved her own thread.

I just wanted to point out to the ND fan that even if McGraw figures out how to defend KML she would still have to contend with Stewart.

Choke really choked on that one.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The same way we had to hear Doris drone on about Notre Dame this and Notre Dame that, a team that's ranked whatever, during a #1 vs. #2 match up.

In a way, I thought that was an attempt to salvage a narrative for the entire WCBB season. ESPN (and every other broadcaster, & non-UConn scribe) does not want their audience (in December, for goodness' sake!) to lose interest in the season. "UConn's gonna win anyway, and, it ain't even gonna be close: boring!"

Duke was supposed to be the "white knight", the "noble underdog challenger". They folded like a bad poker hand. Tennessee won't play us, and, it's not the same narrative without Pat. Stanford got whupped, Maryland got whupped, Baylor lost She Who Could Not Be Beat, Louisville gets creamed by UConn. The only team left that has a history of success against UConn is ND .

In the last 4 years, that was a regular, reliable rivalry, with 15 meetings, with tremendous drama and competition. Lots of great television, reams of pithy commentary and quotes. This year? Until the NCAA tourney, the only story line is UConn's invincibility - a storyline that has already been told, repeatedly.

The talking heads and faceless scribes are desperate to find something new that will engage their audience.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Count me among those who are astonished that her shot is that accurate in such a big game after such a long layoff.
Agreed.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Wow, no mention of the defensive job that KML did on Liston? Liston was pretty effective at the start of the game, getting the better of Bria Hartley. KML came in, and shut her down. In the post game interview, KML seemed prouder of her defense than her offense. Signs of a great player.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Alum we were waiting on you to chime in... thanks

Reaction Score
It was great to see a player come back from injury and play at the highest level so quickly. As a fan of one of your opponents, it was also frightening.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and her nickname is "K" according to Geno (Duke post-game interview)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I agree, that moment was excellent analysis…but the basic calling of the game was dreadful; so many digressions…
How about the rudimentary things: who is coming in and going out; who is the foul on? What just happened?…Yuck.

I agree they were weak on identifying who was going in and out.

However, there was one point when their digression made a point;

They spent some time discussing whether Notre Dame could give UConn a game. My thought at the moment - you gotta know you're in trouble when you are the number 3 team in the country, playing the #1 team, and the announcers aren't talking about you, they are musing about who could give UConn a game.

HGN

Reaction Score
nice to see the crazies harassing her too
DaddyChoc, I noticed that too along the sidelines once when she was taking the ball out.........They were haggling and doing their 'hex' signals. I guess they hadn't paid their bills because the signals never got transmitted to KML as she continued to light the Dukies up.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
What a joy to see KML return and set a personal record for threes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom