Saturday Sweet 16 games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Saturday Sweet 16 games

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looks like fried chicken might be on the menu here in the coliseum :eek:. Lawd hammercy

Reaction Score
Man this could get ugly quick

Baylor seems to pass the ball so much better this year.

Reaction Score
South Carolina rn

undertaker-sitting-up.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Baylor is very good on offense, but their defense is simply superlative. This is the best defensive team in WCBB since the Stewie era.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
SCAR is 0-7 from outside. The only way you beat Baylor is taking (and making) frequent treys. If they can sag on D it blocks the lanes, and their bigs are too much for most teams inside. They are just too talented on defense to work your way inside with regularity. And SCAR doesn't have the personnel to stop them in the paint on the other end. Baylor has only taken three outside shots.

ETA: Baylor and Louisville both got a little lucky with their #4 Sweet Sixteen matchups. I think SCAR would have posed much greater problems for Louisville and OSU (at least the version that used to make a lot of treys) would have given Baylor a much better fight. Both of those matchups were especially ideal for the #1 seeds.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Man Baylors guards are even shot blocking machines
They're a very lengthy team - their guards almost play more like small forwards. You need a lot of ball movement on offense to find an opening and then knock down some treys. SCAR isn't doing that very well.

Reaction Score
Impressive half for Baylor

I know they have a history of choking these last few years but this team just seems different. Time will tell.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Impressive half for Baylor

I know they have a history of choking these last few years but this team just seems different. Time will tell.
Very hard to see them choking this one away. This is the first time since 2013 that they've been the #1 overall seed, they'll next play the clearly weakest #2 seed, and they have the perfect personnel to contain Gustafson while making life hard for Davis, Doyle and Meyer.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Those of you at the game, how does the crowd break down? Did South Carolina travel well?
Fair; not as well as I would like. I think the fence sitters knew the type of game it would be. I don’t care how much we’re overmatched, I’ll be there. Luckily, we have help on the way. Laeticia and Aliyah will give us size next season. I think Laeticia is taller than listed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Regarding Iowa's Elite 8 run:

First Big 10 team in the Elite 8 since Maryland's 2014 Final Four run (in their inaugural Big 10 year).
First "legacy" Big 10 team in the Elite 8 since Purdue in 2009 (lost to Oklahoma).

Reaction Score
Very hard to see them choking this one away. This is the first time since 2013 that they've been the #1 overall seed, they'll next play the clearly weakest #2 seed, and they have the perfect personnel to contain Gustafson while making life hard for Davis, Doyle and Meyer.
I will be rooting for Iowa because if we do get to FF Baylor would be a nightmare. SC is not bad but they just do not match well against Baylor. For a WBB fan viewpoint, I really want to see a MSST Baylor match but as a MSST fan, NO WAY!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Greetings from Greensboro!

I was impressed with how Iowa was able to mentally stay in it for stretches when MG was a non-factor. It didn’t happen so much when they were in conference play, and after the Missouri game, I was worried.

Baylor is just putting on a clinic. I wish I could have more to say, but we were sitting amongst the most obnoxious SC fans who didn’t seem to actually know much about basketball. I’m sure some of them are wonderful, but the combination of the blowout and the terrible fans sitting near us led to an early exit.

I’m excited for Monday — I think it’ll be interesting to see how MG stacks up against Baylor.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure if Baylor has attempted more than 2 or 3 three point shots all day. But it's not like they needed to in this game

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They just announced the attendance.. 6,544. That's not too too bad. Monday night's attendance will be interesting.. With two teams 1,000 miles away from greensboro

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So...Mulkey is a grandmother? I can't quite tell. I mean it's nice, but there are literally millions of grandmothers in the world. Including probably some other basketball coaches. Not sure it's really newsworthy.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Tara seems relaxed. She's been holding court with Mowins and Antonelli for 5-10 minutes.

Now Mabrey1 slid in for a selfie with Beth and Debbie.

20190330_144232.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom