S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 7 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's tied for the most, I believe, with two Tennessee teams and one Notre Dame team.

Reaction Score
That's crazy. If we can claim transfers (LaDazhia Williams), then we had 6 draftees. :cool:
LaDazhia left the year before Aliyah & Co came in. She'll now be in training camp with Aliyah and two of her old teammates, Destanni Henderson and Victaria Saxton.

Reaction Score
I would like to amend my my thinking that for SCar basketball-Morrow is the most impactful player in the portal that would benefit South Carolina 2024 Roster. . I would like to say that I now believe that person to be Shayeann Day-Wilson [Combo Guard]

Reaction Score
Day Wilson is currently visiting Miami for what it’s worth. Saw on her insta story that she was with Lattimore

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I would like to amend my my thinking that for SCar basketball-Morrow is the most impactful player in the portal that would benefit South Carolina 2024 Roster. . I would like to say that I now believe that person to be Shayeann Day-Wilson [Combo Guard]

No way is that gonna happen.

Day Wilson is currently visiting Miami for what it’s worth. Saw on her insta story that she was with Lattimore

This makes alot more sense.

Reaction Score
Yeah both signed with Syracuse out of high school & played with each other as high school WBB players. . Not necessary a package deal as Day-Wilson went to Duke and Lattimore went to Miami after Decommitting from the "Cuse".

Reaction Score

I can see how the numbers would make you like Morrow, but what makes Day-Wilson the best guard in the portal in your mind?

Reaction Score
I can see how the numbers would make you like Morrow, but what makes Day-Wilson the best guard in the portal in your mind?
She is most like Henny as a scorer. I think Don’s teams are better with a real scoring point guard.

Reaction Score
She is most like Henny as a scorer. I think Don’s teams are better with a real scoring point guard.
Have you checked her field goal and 3pt %? She’s never broke out of the 30s for field goal percentage and is a career 30%. Henny has 10+ percentage points on her in both. South Carolina doesn’t need a guard that inefficient with the talent on their roster.

Reaction Score
Have you checked her field goal and 3pt %? She’s never broke out of the 30s for field goal percentage and is a career 30%. Henny has 10+ percentage points on her in both. South Carolina doesn’t need a guard that inefficient with the talent on their roster.
Both those Duke guards are poor shooters, from the floor and from the FT line.

Reaction Score
Missouri Tigers will get the transfer claim/credit since she barely played at S.C. :rolleyes:
I wondered why she didn't play more to be honest. It wasn't like there was anything overwhelming ahead of her when she was at USC and she was decently effective when she did get out there.

I understand the transfer regardless.

Reaction Score
I wondered why she didn't play more to be honest. It wasn't like there was anything overwhelming ahead of her when she was at USC and she was decently effective when she did get out there.

I understand the transfer regardless.
I remember her having some sort of injury that kept her sidelined for a while. I think with her hamstring.

Reaction Score
I remember her having some sort of injury that kept her sidelined for a while. I think with her hamstring.
No..she just did not play/coaches decision. She is the perfect example of why you should not give up on Feagin.

Reaction Score
No..she just did not play/coaches decision. She is the perfect example of why you should not give up on Feagin.
I don't think it was much of an injury but I did find this in an article about her transfer from SC.

Williams was never able to generate consistent minutes during her two years. Held back by a preseason hamstring injury that nagged throughout her freshman season (and playing behind Alexis Jennings and National Player of the Year A’ja Wilson), Williams only averaged 5.8 minutes per game.

Reaction Score
I don't think it was much of an injury but I did find this in an article about her transfer from SC.

Williams was never able to generate consistent minutes during her two years. Held back by a preseason hamstring injury that nagged throughout her freshman season (and playing behind Alexis Jennings and National Player of the Year A’ja Wilson), Williams only averaged 5.8 minutes per game.
Jennings was hurt and relatively ineffective that year I think.

I wanted to see more of LD, but if she was behind due to injury that makes sense.

Reaction Score
I recall Williams’ offensive game being pretty unrefined, but she was pretty effective on the defensive side and showed very nice rebounding abilities. She would get into a game and it seemed within a couple minutes or so she would already gathered up 4 rebounds. I wished she would have gotten more minutes, particularly that meh ‘18-‘19 season but I guess she couldn’t gain Dawn’s trust. Like Bianca Jackson, no doubt she saw that ‘19 class coming and knew it was best for herself to move on.

Reaction Score
Jennings was hurt and relatively ineffective that year I think.

I wanted to see more of LD, but if she was behind due to injury that makes sense.
You could always tell that she was very skilled player at SC but she looked very much a step behind everyone else and little lost. She didn't really embrace contact back then and she couldn't shoot the ball to save her life. She would have some pretty post moves for a nice look and miss the basket.

I was rooting for Williams when she was at SC but I don't think she adapted well to being at the end of the bench. Once it was clear that Boston and Amihere was coming, I don't think she believed in herself enough to compete for minutes and wasn't surprised that she transferred.

She imo chose the wrong school and should have went somewhere she could have contributed 30 minutes a game. Although in the end it worked out for her, minus the draft location. She could make a WNBA roster but not Indiana in its current state.

Reaction Score
She's not taking the news very well. :p

20230413_171023.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is a chess move, and I’m not talking about for Day-Wilson or Taylor.

I like it. A lot.

giphy.gif

If you think I was tired of yall before.... my sick and tiredness has escalated 1,000 %. Might cancel my trip to the upstate, and boycott chicken for a week.

We really need that dislike button back, especially for today's posts in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom