Saturday PC game is officially postponed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saturday PC game is officially postponed

Reaction Score
stumbles out of bed, fires up the puter, and is greeted by this news....
cheez and crackers! can't we even have one day to bask in the glow?
goes back to bed, hopes that the dream with dancing girls and ribeye steaks reappears....
I am convinced that Chapavaug (or whatever that guy’s handle was), who always posted those incoherent/indecipherable rants about Ollie… lives on in @ClifSpliffy

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Looking at both schedules idk if there is a common date that is going to work for a make-up of this one that fits the BE parameters (no more than 3 in 1 week and no back-to-back) without moving games.

Going to be really frustrating if a seeding tie breaker in the Big East goes to PC because they own the H2H win and we never got the chance to return them the favor at the Dunk.

Hope the schedule wizards can find a date to make this happen.

Reaction Score
Looking at both schedules idk if there is a common date that is going to work for a make-up of this one that fits the BE parameters (no more than 3 in 1 week and no back-to-back) without moving games.

Going to be really frustrating if a seeding tie breaker in the Big East goes to PC because they own the H2H win and we never got the chance to return them the favor at the Dunk.

Let them take the H2H regular season tie breaker. We will embarrass them in the BET if we play them.

Reaction Score

February 3 is the only date that works for both teams

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Yeah it would be frustrating, but it’s not like we’re Josh Allen to their Pat Mahomes here. We stunk up our own joint in that game after puffing up our chests, and we would have only ourselves to blame if that ends up being the deciding factor.

Let them take the H2H regular season tie breaker. We will embarrass them in the BET if we play them.
I’d settle for a one-point win; the last time folks here were talking big before we played them it didn’t turn out too well for us.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Yeah it would be frustrating, but it’s not like we’re Josh Allen to their Pat Mahomes here. We stunk up our own joint in that game after puffing up our chests, and we would have only ourselves to blame if that ends up being the deciding factor.

I’d settle for a one-point win; the last time folks here were talking big before we played them it didn’t turn out too well for us.
None of us actually played so I don’t think talking big on a message board mattered much.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
None of us actually played so I don’t think talking big on a message board mattered much.
The attitude permeated this place, the program and the crowd, including the stupid t-shirts that depicted us dispensing with them like a bratty little brother. They came here with a plan and were determined to punch us in the mouth and embarrass us on our home court in our Big East home opener—the first with a crowd since we (re)joined the (New) Big East. And that’s exactly what they did.

Against that backdrop, I just think it looks pretty foolish to proclaim that we are going to embarrass them if we play them in the BET. Of course it’s what I hope we’d do, but I find actions more effective than words.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The attitude permeated this place, the program and the crowd, including the stupid t-shirts that depicted us dispensing with them like a bratty little brother. They came here with a plan and were determined to punch us in the mouth and embarrass us on our home court in our Big East home opener—the first with a crowd since we (re)joined the (New) Big East. And that’s exactly what they did.

Against that backdrop, I just think it looks pretty foolish to proclaim that we are going to embarrass them if we play them in the BET. Of course it’s what I hope we’d do, but I find actions more effective than words.

It's really silly that we take that attitude about PC, given that they nearly always play UConn tough, and often win even as underdogs (especially at the Dunk). I don't know if it's a New England school thing, but it reminds me of the snotty attitude BC often has towards UConn.

As for the game, the road game at the Dunk is by far the easiest game for me to attend. So I'll be bummed if that is the one game cancelled and not rescheduled.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's really silly that we take that attitude about PC, given that they nearly always play UConn tough, and often win even as underdogs (especially at the Dunk). I don't know if it's a New England school thing, but it reminds me of the snotty attitude BC often has towards UConn.
I don’t understand it either, and I think it’s a relatively new phenomenon. We’ve never loved PC, but in my experience we always respected them as a rival.

Likely yet another sign that we’re old men yelling at clouds, because these kids like to puff up their chests a lot and don’t seem to care much about backing it up.

Reaction Score
Doesn't work due to the Big East rule that says you cant play three games in a week two weeks in a row.
I'm not gonna go back and triple check, but after @navery12's post, I looked specifically to confirm that it doesn't violate that rule. Assuming a week is Sunday-Saturday, both teams appeared to me to be good to go for February 3rd.

Reaction Score
Doesn't work due to the Big East rule that says you cant play three games in a week two weeks in a row.
I was just looking by calendar weeks and it seemed to work for both. I'm not sure if the Big East is calling a week Monday-Sunday in which case you'd be right

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I think if Feb 3 was in play it would have been announced by now.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
259E2365-00BC-46D5-81E5-846711216678.jpeg

Seems like it’s a given that the game will be rescheduled according to the wording in this email I got. It says “once it is announced” not “if”. How many of you have bought tickets of this game? I’m assuming if the game doesn’t happen we are eligible for a refund.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
@UConn_Top_Dog I have tickets. I doubt it will be played. StubHub emailed me the day the game was postponed and said my tickets would be good (should the game be rescheduled), or they would resell them for me. It also says nothing about a full refund, but that if the game is canceled, I would have a site credit for 120% the cost of the tickets, good for a year. I'm sure if I whined enough, I could get a credit, but I'm always looking to go to games, and now I'd have more to spend. I'll take that. Refund status must depend on where you bought your tix.

Reaction Score

Minor fact to add. We were without our best play and BEPOY candidate Adama Sanogo

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Minor fact to add. We were without our best play and BEPOY candidate Adama Sanogo
Major fact. Just like Auburn was without one of their best players when we beat them in double OT.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Major fact. Just like Auburn was without one of their best players when we beat them in double OT.
8ppg on meh efficiency in 24 minutes per so far. He was one of their best last year, but he’s basically a solid starter for this years team.

Reaction Score
Fwiw Mon thru sun is 7 days. Sun to sun is 8 days.7 days is 1 week ,according to rules they couldn't play

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
@UConn_Top_Dog I have tickets. I doubt it will be played. StubHub emailed me the day the game was postponed and said my tickets would be good (should the game be rescheduled), or they would resell them for me. It also says nothing about a full refund, but that if the game is canceled, I would have a site credit for 120% the cost of the tickets, good for a year. I'm sure if I whined enough, I could get a credit, but I'm always looking to go to games, and now I'd have more to spend. I'll take that. Refund status must depend on where you bought your tix.

Still hopeful the game happens. I got my tickets directly off of the PC athletics website. Probably more likely to get a full refund if you went the route I went. It would be a damn shame if this game doesn’t get played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom