Saturday PC game is officially postponed | The Boneyard

Saturday PC game is officially postponed

Reaction Score
Curious - we played our full OOC slate, but I wonder if the NCAA would approve a game if we could get one scheduled. We might be back in the same boat as last season where it’s imperative to have as many games played as possible.

I also wonder if the league will look into moving late February games up to times when teams are idle to help with rescheduling.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
This is disappointing, but not surprising. I think the Big East is giving plenty of leeway as far as rescheduling games so we can get them all in, and I hope it's feasible to do so. It would be disappointing to put an asterisk on the season because it's shortened...hoping for the best.

Reaction Score
Given the uncertainty of the season, it makes last night's win even more important.

With the PC game postponed, nothing but a bunch of very winnable games leading up to the Feb 5th game against Nova.
That game against Creighton isn't going to be easy on February 1st. They are a very competitive team this year.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
That means we have a very good chance to end the month on a 5 game winning streak and 6-2 in conference play ahead of a packed & difficult February slate. Need fo take care of business against the bottom feeders (Butler x2, Georgetown & DePaul)

Reaction Score
Curious - we played our full OOC slate, but I wonder if the NCAA would approve a game if we could get one scheduled. We might be back in the same boat as last season where it’s imperative to have as many games played as possible.

I also wonder if the league will look into moving late February games up to times when teams are idle to help with rescheduling.

Reaction Score
That game against Creighton isn't going to be easy on February 1st. They are a very competitive team this year.
Considering Villanova beat Creighton by 34 points last week they don't concern me very much.

Reaction Score
and Marquette just beat PC by 30 after we beat marquette but had lost to PC. so what did that mean for saturday?

Sure, because that's definitely how college basketball works.
UConn is #22 on Kenpom and Creighton is #56. Again, a very winnable game.

Reaction Score
UConn is #22 on Kenpom and Creighton is #56. Again, a very winnable game.

Winnable, for sure, but should not be lumped in with the likes of DePaul, Butler and Georgetown. The Johnnies are ranked 91 on Kenpom, and we know how that went yesterday. Creighton is ranked a good deal higher.

Reaction Score
And where does Crieghton beating Nova by 20 come into the analysis?
Do you really want to use a game from a month ago rather than the one that I used from last week? Other than that One Win a month ago, I don't see any other real impressive wins on their resume.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Considering Villanova beat Creighton by 34 points last week they don't concern me very much.
That was after Creighton beat Villanova by 20 at home. I know this game is at our home but I wouldn't overlook Creighton who also beat Marquette away to a similar amount we did.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Glad they just put this out. I have until 3:00 today to cancel our hotel rooms. Im sure they will reschedule to a week night. Nice and convenient.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
stumbles out of bed, fires up the puter, and is greeted by this news....
cheez and crackers! can't we even have one day to bask in the glow?
goes back to bed, hopes that the dream with dancing girls and ribeye steaks reappears....

Reaction Score
Do you really want to use a game from a month ago rather than the one that I used from last week? Other than that One Win a month ago, I don't see any other real impressive wins on their resume.
So what do you think when you see our resume? Impressive win against Auburn...and then who? VCU or the Bonnies? both ranked lower than Creighton on kenpom...

But carry on and decide the game ahead of time based on your arbitrary metrics...

Reaction Score
Pardon my pedantry, but isn't the game officially canceled? I agree that the game is postponed in plain English, i.e. an effort will be made to reschedule. The Big East (who decides what is "official"), however, says the game is canceled.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
goes back to bed, hopes that the dream with dancing girls and ribeye steaks reappears....
Your brain must be a wild place

Reaction Score
Pardon my pedantry, but isn't the game officially canceled? I agree that the game is postponed in plain English, i.e. an effort will be made to reschedule. The Big East (who decides what is "official"), however, says the game is canceled.

They've announced all previous games as "cancelled" when in fact they are just attempting to reschedule. It gives them cover if the game is actually not reschedulable.

Reaction Score
They've announced all previous games as "cancelled" when in fact they are just attempting to reschedule. It gives them cover if the game is actually not reschedulable.
I know. My musing is purely semantic. The more I think about it, the more I realize the whole idea of cancellation vs. postponement is a deep wormhole. Are the terms mutually exclusive? Is a nixed game considered postponed if and only if the game is canceled and rescheduled at the same time? Or is a called-off game only canceled until it becomes rescheduled, at which point it becomes only postponed? And what about "postponed indefinitely"?!?!

It's enough to drive a man insane.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This gives us more days to bask and maybe even afford the time to meet actual dancing girls and munch on real steaks. Good luck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom