2023 Recruiting: - Ross Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Ross Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Newton, most likely yes. But if Alleyne comes on strong to end the year, I’d take a long hard look at bringing him back next year if he wants to return. Doesn’t hurt that he’s close with Castle so there might already be some chemistry there.
My assumption wasn't that we'd push them out the door, but that these guys aren't looking to spend more than 4 years in college. I could be wrong though.

Reaction Score
Stupid question probably, but do some players ever stay because they think next year they will be NCAA champions and they want to be part of that? Risk of injury is a factor- get the money with a pro contract now rather than risk becoming hurt- but his game won't worsen with another year, he'll still be a deadly shooter, and pro teams would still want a deadly shooter.

NBA drafts on youth and potential more than anything. Yeah there are spme players who stick around to win. But in a career where even the very good players often only get 10 years get a salary... it makes sense to maximize long-term earning potential.

Since the second Hawkins showed up on campus, he's been on the 2 year plan.

Reaction Score
Stupid question probably, but do some players ever stay because they think next year they will be NCAA champions and they want to be part of that? Risk of injury is a factor- get the money with a pro contract now rather than risk becoming hurt- but his game won't worsen with another year, he'll still be a deadly shooter, and pro teams would still want a deadly shooter.
Basically the whole University of Florida team stayed because they want to go back to back (and they did).

Reaction Score
Is Oakhill not good anymore? Kind of stopped paying attention to high school ball.

Nice highlights, worth a look. He keeps looking better. Like that the creator put the kids @ for each clip so it's easy to flip through to his clips.

Not sure he has the second highest chance of playing it's a very good class and it's still highly in the air who will be on the roster. The only player we 100% know won't be back is Joey I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong but Newton/Alleyne technically can play another year.

Oak Hill doesn't have their HOF HC anymore but they'll turn it around

Reaction Score
NBA drafts on youth and potential more than anything. Yeah there are spme players who stick around to win. But in a career where even the very good players often only get 10 years get a salary... it makes sense to maximize long-term earning potential.

Since the second Hawkins showed up on campus, he's been on the 2 year plan.
No, it makes sense to get a higher rookie contract, because all future contracts are based on that. The higher in the draft you go, the more your team will invest time in you. It is way way harder to survive past your rookie contract if you are drafted at the end of the first round. Right now Hawkins is weak with the ball and weak in general. Hawkins will be a featured player in the NCAA if he comes back.

Reaction Score
No, it makes sense to get a higher rookie contract, because all future contracts are based on that. The higher in the draft you go, the more your team will invest time in you. It is way way harder to survive past your rookie contract if you are drafted at the end of the first round. Right now Hawkins is weak with the ball and weak in general. Hawkins will be a featured player in the NCAA if he comes back.

No one can guarantee a second contract. Silly argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom