OT: - Rutgers will require vaccinations for students fall '21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Rutgers will require vaccinations for students fall '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s odd that society is moving away from organized religion yet there are more and more looking to claim the religious exemption. It’s as if those that adhere to religion are becoming more zealous, or they are simply lying.
Many are simply lying because as I have shown in linked articles there really are only 2 religions that ban vaccines. Islam allows them even if pork derivatives are in them. Christian faiths have said the same even if stem cells from aborted fetuses are used. Most organized Religions realize the greater good of vaccinations.

Reaction Score
Many are simply lying because as I have shown in linked articles there really are only 2 religions that ban vaccines. Islam allows them even if pork derivatives are in them. Christian faiths have said the same even if stem cells from aborted fetuses are used. Most organized Religions realize the greater good of vaccinations.
It is a personal choice of your own conscience whether or not it violates your religious beliefs. No religious organization can speak for me or anyone else for that matter. I will not get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because it used fetal cell lines to be produced. If the Pope comes out and says its fine to take that vaccine that doesn't mean Christians can now get the J&J vaccine morally. It violates my personal religious beliefs and I don't have to justify that to you or anyone else. I am accountable to God not man.

Reaction Score
It is a personal choice of your own conscience whether or not it violates your religious beliefs. No religious organization can speak for me or anyone else for that matter. I will not get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because it used fetal cell lines to be produced. If the Pope comes out and says its fine to take that vaccine that doesn't mean Christians can now get the J&J vaccine morally. It violates my personal religious beliefs and I don't have to justify that to you or anyone else.

I guarantee you're regularly taking advantage of medical advancements that have used stem cells without even realizing it. Just some food for thought. The medication given to Trump when he was in the hospital with Covid used fetal cell lines.

Reaction Score
That is going to be interesting. I suspect it will be challenged. The Vaccine available under an emergency use authorization, so can't be required by employers for example. Not sure schools would be different.

Edit: Google providing a lot of what seems like misinformation about this, looking at other vaccines. Employers can't require Covid-19 vaccination under an EUA - STAT (statnews.com)

This is not as cut and dry as you or Siri describe here. The author misinterpreted the comments of Dr. Cohn as being applicable to all private organizations, and left out the part about informing patients of the consequences of refusing the vaccine.

Here is the relevant text of the statute:

"With respect to the emergency use of an unapproved product, the Secretary, to the extent practicable . . . shall . . . establish such conditions on an authorization under this section as the Secretary finds necessary or appropriate to protect the public health, including . . . Appropriate conditions designed to ensure that individuals to whom the product is administered are informed . . . of the option to accept or refuse administration of the product, of the consequences, if any, of refusing administration of the product, and of the alternatives to the product that are available and of their benefits and risks."

Clearly there can be consequences of refusal, and the Secretary has the ability to permit consequences he/she deems appropriate to protect the public health.

There are other considerations that may make a mandate illegal for private organizations, or schools, but the reliance on the EUA statute is misplaced.

Reaction Score
It is a personal choice of your own conscience whether or not it violates your religious beliefs. No religious organization can speak for me or anyone else for that matter. I will not get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because it used fetal cell lines to be produced. If the Pope comes out and says its fine to take that vaccine that doesn't mean Christians can now get the J&J vaccine morally. It violates my personal religious beliefs and I don't have to justify that to you or anyone else. I am accountable to God not man.
Imo - that doesn't qualify for an exemption, sorry. 30 years ago I would have said ok, unfortunately people using that exemption for reasons that have nothing to do with religion have hurt your cause.

Reaction Score
Imo - that doesn't qualify for an exemption, sorry. 30 years ago I would have said ok, unfortunately people using that exemption for reasons that have nothing to do with religion have hurt your cause.
Luckily it isn't up for you to decide. You don't get to dictate my morals any more than I get to dictate yours

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Locked. I don't care what your religion or politics are, but it won't be debated here, and I don't have the time or interest to babysit such a thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak