Rudi Williams Top 8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rudi Williams Top 8

Reaction Score
As long as we also got castle to reclass he checks all the boxes

Reaction Score
We say bench. But right now he’s be the second ball handler. 20-25 minutes a game easy
Exactly, even if his shooting percentages drop by 10% because of the tougher competition, he would still be a good option because we need another ball handler.

Reaction Score
Still think that he could start, or get starter minutes in a small ball lineup that moves hawk to the 3 and Andre to the 4

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Who the heck is this guy? Lol. Strictly a one year depth piece I hope.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He's a traveling man - thats for sure
Why do these kids get so damn impatient?
If he was applying for a job (not as a player) would this bother you? Lets be honest
If I was DH I'd be digging deep into the background of this transfer
He can shoot but if he starts to erode team chemistry..............................

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He's a traveling man - thats for sure
Why do these kids get so damn impatient?
If he was applying for a job (not as a player) would this bother you? Lets be honest
If I was DH I'd be digging deep into the background of this transfer
He can shoot but if he starts to erode team chemistry..............................
I don’t know if he can shoot it. He shot 29% from 3 and 40% overall the previous year playing against better comp for K-State. This has to be strictly a depth move for us.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t know if he can shoot it. He shot 29% from 3 and 40% overall the previous year playing against better comp for K-State. This has to be strictly a depth move for us.
Agreed. His “final 8” is also pedestrian. Shouldn’t be a projected starter for us.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we aren’t getting him
I’ll interpret this as you knowing something. Correct me if I’m wrong. Do you know where he’s leaning, or have you just heard we’re not in the lead?

Reaction Score
What about that offer list is decent?? Pretty much us and a bunch of dregs.
That his Top 8, not necessarily his offer list. A google search brought up OK St, Memphis and Florida all having reached out to him as well, I don’t know the full offer list but those teams reaching out show there’s interest from other decent schools.

Reaction Score
You gotta love this place.

Gaffney, Diggins and CFjr transfer and the Boneyard looses their collective .

Player whose probably pretty clearly better than those 3 puts us in his final 8 and we've got people hoping he's just being brought in for depth purposes?

I don't know man. I'm glad some posters on here don't run the program.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Would you rather give 25 min / starting role to this guy and have Hawkins come off the bench? Or vice versa?

There is risk to not giving Hawkins starters minutes.

Reaction Score
Would you rather give 25 min / starting role to this guy and have Hawkins come off the bench? Or vice versa?

There is risk to not giving Hawkins starters minutes.
Stop it. Hawkins is starting no matter who transfers in here. We have 4 locks right now. Newton/Hawkins/Jackson/Sanogo. Hurley can either go 4 guards and slide Jackson to the 4, which opens up another starting spot for a guard like Rudi. Or he can go "traditional" and Karaban/Samson start.

Rudi has zero impact on Hawkins starting. They don't even play the same position lmao. Hawkins is not a ball handler, Rudi is.

Reaction Score
That his Top 8, not necessarily his offer list. A google search brought up OK St, Memphis and Florida all having reached out to him as well, I don’t know the full offer list but those teams reaching out show there’s interest from other decent schools.
So you think he spurned Ok St, Memphis and Florida to include George Mason, Wichita State and BYU?? C'mon please

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Stop it. Hawkins is starting no matter who transfers in here. We have 4 locks right now. Newton/Hawkins/Jackson/Sanogo. Hurley can either go 4 guards and slide Jackson to the 4, which opens up another starting spot for a guard like Rudi. Or he can go "traditional" and Karaban/Samson start.

Rudi has zero impact on Hawkins starting. They don't even play the same position lmao. Hawkins is not a ball handler, Rudi is.
Yeah that’s why I’m asking the question.

Hurley was quoted saying he wants to return to a 4 out offense with a traditional stretch 4 (i.e Karaban or Samson if he can develop a deep shot). Jackson will be moreso a guard than a forward, handling the ball like we saw last year.

So let me ask again, with Newton (1), Jackson (3), Karaban/Johnson (4), and Sanogo (5) who would you want playing starters minutes at the 2?

Reaction Score
Yeah that’s why I’m asking the question.

Hurley was quoted saying he wants to return to a 4 out offense with a traditional stretch 4 (i.e Karaban or Samson if he can develop a deep shot). Jackson will be moreso a guard than a forward, handling the ball like we saw last year.

So let me ask again, with Newton (1), Jackson (3), Karaban/Johnson (4), and Sanogo (5) who would you want playing starters minutes at the 2?
He answered that question Hawk. Rudy is a pt. You have AJ at the pt so Ruby sits.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Huh? You aren't making sense. If Hawkins is starting, and Jackson, and Newton, and Sanogo, you think there's an additional starting spot for a ball handler? Hawkins is 175 pounds (Dan said they want him at 195), he isn't holding down the small forward spot. A team with Rudi at the 2, Hawk 3 and AJ 4 is puny and would get crushed in the Big East. Hawk is working on his handle, he's the SG. Johnson is likely the other starter at the 4. There's no starting spot left on this team. There are minutes, sure.

Reaction Score
Huh? You aren't making sense. If Hawkins is starting, and Jackson, and Newton, and Sanogo, you think there's an additional starting spot for a ball handler? Hawkins is 175 pounds (Dan said they want him at 195), he isn't holding down the small forward spot. A team with Rudi at the 2, Hawk 3 and AJ 4 is puny and would get crushed in the Big East. Hawk is working on his handle, he's the SG. Johnson is likely the other starter at the 4. There's no starting spot left on this team. There are minutes, sure.
Hawkins is 185 pounds (started last season at 170) so you're wrong there. And yes, there is an additional starting spot if you slide Hawkins to the 3 and Jackson to the 4. Jackson is a point forward at this point. He can play the 4 because he's an elite defender. Who cares if he is slightly undersized, he's the best athlete on the floor every single night. He can guard anyone

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom