Roberson to Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roberson to Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We just are having a very difficult time attracting post players. This has gone on for years. Also lost Koval. We had the Hungarian transfer. Then the Egyptian lost to injury. But something is going on that big-time post players just don't see UConn as a destination. Ice Brady is a forward. Aaliyah is a natural forward. Something's up....

Reaction Score
We just are having a very difficult time attracting post players. This has gone on for years. Also lost Koval. We had the Hungarian transfer. Then the Egyptian lost to injury. But something is going on that big-time post players just don't see UConn as a destination. Ice Brady is a forward. Aaliyah is a natural forward. Something's up....
Roberson is also a forward...

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Our most heralded perfect season in 2002 was achieved with no one in the rotation over 6’2”. The next 2 championships was then achieved with a 6’3” center and 5’11” “power forward.” Then our back to back perfect seasons were achieved with a 6’4” center and 6’0” “post.” That team beat truly great teams with legitimate big time centers at Stanford and Tennessee.

We also since that time have had 6’5” centers like Kerns, Phillips, Sherwood and McCormack that did not play much or left. I don’t share your concern that we can’t recruit big time post players but, to the extent that your concern is justified, it does not appear to be essential for a championship in the UConn system.

Reaction Score
Dorka was with UConn for 2 years try to learn the players name.
The egyptian is Jana

Reaction Score
Roberson gives Duke the type of player that can turn a program around. I am glad that Arianna picked Duke. With Battison, Fournier, and Cotton, these four ladies are creating a legacy for themselves and for Duke WBB. With the talent level improving greatly in girls high school basketball and carrying over into women's college basketball, we are seeing the continued growth of women's basketball, and the parity is great for the game, and I love it!

Reaction Score
Roberson gives Duke the type of player that can turn a program around. I am glad that Arianna picked Duke. With Battison, Fournier, and Cotton, these four ladies are creating a legacy for themselves and for Duke WBB. With the talent level improving greatly in girls high school basketball and carrying over into women's college basketball, we are seeing the continued growth of women's basketball, and the parity is great for the game, and I love it!
They haven’t done anything yet

Reaction Score
I do believe Kara will get the job done eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom