Score predictions for tonight | The Boneyard

Score predictions for tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are you folks thinking? Who wins it? Margin? And why....if expounding on the "why" of your predictions would interest you; feel pretty sure it would interest Yarders. Go Huskies!

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
They don't have Griner anymore (the last time we lost to them I believe she was a force) but they do have Brown and she is playing as good as anyone in America right now. If Brown continues her dominance on the boards as well as put up points like she has been I can see this as another Baylor win. +12

If Huskies can stay out of foul trouble I can see our guards taking over the game. I think we might see Gabby playing more of a guard position tonight. If anyone is under the basket I'd imagine it would be Natalie as Collier and Williams are just too "small" under the basket against Baylor bigs.

Don't expect the scores to be too high, I'm guessing in the 60s at max

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Baylor 74
UCONN 67

I think UCONN will have a tough time due to our size. Not sure how we stop their bigs. Our turnovers were a concern against a very athletic FSU team, and I don't think Baylor is any less athletic or intense. However, Kim may wear an outfit so god-awful that it could distract her team and we could pull off a surprise win! ;)

Reaction Score
I'll be happy if we're within 20 or so of them. Going to take that position on several upcoming games regardless of the outcome of this one. Just keep it close, ladies, and take notes.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Baylor 75 UConn 63. Baylor has too much size. Expect UConn to play better then they did at FSU, but won't be able to stop Baylor from dominating the boards.

Reaction Score
Just in from working outside until well after dark - first chance to check here - see that three of the last four have the Huskies on top. Another comeback in the making!?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Uconn 78 Baylor 67

Are you Uconn Fans?? Why the losing scores--. Remember you can be REAL tomorrow but tonight this team needs your support..
My predicting a loss has zero to do with supporting the team. Heck, I went to Istanbul to see Team USA play and the only reason was because there were so many UCONN alums on the team. I come back to Connecticut from California every spring in March or April to see the team play in either their tourney, or in the regionals. I've been a HUGE UCONN fan since college. I can still root for them big time, and predict that they will lose. Don't you think Geno believes they will lose as well?

Reaction Score
By spreading the floor and driving to the hoop frequently, UConn gets Brown and the Baylor bigs in foul trouble and pulls out another close one. I also see them scoring more than UCLA did---82-73 Huskies.

Reaction Score
My predicting a loss has zero to do with supporting the team. Heck, I went to Istanbul to see Team USA play and the only reason was because there were so many UCONN alums on the team. I come back to Connecticut from California every spring in March or April to see the team play in either their tourney, or in the regionals. I've been a HUGE UCONN fan since college. I can still root for them big time, and predict that they will lose. Don't you think Geno believes they will lose as well?

Actually I don't believes Geno thinks in terms of losing--until he is losing.
I personally see no benefit in taking the 'negative" approach, when it doesn't cost one cent to believe Uconn shall win.

I don't deny you are a fan--you've shown it in many ways---
My point is why lose until you lose.
If being a realist is important to you---be one tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Actually I don't believes Geno thinks in terms of losing--until he is losing.
I personally see no benefit in taking the 'negative" approach, when it doesn't cost one cent to believe Uconn shall win.

I don't deny you are a fan--you've shown it in many ways---
My point is why lose until you lose.
If being a realist is important to you---be one tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Two keys for me: I think if Uconn can get through the first quarter without any major mistakes, it will give them the confidence to hang tough during the game. Next, If they are able to knock down outside shots and pull the bigs away from the basket, they can negate the size of Baylor. Those are two things that I think will help Uconn position themselves to win a close game. Not sure how they will do playing from behind. Predicting a single digit loss but hoping for a W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom