she's baaaaaaaack | The Boneyard

she's baaaaaaaack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great game by KML, but atrocious defense on her by Duke. How do you consistently leave her unguarded at the 3 line???

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
with a vengance :)

glad to see no lingering ill effects - very good sign for the team, very bad sign for the rest of the NCAA

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Count me among those who are astonished that her shot is that accurate in such a big game after such a long layoff. After the game, Geno said that he wasn't sure UConn would have won if she hadn't been back in the lineup, and I think that is correct.

How did she ever regain her shooting touch with such a limited amount of time to practice jump shooting, and certainly with some lingering soreness in her elbow?

Reaction Score
What Duke did on offense had a lot to do with UConn's turnovers, not caused by Duke but by themselves. Play a cleaner game with a completely healthy roster and it could have been a whole lot uglier.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
UConn wins by 22, KML scores 21, coincidence?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
nice to see the crazies harassing her too

Reactions: HGN

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
#23 on her towel... the mascara wasn't running, great show by KML

Reaction Score
Deadly shooter. What I noticed was that on many of her 3s, Duke was doubling underneath--Dolson should get some assists.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kara had a good line, something like, when do you decide she ought to be guarded, after 0ne... or ...two... or three...or...

True, but because of the zone defense McCallie insists on playing, the defenders are forced to pick their poison. I mentioned during the OK game that Duke's zone has never been effective against UConn because UConn has playmakers (with size) who are capable of making plays in the middle of the zone (Stewie and Dolson). Attacking in the middle, terrific floor spacing and the inability of Duke's defenders to close out on shooters (true year after year) resulted in KML being open on the wing and in the corner. We've seen this movie before.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Doris and ESPN did a really good job of breaking down a couple of the plays that resulted in KML being wide open, focusing on Stef in the paint taking up two players and then the crisp passing around to find the open shooter as Duke struggled to get back to their men. One of the better bits of in game analysis I have seen.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Doris and ESPN did a really good job of breaking down a couple of the plays that resulted in KML being wide open, focusing on Stef in the paint taking up two players and then the crisp passing around to find the open shooter as Duke struggled to get back to their men. One of the better bits of in game analysis I have seen.

I agree, that moment was excellent analysis…but the basic calling of the game was dreadful; so many digressions…
How about the rudimentary things: who is coming in and going out; who is the foul on? What just happened?…Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom