Saylor is coming!!! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Saylor is coming!!!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Excuse my ignorance...here...but, I have a question. Given that Saylor is a sharpshooting 3 point player and that she may given 4 and half seasons of play and possibly more games than her predecessors...If she breaks the three point scoring record at UConn will there be an asterisk next to her record?

Reaction Score
I watch a ton of women's basketball not that there are so few options. That includes WBB games this season, FIBA games, and 3x3. A saw 3x3 games with CW before she came to UConn and she was a good slasher and to the rim type but has never been a great outside shooter. Now that we know Saylor is coming I wonder if the benching of CW in the last game was a warning shot across the bow. Get the energy up, the moodiness down or lose playing time. I hope not be it does make me wonder.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Excuse my ignorance...here...but, I have a question. Given that Saylor is a sharpshooting 3 point player and that she may given 4 and half seasons of play and possibly more games than her predecessors...If she breaks the three point scoring record at UConn will there be an asterisk next to her record?
No asterisk will be necessary in the record book (media guide) really. A separate section of the media guide will simply point out that Saylor played in more games than KML. A different section will also list 3PT FG% which is probably a better stat if you want to compare two players.

Reaction Score
That’s certainly a possibility. On the other with all the starts and stops this season, UConn does not have the continuity and consistency necessary to make a run during the Big Dance, assuming WBB gets to a Big Dance. Right now Geno needs his starters and key reserves to get as many minutes playing together as possible.

A lack of continuity and consistency has been a theme throughout wbb this season. Should produce an interesting tournament with upsets.

Reaction Score
Wait.... I did not read all these messages and maybe I should have.... but does this mean she will graduate with Paige, or will she be able to play 4.5 years and graduate with Azzi? There is all this talk about her getting extra time to set the 3 point record.... my understanding is that she would actually lose 1/2 year playing time.......

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Wait.... I did not read all these messages and maybe I should have.... but does this mean she will graduate with Paige, or will she be able to play 4.5 years and graduate with Azzi? There is all this talk about her getting extra time to set the 3 point record.... my understanding is that she would actually lose 1/2 year playing time.......
Hmmm. Maybe you should read the thread.....

Reaction Score
Honestly, who has time for that.... besides... do people actually know or just speculate which is a big thing here......

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Honestly, who has time for that.... besides... do people actually know or just speculate which is a big thing here......
2020-21 season per NCAA is a 'free season' for all participants in terms of eligibility. Paige for example could play this whole season and still have 4 years of eligibility left. Same will hold true for Saylor and anyone else who plays at any time this year.

Reaction Score
Wow great addition. So let me get this straight, this is her senior year, and she is eligible to play this year is that right.

Reaction Score

Thanks for grounding this "flight of fancy" thread. Try walking into a calculus class midway through the year and you get an idea of what SP faces in practice. And while her head start may prove beneficial to her and the team she is really just 4 months ahead of when freshmen normally report in May.
I would be shocked if she averaged even 5 minutes/game this season and even more shocked if she gets into the first 39 minutes of any tournament game.
And it has nothing to do with her talent. Geno is not going to slow down practices like he might in October.
I'd love to see her sink a few bomb threes this season but to me, this is similar to auditing a super tough class a semester before you take it for credit. She will be dealing with conditioning, strength training, individual skill training and the transition from HS to college academics and doing it in this current environment.
Taking minutes from others? Come on.

Reaction Score
While SP has the range and ability to make some 3s, she'll need to make them at a decent percentage. If not, she won't be taking a lot of fallaway 22 footers in UConn's offense.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm gonna speculate that someone here knows and that you want to.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Thanks for grounding this "flight of fancy" thread. Try walking into a calculus class midway through the year and you get an idea of what SP faces in practice. And while her head start may prove beneficial to her and the team she is really just 4 months ahead of when freshmen normally report in May.
I would be shocked if she averaged even 5 minutes/game this season and even more shocked if she gets into the first 39 minutes of any tournament game.
And it has nothing to do with her talent. Geno is not going to slow down practices like he might in October.
I'd love to see her sink a few bomb threes this season but to me, this is similar to auditing a super tough class a semester before you take it for credit. She will be dealing with conditioning, strength training, individual skill training and the transition from HS to college academics and doing it in this current environment.
Taking minutes from others? Come on.
If she can knock down 4 to 6 threes a game, then Geno would put her in for some minutes when Anna, Evina, or even CW needs a rest. She has proven to be able to hit them from long range, plus is one of the top all around players in the 21 class of Freshman. Who currently on this team could Geno put in for 3 point shots off of the bench, maybe Nika, but not Aubrey, Mir, Piath, Aaliyah. I say by Tournament time she will be far enough along to be put into those few minutes of rest for the other 3 point shooters, other than Paige.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If she can knock down 4 to 6 threes a game, then Geno would put her in for some minutes when Anna, Evina, or even CW needs a rest. She has proven to be able to hit them from long range, plus is one of the top all around players in the 22 class of Freshman. Who currently on this team could Geno put in for 3 point shots off of the bench, maybe Nika, but not Aubrey, Mir, Piath, Aaliyah. I say by Tournament time she will be far enough along to be put into those few minutes of rest for the other 3 point shooters, other than Paige.
If she can knock down 4-6 threes per game Geno would be crazy not to start her and he'd never take her out.

think winnie the pooh GIF

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Saylor's pull-up jumper looks AWESOME! .. as good as Paige's jumper?
She does have a really nice release. In fact, when you consider that Azzi, Saylor & Caroline are all part of the same recruiting class, it could well become the greatest shooting class in the history of UConn WBB, and oh by the way, Amari shoots it pretty well for a Big.

Reaction Score
Did Paige's family definitely relocate to Maryland or were they just here for the summer visiting the Fudd's? I was never quite clear on that. If that is the case then yes, there are four from the DMV at UConn, although Paige didn't play her high school ball in Maryland.

I might speculate that Brenda is shaking her head ruefully....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If she can knock down 4-6 threes per game Geno would be crazy not to start her and he'd never take her out.

think winnie the pooh GIF
You stole my post. If you average that and are tough defensively you're borderline AA.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Did her family definitely relocate to Maryland or were they just here for the summer visiting the Fudd's? I was never quite clear on that.
Her family lives in Western, MD, about a 2-hr drive from the Fudds.

Reaction Score

All of the players on this year's roster could theoretically play five full seasons, so there is a bigger issue.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She does have a really nice release. In fact, when you consider that Azzi, Saylor & Caroline are all part of the same recruiting class, it could well become the greatest shooting class in the history of UConn WBB, and oh by the way, Amari shoots it pretty well for a Big.
No class is ever going to beat the TASS force for FG accuracy. Not with Sue at 45% career deep shooter and Tamika at 70% from close in.

Reaction Score
What I like about SP's release is that there's no hesitation or conscience involved. Best way to shoot. Caroline Ducharme shoots it the same way. And Fudd is a different level.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom