RU schedule post | The Boneyard

RU schedule post

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, it looks like our New Jersey friends have moved on from trying to justify their existence with Connecticut NBA players. I actually thought this was funny.

It does make RU look like a crap hole though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think its great and the best thing they've done since hiring Pikiell. What do you have against North Jersey? And its greatest claim to fame besides the smell off the Tpke?

I wouldn't want to make a video driving around Mansfield. Thats for damn sure.

If Seton Hall was smart they wouldve done it first. They have a better claim.

CL82

Reaction Score
I think its great and the best thing they've done since hiring Pikiell. What do you have against North Jersey? And its greatest claim to fame besides the smell off the Tpke?

I wouldn't want to make a video driving around Mansfield. Thats for damn sure.

If Seton Hall was smart they wouldve done it first. They have a better claim.
Meh, I would classify New Brunswick as "middle Jersey" at best. Yeah, as I noted above I thought it was funny.

Reaction Score
Meh, I would classify New Brunswick as "middle Jersey" at best. Yeah, as I noted above I thought it was funny.
There is no real “central” Jersey. It’s north or south. I grew up on not far from Princeton, which is about as central as it gets.

Most of us would say North Jersey. We don’t want to be associated with Philly and south Jersey (eagles fans) trash lol. North Brunswick is absolutely north Jersey. Any town with such easy access to NY is north Jersey. It’s technically in the outer reaches of the metro area.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
There is no real “central” Jersey. It’s north or south. I grew up on not far from Princeton, which is about as central as it gets.

Most of us would say North Jersey. We don’t want to be associated with Philly and south Jersey (eagles fans) trash lol. North Brunswick is absolutely north Jersey. Any town with such easy access to NY is north Jersey. It’s technically in the outer reaches of the metro area.
New Brunswick never feels like North Jersey to me, but you're not wrong.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
New Brunswick never feels like North Jersey to me, but you're not wrong.

The break line is when you get a yes to the answer of the question : "Do you believe in the Jersey Devil?"

CL82

Reaction Score
The break line is when you get a yes to the answer of the question : "Do you believe in the Jersey Devil?"
Pssh, it's not so much a believe thing as in acknowledge thing. (Then again, I have camped in the pine barrens. It is undeniably creepy there.) Now the better question is why isn't Rutgers called the Jersey Devils? Scarlet Knights sounds like a movie title.

Reaction Score
Northern, Western and Southern NJ is beautiful. Eastern NJ (i.e., everything around and east of the I-287 corridor) is a crap hole.

Reaction Score
Northern, Western and Southern NJ is beautiful. Eastern NJ (i.e., everything around and east of the I-287 corridor) is a crap hole.
Lol this does not read like someone familiar with the state. Everything east of 287 is less than an eigth of the state, basically the NY metro area. I’d hardly call that “Eastern NJ”.

It’s north and south. That’s it. And the real demarcation @August_West is just like east/west CT; do you follow Philly or NY sports?

Reaction Score
Lol this does not read like someone familiar with the state. Everything east of 287 is less than an eigth of the state, basically the NY metro area. I’d hardly call that “Eastern NJ”.

It’s north and south. That’s it. And the real demarcation @August_West is just like east/west CT; do you follow Philly or NY sports?
I am quite familiar with the state, but just dividing the state into north and south doesn't describe it very well. If you want to get nitpicky, then I'll call it Northeast NJ, but yes, the metro area. Honestly, after years of only experiencing metro NJ when I was young, I had no idea how nice most of the state really is. Couldn't belive I was in NJ the first time I drove through Sussex or the southern Townships east of the turnpike.

But the Piscataway/Edison/New Brunswick area? A crap hole.

CL82

Reaction Score
But the Piscataway/Edison/New Brunswick area? A crap hole.
You're not wrong and I lived in Metuchen for a while.

Reaction Score

Absolutely right - as someone that is born and raised in NJ. Mid or central NJ isn’t a thing

Reaction Score
According to a new law there is a Central Jersey.

A new law says the region will include Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, and Somerset Counties “at minimum,” according to a statement from the Governor's Office. It's been settled: Central Jersey does exist — thanks to New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy's signature.

Reaction Score

There is a mysterious area In Jersey we’re Yankee and Giant stuff magically turns into Philly and Eagle Stuff

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Ah, New Joisey: where an accident can back up for 25 miles due to exits being 10 miles apart on the turnpike.

Reaction Score
The Sopranos went off the air in 2007. Their freshman players were 2 year olds.

Reaction Score
Ah, New Joisey: where an accident can back up for 25 miles due to exits being 10 miles apart on the turnpike.
This is the most cringe part of what people think about NJ; that we say “Joisey”. That’s a NY accent. Neither my dad who grew up just outside Newark nor my mother who grew up by the Shore speak like that.

Reaction Score
There is a mysterious area In Jersey we’re Yankee and Giant stuff magically turns into Philly and Eagle Stuff
195 going from Asbury Park to Trenton is the line.

Works the same as the Hartford river and NY/Boston sports

CL82

Reaction Score
This is the most cringe part of what people think about NJ; that we say “Joisey”. That’s a NY accent. Neither my dad who grew up just outside Newark nor my mother who grew up by the Shore speak like that.
People have no idea about this state. I used to enjoy taking Connecticut friends out to dinner and and watch their jaws drop as the reality of New Jersey crashed down on their imagined version of it.

Of course I also used to get a laugh out of telling people we were going out to eat in Newark and seeing the skepticism on their face before I'd take them out in the Ironbound.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
People have no idea about this state. I used to enjoy taking Connecticut friends out to dinner and and watch their jaws drop as the reality of New Jersey crashed down on their imagined version of it.

Of course I also used to get a laugh out of telling people we were going out to eat in Newark and seeing the skepticism on their face before I'd take them out in the Ironbound.
I've been to Jersey dozens of times. Newark by and large is a dump. Atlantic City is a dumpster fire. Camden was my first experience witnessing the after effects of domestic violence (in a hotel lobby no less).

South Jersey is nice, but when people think of NJ, they are thinking of North Jersey. In the areas where people actually live, it smells like a sewer. Like Florida has its rap, NJ has its, and it's well earned. It's a Joisey thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom