Seattle Wins Breanna Stewart | The Boneyard

Seattle Wins Breanna Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The wait is over for Stewie.

Sue, KML, and Stewie! And Loyd. WIll Lauren return for next year. Wow!

And, I guess this means MoJeff will be returning to Texas.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Who got second pick?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Stewart and Loyd together in Seattle, along with KML. That will be a much better team next year.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Thanks. Couldn['t find a link.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Seattle got the best case scenario. If no underclass players had come out, they could have taken KML #1 this year. Instead they got Loyd and KML. And now Stewart.

It's almost like 3 #1 overall picks.

Seattle will have Stewart and Loyd. San Antonio could have K-Mac and Jefferson. Amusing.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The Seattle vs LA games just got more interesting.

HGN

Reaction Score
The wait is over for Stewie.

Sue, KML, and Stewie! And Loyd. WIll Lauren return for next year. Wow!

And, I guess this means MoJeff will be returning to Texas.
Did anybody tell Stewie where she would be going? She said she wasn't going to watch because she would be looking at Grey's Anatomy.:)

Reaction Score
Did anybody tell Stewie where she would be going? She said she wasn't going to watch because she would be looking at Grey's Anatomy.:)
Her parents probably texted her ...I'm sure they were hoping it would have been the Sun or the Dream. Seattle is long way to go for a basketball game. Of course, so is Rio ! :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting choices for San Antonio - they really need length more than a point guard or a shooting guard - does somebody that wants either make a trade up?

Reaction Score
Interesting choices for San Antonio - they really need length more than a point guard or a shooting guard - does somebody that wants either make a trade up?
Yeah, most importantly, SA also has Danielle Robinson (who is relatively young). If Robinson can guard 2's, then a Jefferson/Robinson back court could be amazing. I do think Jefferson will be a better pro than Robinson, but probably not in her first year or two...

What about #2 (Jefferson) for Nneka Ogwumike? LA needs a real PG, and playing Parker/Ogwumike/Lavender together just doesn't cut it. Sophia Young just retired, so SA will need a 4.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yeah, most importantly, SA also has Danielle Robinson (who is relatively young). If Robinson can guard 2's, then a Jefferson/Robinson back court could be amazing. I do think Jefferson will be a better pro than Robinson, but probably not in her first year or two...

What about #2 (Jefferson) for Nneka Ogwumike? LA needs a real PG, and playing Parker/Ogwumike/Lavender together just doesn't cut it. Sophia Young just retired, so SA will need a 4.
Makes sense. Mo would be in a big media market. Would bring Nneka back to her home state. Doubt that that is a consideration, but sayin'.

Reaction Score
The ironic thing here is that Jewell Loyd declared early to get the chance of being first because she was always second to Stewie or at least that's what it seemed like. And now she's gonna be second again because Stewie is gonna be the catalyst for the Storm next year lol

Reaction Score
Just wondering ...has any WNBA team ever had ROY for two consecutive years? :p

Reaction Score
I kind of wanted to see San Antonio get the 1st pick as they have been such a solid franchise, but they've never had a true superstar player of the type that wins WNBA championships.

But Seattle is a good fit for Breanna as well and it will greatly help Kaleena by slotting her and Loyd into more natural offensive roles on the WNBA level. And Moriah has a chance to play in Texas, which I think will ultimately happen because Moriah is so much more dynamic than any other candidate. Robinson is there already, but she used to share the backcourt with Becky Hammon so they could still be a point guard tandem that also plays minutes together.

The bad apart is that the the WNBA draft scenario means that this is yet another year that adds to the talent disparity between the Western and Eastern conferences. The NBA has the same problem, but it is more pronounced in a 12 team league. With only 12 teams I wish they would just eliminate the conferences. It's the only way to break the cycle and would have the added benefit of the two best teams actually meeting in the WNBA Finals far more often.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The ironic thing here is that Jewell Loyd declared early to get the chance of being first because she was always second to Stewie or at least that's what it seemed like. And now she's gonna be second again because Stewie is gonna be the catalyst for the Storm next year lol
Did she ever actually say anything remotely related to that? To me it seems so surprising that she would forego her last year of college because she didn't want to be 2nd to Stewie.

I mean I know UCONN fans sort of would like to think that, and we KNOW that the world of basketball really does revolve around Storrs, but I'd be very surprised if that played into her decision, even a little bit...

Then again, I'm constantly amazed and surprised every day so... who knows?!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Did she ever actually say anything remotely related to that? To me it seems so surprising that she would forego her last year of college because she didn't want to be 2nd to Stewie.

I mean I know UCONN fans sort of would like to think that, and we KNOW that the world of basketball really does revolve around Storrs, but I'd be very surprised if that played into her decision, even a little bit...

isnt it crazy that some would suggest that... Loyd didnt want to be 2nd smh

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I'm sure it played into her decision somewhat. Be #1 draft choice or #2? Why not if you have the choice, be #1.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr006

Reaction Score
Nor does she like the playoffs...

This happened when she won her much-heralded championship (Seattle had the #1 picks back to back then also)... maybe they'll take her back?

Bad mojo at Mohegan these past few years... they need to burn some more incense there...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The bad apart is that the the WNBA draft scenario means that this is yet another year that adds to the talent disparity between the Western and Eastern conferences. The NBA has the same problem, but it is more pronounced in a 12 team league. With only 12 teams I wish they would just eliminate the conferences. It's the only way to break the cycle and would have the added benefit of the two best teams actually meeting in the WNBA Finals far more often.

By my math, the Eastern Conference was 46-26 against the West this year, so I don't know that there's a talent disparity. Minnesota and Phoenix are great but it drops off pretty quickly after that. Granted Taurasi sat out, Parker sat out part of the year, and Diggins tore her ACL, so that played into it, but I don't think it explains all of that advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom